• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Abortion And The BIBLE

The legal definition of a human being is a BORN person. That shows that 'science' has nothing to do with the term 'human being'. That is a moral/ethical/philosophical issue, not a scientific one.
For me personally its all about the science and how I feel about abortion ..I'm not interested rationales.

For me personally its all about the science and how I feel about abortion ..I'm not interested rationales.
Exceept, of course, it has been demonstrated that it is nothing about the science. It all about how you feel.

what negative affects does abortion have on society?
The huge divide between abortion advocates, like yourself, an me, a pro life backer does society no good. No, it creates division and hostility and sometimes violence. Settling the question
by simply saying I'm right and your wrong speaks to the thick head that lacks empathy ..the ability to put one in someone else's shoes.

Abortion can in some women cause conflict, depression and in some cases suicide. The negative psychological effects of abortion in some women is well documented and does society no
good.

Exceept, of course, it has been demonstrated that it is nothing about the science. It all about how you feel.
For you, not me! I feel its wrong because of what I learned about the unborn through science. And also some of the people I know who have had abortions and struggled with the
act for many years that followed.

God clearly supports abortion, in fact rather more extreme than myself, he supports Post Birth Abortion.

So there's that.

For you, not me! I feel its wrong because of what I learned about the unborn through science. And also some of the people I know who have had abortions and struggled with the
And, you are making moral judgements what you learned, and and seeing 'science' through the eyes of religious preconceptions.

The huge divide between abortion advocates, like yourself, an me, a pro life backer does society no good. No, it creates division and hostility and sometimes violence. Settling the question
That's not an effect of abortion on society...it's a result of people making it political. Intentionally causing conflict.
by simply saying I'm right and your wrong speaks to the thick head that lacks empathy ..the ability to put one in someone else's shoes.
That's a very dishonest comment since I explained exactly why you are wrong regarding science, in detail, and you dont address it at all. Your response is basically just 'na huh.' Why not address my comments directly?
Abortion can in some women cause conflict, depression and in some cases suicide. The negative psychological effects of abortion in some women is well documented and does society no
good.
That's the one people try all the time. No one can produce any examples of it having any effect on a societal level AND I can provide studies that show most women do not regret having their abortions and dont suffer long-range negative effects. (However I wont bother unless you make some good faith efforts to address my points directly).

Hahahaha- not assumption, Lursa!
Unlike God's Words, those you mentioned are all man-made! THEY CAN CHANGE!

Your opinion is wrong about human rights organizations, and I showed you that evidence!
Already refuted and overturned. Post 294.

Better understand what you read:

Whereas the child, by reason of his physical and mental immaturity, needs special safeguards and care, including appropriate legal protection, BEFORE as well as after birth,

Lol - Based on your claim that the link doesn't refer to the unborn - I want some clarification from you -
do you know what an unborn is, btw?
Ancient source.

:rolleyes:

Yada-yada-yada!

The point: Unlike God's Words, those organizations - even the Constitution - they're all man-made!
THEY CAN CHANGE!

Look how the Constitution has been "massaged" to enable RvW.
If it can be manipulated into it - then, it can be manipulated back where it should be!

YOU CAN'T USE THE CONSTITUTION AS YOUR CONCLUSIVE ARGUMENT! Unlike The Laws of God, it's not cast in stone!
It's dependent on the lawmakers "interpreting" it!

Who would've thought that we'd come to this point in time when it's open season for the unborn?
Kinda like Herod or Pharaoh of Egypt, to the slaughter of the innocents! Modern-version.
Even more ancient source :rolleyes:

I'm all for practically supporting women.

I'm all for condemning and convicting MURDEROUS WOMEN!
Well that's great. It's good to see you turning around to supporting women who choose abortion.

Of course we're all against murders, male and female, I think. I know I am.

Well that's great. It's good to see you turning around to supporting women who choose abortion.

Of course we're all against murders, male and female, I think. I know I am.
Even more ancient source :rolleyes:

No, it's not!

Read Post # 296.

gboisjo said: Abortion can in some women cause conflict, depression and in some cases suicide. The negative psychological effects of abortion in some women is well documented and does society no
good.

That's the one people try all the time. No one can produce any examples of it having any effect on a societal level AND I can provide studies that show most women do not regret having their abortions and dont suffer long-range negative effects. (However I wont bother unless you make some good faith efforts to address my points directly).
I've addressed your questions, its my answers you don't like. It makes sense if a woman thinks abortion is not murder, she most likely will be OK. Its the ones who think its wrong and abort anyway ..they're the ones who can suffer afterwards. This is simple common sense. One estimate puts pro life advocates at 46% of the American population. So you see there's a whole lot of people who think people like you are dead wrong.

I grow weary of your justifications and rationalizations.

gboisjo said:

And, you are making moral judgements what you learned, and and seeing 'science' through the eyes of religious preconceptions.
I don't get what your saying. I'm not considering religion in my thinking slash feelings about abortion, for me its all about the science and what it shows in regard to the unborn.

gboisjo said:

I don't get what your saying. I'm not considering religion in my thinking slash feelings about abortion, for me its all about the science and what it shows in regard to the unborn.
Never the less, you are using your preconceptions, rather than what is scientific.

No, it's not.

Read Post 296!
Yeah I did. Over and over. Stop with the hysterics...which is exactly what your colors and huge font portray...and their emphasis fails.

Stick to facts, not drama.

gboisjo said: Abortion can in some women cause conflict, depression and in some cases suicide. The negative psychological effects of abortion in some women is well documented and does society no
good.

I've addressed your questions, its my answers you don't like. It makes sense if a woman thinks abortion is not murder, she most likely will be OK. Its the ones who think its wrong and abort anyway ..they're the ones who can suffer afterwards. This is simple common sense. One estimate puts pro life advocates at 46% of the American population. So you see there's a whole lot of people who think people like you are dead wrong.

I grow weary of your justifications and rationalizations.
The question, and you even quoted it, was regarding effects on society. Effects on individual women are NOT negatively affecting society and there's no data showing that there's so many women that feel that way that would affect society. So you are just basically saying 'na huh.' Mine is based in fact...yours is based on what you wish was true.

Your 'common sense' is no such thing. Here are the facts:

If you want to dispute this, please use sources and facts, not 'your common sense.' (And not ones from pro-life/religious sources) And also, please acknowledge that this is not impacting society negatively. If you still want to make that argument, please list some reasons.

And if you are 'weary' that's not my problem. You came here to discuss an issue. If you cant support your position, then please admit it respectfully and move on.

Yeah I did. Over and over. Stop with the hysterics...which is exactly what your colors and huge font portray...and their emphasis fails.

Stick to facts, not drama.

Read post #296.

The bible never mentions abortion at all and the one tie accidental miscarriage IS mentioned it is treated as a civil crime punishable by the payment of a fine.

The bible never mentions abortion at all and the one tie accidental miscarriage IS mentioned it is treated as a civil crime punishable by the payment of a fine.
Only if no life is lost, then it's a life for a life...there is no distinguishing from the mother and the unborn...a life is a life...period...

The question, and you even quoted it, was regarding effects on society. Effects on individual women are NOT negatively affecting society and there's no data showing that there's so many women that feel that way that would affect society. So you are just basically saying 'na huh.' Mine is based in fact...yours is based on what you wish was true.

Your 'common sense' is no such thing. Here are the facts:

If you want to dispute this, please use sources and facts, not 'your common sense.' (And not ones from pro-life/religious sources) And also, please acknowledge that this is not impacting society negatively. If you still want to make that argument, please list some reasons.

And if you are 'weary' that's not my problem. You came here to discuss an issue. If you cant support your position, then please admit it respectfully and move on.
Cherry picked editorial pages mean nothing ..a dime a dozen ..they're as biased as you. "Facts" my ass. This is a fact, nearly half of our countries people disagree with you. Like myself, they think abortion on demand is wrong. Nothing you say will change that, so suck it up and move on.

The Fetus Is A Human Being

The Bible says the fetus is a human being. Science says human life begins at conception.
Logic says the same thing! After all, what else would be the offspring of human beings – no matter what stage of development the offspring is?

Job 3

3 After this, Job opened his mouth and cursed the day of his birth.
2 He said:
3 “May the day of my birth perish,

and the night that said, ‘A boy is conceived!’

The Bible also refers to the fetus as a baby............. as children!

Luke 1

41 And when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, the baby leaped in her womb. And Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit,

Luke 1
44 For behold, when the sound of your greeting came to my ears, the
baby in my womb leaped for joy.

Genesis 25

22 The children struggled together within her, and she said, “If it is thus, why is this happening to me?” So she went to inquire of the Lord.

Not only that!
The Bible refers to the unborn as ................... a PEOPLE! A NATION!

Genesis 25
21 Now Isaac pleaded with the LORD for his wife, because she was barren; and the LORD granted his plea, and Rebekah his wife conceived.
22 But the children struggled together within her; and she said, “If all is well, why am I like this?” So she went to inquire of the LORD.
23 And the LORD said to her:
Two nations are in your womb,
Two peoples shall be separated from your body;
One people shall be stronger than the other,
And the older shall serve the younger.”

And on top of all that, the fetus is also referred to as a reward from God.

Psalm 127
3 Behold, children are a gift of the Lord,
The fruit of the womb is a reward.

So, how anyone can even think that the fetus has no more value than a slug, is beyond me! :)
Honestly, I think you’re reading abortion into these verses. Everybody knows a fetus moves and kicks. Ancient women felt the very same sensations while pregnant.

Cows are innocent and have blood. Does that mean the bible condemns eating beef?

Come to think of it, according to the bible, and unborn child is not innocent -- it hasn't been baptized yet and is therefore guilty of original sin.

Not that I actually care what the bible says.
Interesting argument about the baptism

Back
Top Bottom