• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ABC - Atheists, Bible Christians, Catholics

Not really. Those kinds get all upset and almost start calling you names if you so much as imply that good works can get you into heaven, no matter how close to being a saint you are. FAITH FAITH FAITH FAITH FAITH! is their motto.

Talking to yourself?

Anything beyond the first 24 is false..so, it doesn't matter one bit.

So, why aren't you still doing sacrifices and following all the other 600+ laws?:2razz:

So, why aren't you still doing sacrifices and following all the other 600+ laws?:2razz:

Well, since sacrfices can only be done in the temple, and the vast majority of the 613 laws are about temple behavior, obviously not. Anybody who actually knew the bible would know that.

Well, since sacrfices can only be done in the temple, and the vast majority of the 613 laws are about temple behavior, obviously not. Anybody who actually knew the bible would know that.

lol...poor excuse since many made sacrifices outside the temple before there was a temple...anybody who actually knew the Bible would know that...;)

lol...poor excuse since many made sacrifices outside the temple before there was a temple...anybody who actually knew the Bible would know that...;)

Hey, it's not my fault you are scripturally illiterate.

Good analysis, Rumpel. And I certainly understand what you mean by the Bible Christians, namely fundamentalist who believe literally in the Bible.
I have long said that I would consider becoming a Christian once again as soon as they can agree among themselves regarding doctrine and belief. In other words, it won’t happen in this lifetime.

That's pretty easy to handle. Just become Catholic. There is but ONE RCC doctrine.

Hey, it's not my fault you are scripturally illiterate.

You do realize there was no such thing as a temple until the 4th year of King Solomon's reign in 1034 BCE, right?

That's pretty easy to handle. Just become Catholic. There is but ONE RCC doctrine.

lol...that's what Rumpel claims he is...

You do realize there was no such thing as a temple until the 4th year of King Solomon's reign in 1034 BCE, right?

Yes. Do you have a point. You do realize the scriptures were not put down until the 6th century, don't you?

Yes. Do you have a point. You do realize the scriptures were not put down until the 6th century, don't you?

My point is, your temple excuse does not hold water...if you believe the 1st 24 books to be true, you should at least follow them or shut up...

My point is, your temple excuse does not hold water...if you believe the 1st 24 books to be true, you should at least follow them or shut up...

Sure it does. Your characterization and claims about the Jewish scriptures are null and void.

Sure it does. Your characterization and claims about the Jewish scriptures are null and void.

I think it's the other way around...yours are null and void...

As you are allowed to believe your lies...

There is no evidence that what I believe is false. On the other hand, well, the Jehovah Witness cult got the end of the world wrong SO many times.

And, their child abuse scandals are pretty bad.

There is no evidence that what I believe is false. On the other hand, well, the Jehovah Witness cult got the end of the world wrong SO many times.

Sure there is...plenty of evidence which I've already given...

Sure there is...plenty of evidence which I've already given...

There seems to be a misunderstanding what is a claim, and what is evidence. You have given claims. Claims are not evidence.

On the other hand, well, the Jehovah Witness cult got the end of the world wrong SO many times.

People must be either very simple-minded or very fanatical to believe in "Jehovah's Witnesses".

If whether what you believe is false or not is decided based on the consequences, how do you explain poverty, hunger and war in one part of the world and extravagance, capitalism, obesity, alcoholism and fueling the aforementioned war in another part of the world? Does that look like success to you? Are starving children your idea of success for you?

Back
Top Bottom