• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ABC - Atheists, Bible Christians, Catholics

How do you know that?

It's in the Bible...Jesus, while on the earth, denounced the religious leaders of Israel as hypocrites and he also stated his reasons for doing so...they rendered mere lip service to the Creator, making the word of God invalid because of their traditions...Matthew 15:1, 6-9; Mark 7:6, 7...their actions were out of harmony with their words...Matthew 23:1-3...

It's in the Bible...Jesus, while on the earth, denounced the religious leaders of Israel as hypocrites and he also stated his reasons for doing so...they rendered mere lip service to the Creator, making the word of God invalid because of their traditions...Matthew 15:1, 6-9; Mark 7:6, 7...their actions were out of harmony with their words...Matthew 23:1-3...

How do you know that the people who wrote the Bible didn't lie about what Jesus said?

How do you know that the people who wrote the Bible didn't lie about what Jesus said?

Why would you think that they had?

I’m pretty sure he means Sola Scriptura, Sola Fide Christians; those that that believe that the Bible is the only source of knowledge about God and that salvation is only through faith.

I wondered if it was something along those lines.

But his meaning seems different. The key part of his definition of "Bible Christian" seems to be that the Bible Christian is fanatical.

Could have been an interesting question he posed, but instead it's just a platform to sneer at a certain part of Christianity.

Who wrote a book?

Half of the NT was supposedly written by Paul. But that's not even really clear, and for a lot of it, nobody really knows.

Last edited:
where can athesits and catholics find common ground?

I have given one example:

When they were sad at the sight of the "Notre Dame" fire.
Where-as those fanatical Bible Christians with no feeling for European culture were over-joyed at the sight of burning "idols".

What does the Bible tell you — you share a book! Or do Jehovah's witnesses have their own bible like Mormons?

They have their own bible, custom made.

I have given one example:

When they were sad at the sight of the "Notre Dame" fire.
Where-as those fanatical Bible Christians with no feeling for European culture were over-joyed at the sight of burning "idols".
I liked the breaking of statues earlier, too. Notre Dame, why not? Isn't it full of pictures and paintings and statues? Burn it to the ground.

So it is.
And those JW are masters of circular conclusions :lol:

I was just thinking about what "Bible Christians" could possibly mean, and it occurred to me that "Bible Christians" might be people who call themselves "Christian" but have no relationship with God - all they have is what they call their bible, if in fact it is a "Bible" - it might be a forgery. Here in America we call them "legalists" - they are always scripture bombing others to make themselves feel superior. Personally, I would rather be around people who live scripture rather than just quoting it. Nobody is perfect, but people who dont pretend to be perfect are easier to take.

I liked the breaking of statues earlier, too. Notre Dame, why not? Isn't it full of pictures and paintings and statues? Burn it to the ground.

Oh my God!
I am horrified about your posting.

They have their own bible, custom made.

I think I post enough of God's Word, that people can see that is not true...same book, same chapters, same verses, translated directly from Hebrew and Greek into English...if anyone has a different Bible, it's Catholics...

Exactly...idols galore...

My idea:

Atheists and Catholics can find some agreement.
But Bible Christians can never agree with Non-Bible-Christians.

Because anything outside their narrow world is satanic.

Correct?

they are real idiots, yes

I was just thinking about what "Bible Christians" could possibly mean, and it occurred to me that "Bible Christians" might be people who call themselves "Christian" but have no relationship with God - all they have is what they call their bible, if in fact it is a "Bible" - it might be a forgery. Here in America we call them "legalists" - they are always scripture bombing others to make themselves feel superior. Personally, I would rather be around people who live scripture rather than just quoting it. Nobody is perfect, but people who dont pretend to be perfect are easier to take.

Yet Jesus answered oftentimes with "It is written"...if it was good enough for him, it is certainly good enough for me...too bad you disagree...

Yes, one could say that those "Bible Christians" practise idolatry.
And their idol is a book that they call "Bible".

Was that really necessary?

If you mean: "Was it really necessary to call the beautiful Cathedral of Notre Dame idolatry?"
Then I say: "No!"

if you mean: "was it really necessary to call the beautiful cathedral of notre dame idolatry?"
then i say: "no!"

swoossshhhhh...

Yet Jesus answered oftentimes with "It is written"...if it was good enough for him, it is certainly good enough for me...too bad you disagree...

Sometimes he said "it is written...but I say.."

Back
Top Bottom