• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

A question of those who don't support the war in Iraq:

Will proof of an Iraq/AlQaeda connection change your views on the war?

• Yes, if it is shown that Saddam supported terrorists I will support the war.

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • No, nothing will change my mind I'm a vehement pacifist.

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I already support the war.

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters
Engimo said:
The "links" that you have shown are casual and did not indicate any cooperative relationship. It's equivalent to having pictures of Bush and Cheney hugging eachother or laughing and shaking hands.

God you people are so full of sh!t, it's not even funny any more, the proof is about to come out of the operational links between AlQaeda and Iraq that the President and his supporters claimed existed all along and all you can do is put some lame spin on it like this. Gimme a break.

CONFESS!!! You don't support the war because Bush is in office just admit it if not to me than to yourself for god's sakes, repent and you shall be saved.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
God you people are so full of sh!t, it's not even funny any more, the proof is about to come out of the operational links between AlQaeda and Iraq that the President and his supporters claimed existed all along and all you can do is put some lame spin on it like this. Gimme a break.

CONFESS!!! You don't support the war because Bush is in office just admit it if not to me than to yourself for god's sakes, repent and you shall be saved.

Sigh. How would you have any idea about my motivations for not supporting the war? I don't support the war because Iraq provided little, if any, threat to the United States at all, and we have subsequently tied up large amounts of resources to "liberating" Iraq that could have been better spent domestically or on controlling terrorism abroad - something that invading Iraq has not really done.

Conflict said:
I thought the basement was like Vegas.... Whatever happens in the basement stays in the basement?

The funny thing is that I am completely not in any way concerned with your opinion.

That only goes for quotes out of the basement. Consider that link as directions to a verbal ass wupping.

Engimo said:
Ahh, gotcha. By the way, what is the latin in your avatar? I could swear I've seen it before in either a philosophical or mathematical context.

It's a mathematical context. It represents a tachyon... a particulate which moves beyond the speed of light.

Conflict said:
It's a mathematical context. It represents a tachyon... a particulate which moves beyond the speed of light.

Yes! I knew it! It was bothering me a lot. Tachyons are nutty particles, let me tell you. Apply energy and they slow down, whuh? Superluminous particles confuse me.

Engimo said:
Sigh. How would you have any idea about my motivations for not supporting the war? I don't support the war because Iraq provided little, if any, threat to the United States at all, and we have subsequently tied up large amounts of resources to "liberating" Iraq that could have been better spent domestically or on controlling terrorism abroad - something that invading Iraq has not really done.

Little to no credible threat????!!!!!! It's about to be proven that Saddam trained thousands of AlQaeda operatives at Salmon Pak for Christ's sakes what more of a threat do you need???

That only goes for quotes out of the basement. Consider that link as directions to a verbal ass wupping.

I'll just consider it as more nonsensical and extreme rhetoric, which is how I view all of your posts anyway. HAR! Now, about the tin-foil hat.....

Little to no credible threat????!!!!!! It's about to be proven that Saddam trained thousands of AlQaeda operatives at Salmon Pak for Christ's sakes what more of a threat do you need???

Like I said, did we know that beforehand?

Nope.

What are you talking about the President has been shouting it from the raftors this whole ****ing time.

The statement, perhaps. Does saying something make it true? The evidence that he based it on was inconclusive and did not support the claims he was making - this evidence does not change that.

Engimo said:
The statement, perhaps. Does saying something make it true? The evidence that he based it on was inconclusive and did not support the claims he was making - this evidence does not change that.

Wait a second here, let me see if I understand you correctly, what you're saying is that the the evidence proving something is true does not make that something true???? What the fuc/k??? I'm bewildered as to your warped logic, I can't honestly think that you actually believe this crap that you're saying so I'm done with you for now, the proof will be hitting the airwaves before the coming elections see ya in ''06 partna, it's going to be a good year.

Engimo said:
Yes! I knew it! It was bothering me a lot. Tachyons are nutty particles, let me tell you. Apply energy and they slow down, whuh? Superluminous particles confuse me.

Let's not forget superbradyons and composite fermions. ;)

Talk about whacky.......

Funny thing is... the world is not flat.

Wait a second here, let me see if I understand you correctly, what you're saying is that the the evidence proving something is true does not make that something true???? What the fuc/k??? I'm bewildered as to your warped logic, I can't honestly think that you actually believe this crap that you're saying so I'm done with you for now, the proof will be hitting the airwaves before the coming elections see ya in ''06 partna, it's going to be a good year.

Look, let me show you something.

Q:When did this evidence come out?
A: Now.

Q: When did President Bush send us to war?
A: The past.

Q: Did Bush have the information in the past?
A: No.

Q: How, then, does information coming out now change the validity of the justifications for war?
A: It doesn't.

Conflict said:
Let's not forget superbradyons and composite fermions. ;)

Talk about whacky.......

Funny thing is... the world is not flat.

Beep. Are you a physicist?

A: There was evidence supporting this assertion this evidence merely confirms what we already knew.

A: When he deemed Saddam was a viable threat to the United States based on the intelligence he was given, evidence as now will be proven was in fact correct.

A: Yes, he did so, it's all in the 9-11 commission report.

Q: How, then, does information coming out now change the validity of the justifications for war?

There was evidence in the past and like I've already said just because that information came out now how the hell does that make the original statement any less true in fact it does the opposite it confirms that the statement was true all along.

You're really stretching here you know that?

Sigh. I'm done arguing with you, Trajan. If you insist on the validity of your claim that there were significant links between Al-Qaeda and Iraq, even after they have been conclusively debunked, there can be no discussion.

Engimo said:
Beep. Are you a physicist?

psychophysioligist. Yes I do have post degrees in physics.

What this information will prove is that the President was telling us the truth all along and that all those people who said Iraq and AlQaeda had no connections are the ones who have been lying.

Conflict said:
psychophysioligist. Yes I do have post degrees in physics.

Very sexy. I'm going for my B.Sc. in Mathematics and Physics.

What this information will prove is that the President was telling us the truth all along and that all those people who said Iraq and AlQaeda had no connections are the ones who have been lying.

And where exactly is "this" information?

A: There was evidence supporting this assertion this evidence merely confirms what we already knew.

A: When he deemed Saddam was a viable threat to the United States based on the intelligence he was given, evidence as now will be proven was in fact correct.

A: Yes, he did so, it's all in the 9-11 commission report.

There was evidence in the past and like I've already said just because that information came out now how the hell does that make the original statement any less true in fact it does the opposite it confirms that the statement was true all along.

You're really stretching here you know that?

Okay TOT. Let's spell this out for you. Say you have a taped phone conversation between Bush and Cheney that proves a homosexual affair. You claim they are gay. The tape is proven false. Two years later, a video camera catches them making out. They are having an affair! Your original information was still wrong and thus didn't justify your assertions. Comprendez vous?

Engimo said:
Sigh. I'm done arguing with you, Trajan. If you insist on the validity of your claim that there were significant links between Al-Qaeda and Iraq, even after they have been conclusively debunked, there can be no discussion.

lmfao the exact opposite is true. The claims that there were no significant links between AlQaeda and Iraq are about to be debunked, see ya in two weeks.

Engimo said:
Very sexy. I'm going for my B.Sc. in Mathematics and Physics.

Sexy? Well.. whatever... I'm heterosexual ... so I do take some offense to being called sexy by another male. Thanks for the compliment... but tone it down a bit?

There are minds that are made for physics... minds made of raw material...

Once you begin to understand the workings of the world and the mind... then you begin to understand the fallacy of power, religion, and politics...

I wish you well on your journey.

Conflict said:
Sexy? Well.. whatever... I'm heterosexual ... so I do take some offense to being called sexy by another male. Thanks for the compliment... but tone it down a bit?

There are minds that are made for physics... minds made of raw material...

Once you begin to understand the workings of the world and the mind... then you begin to understand the fallacy of power, religion, and politics...

I wish you well on your journey.

Thanks! I was being facetious about the sexyness, don't worry.

Kelzie said:
Okay TOT. Let's spell this out for you. Say you have a taped phone conversation between Bush and Cheney that proves a homosexual affair. You claim they are gay. The tape is proven false. Two years later, a video camera catches them making out. They are having an affair! Your original information was still wrong and thus didn't justify your assertions. Comprendez vous?

Your whole premise is flawed. It is a false analogy, never have the claims that Iraq and AlQaeda had an opperational relationship been debunked and they are about to be proven true.

The question ladies and gentlemen is that if this information is true and the documents proving the operational relationships between AlQaeda and Iraq are released as they seem to be, will you change your opinion now, that is not to say that your opinion was wrong then, but rather given this new information will you admit that the war was justified, that you were wrong, and that the President and all of us here on this website who have made these claims were right?

Back
Top Bottom