• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A New Report Adds Evidence That Trump Was a Russian Asset

Still not letting go of that Russian collusion hoax, huh? How long will Trump be living in your head?
Still not letting go of the Trump propaganda that Russian collusion was a hoax -- even as it becomes clearer and clearer that it wasn't a hoax? Keep the cognitive dissonance alive.
How long will your head keep thinking Trump is a romanticized deity?

Slate - Left Bias - Liberal - Democrat - Progressive - Credible
Well, allrighty then.
oh-no-emoji.gif
Are you suggesting that because Slate is left leaning, what they are saying isn't true? They aren't making it up. What they are quoting is a report from the Justice Department (https://www.justice.gov/archives/sco/file/1373816/download). If you don't believe Slate, read the Justice Dept pdf.
If Slate published an article stating that the Sun was a star burning nuclear material at millions of degrees, would you dismiss that as left-wing bias?

Are you suggesting that because Slate is left leaning, what they are saying isn't true? What they are quoting is a report from the Justice Department (https://www.justice.gov/archives/sco/file/1373816/download).
If Slate published an article stating that the Sun was a star burning nuclear material at millions of degrees, would you dismiss that as left-wing bias?
'Sun was a star burning nuclear material at millions of degrees' is a scientific fact, and I wouldn't dispute it.

The Trump / Russian Collusion is far, far from that, is a hoax in my opinion, and I also see that this thread is in the CT section, where it belongs.

'Sun was a star burning nuclear material at millions of degrees' is a scientific fact, and I wouldn't dispute it.

The Trump / Russian Collusion is far, far from that, is a hoax in my opinion, and I also see that this thread is in the CT section, where it belongs.

We all know you Trumpsters have trouble with facts!

There is abundant proof that Trump was (or is still) a Russian asset. For one, his public call for Russia to find Hillary's missing emails, which Russia acted promptly on. The fact that in his 4 year term, Trump had nothing bad to see about Putin. And his secret meetings with Putin during summits. And his frequent phone conversations with Putin for which there are no available recordings or transcripts, though those may exist.

Blimey
And the Compliance Gullibles think I have a loose screw .
Your model needs a manufacturer recall . Fast .

Donald Trump was a tool in a long-running Russian campaign to weaken the United States. That’s been documented in Republican-led investigative reports, and now it has been updated with new evidence, thanks to the U.S. Intelligence Community’s assessment of the 2020 election. The report, drafted by the CIA, the FBI, and several other agencies, was released in unclassified form on Tuesday, but it was presented in classified form on Jan. 7. In other words, it was compiled, written, and edited during Trump’s administration. It destroys his lies about the election, and it exposes him as a Russian asset.
As to Russia, the report leaves no doubt: In 2020, as in 2016, “President Putin authorized, and a range of Russian government organizations conducted, influence operations” to help Trump and hurt his Democratic opponent. For example, “Shortly after the 2018 midterm elections, Russian intelligence cyber actors attempted to hack organizations primarily affiliated with the Democratic Party.” Then, in late 2019, Russia’s military intelligence service, the GRU, “conducted a phishing campaign against subsidiaries of Burisma holdings, likely in an attempt to gather information related to President Biden’s family.” Throughout the 2020 election, agents “connected to the Russian Federal Security Service,” FSB, planted negative stories about Biden. Internet operatives working for the Kremlin, including the troll farm that had boosted Trump in 2016, continued to promote “Trump and his commentary, including repeating his political messaging.”

=======
The official report just is confirming what everyone except true deniers knew all along. All the dots line up.

Russiagate never died, no matter how much fascists told us that it did.

Donald Trump was a tool in a long-running Russian campaign to weaken the United States. That’s been documented in Republican-led investigative reports, and now it has been updated with new evidence, thanks to the U.S. Intelligence Community’s assessment of the 2020 election. The report, drafted by the CIA, the FBI, and several other agencies, was released in unclassified form on Tuesday, but it was presented in classified form on Jan. 7. In other words, it was compiled, written, and edited during Trump’s administration. It destroys his lies about the election, and it exposes him as a Russian asset.
As to Russia, the report leaves no doubt: In 2020, as in 2016, “President Putin authorized, and a range of Russian government organizations conducted, influence operations” to help Trump and hurt his Democratic opponent. For example, “Shortly after the 2018 midterm elections, Russian intelligence cyber actors attempted to hack organizations primarily affiliated with the Democratic Party.” Then, in late 2019, Russia’s military intelligence service, the GRU, “conducted a phishing campaign against subsidiaries of Burisma holdings, likely in an attempt to gather information related to President Biden’s family.” Throughout the 2020 election, agents “connected to the Russian Federal Security Service,” FSB, planted negative stories about Biden. Internet operatives working for the Kremlin, including the troll farm that had boosted Trump in 2016, continued to promote “Trump and his commentary, including repeating his political messaging.”

=======
The official report just is confirming what everyone except true deniers knew all along. All the dots line up.
I think it important to define what an "asset" is in the intelligence community.

Asset - A clandestine source or method, usually an agent.

From the most recent ICA report dated March 10, 2021, there's nothing to suggest Donald J. Trump was a "willing participant" in the transmission of domestic intelligence information to the Russian government. However, the report does state that Moscow used "proxies linked to Russian intelligence to push influence narratives...to US media organizations, US officials, and prominent US individuals, including some close to former Pres. Trump and his administration". (Key judgement #2) This goes back to the why the Russia investigation was so important to so many people, myself included. It wasn't a matter of "let's get Trump for anything we can find because we don't like him and don't want him to be President" but rather he had so many people around him who had such close ties to Russian nationals...it was just so unusual. Having just labeled them American's #1 geo-political foe and their behavior on the world stage clearly being more basin, it made sense to find out what was going on with Team Trump and the Russians. What was the depths of their true relationship.

So, while this report doesn't say much different than the Mueller Report did where Trump/Putin/Russia relations go, it doesn't state inequitably that Trump was, in fact, a Russian asset. If he was, trust me when I say he wouldn't be walking free right now if that were the case.

Trump may be an unwitting accomplice, but a asset - no. The man can't keep a secret to save his life nor can he keep his lies straight! So, no. I don't think he was a Russian asset. He was just too eager to cozy up to Russia to get his pet real estate project built, i.e., Trump Tower Moscow, and probably get some of his debts cleared. Now, does that mean that as POTUS he couldn't have done some very underhanded things we may never know about in his dealings with Putin? Yes! But based on this report, I don't see anything in it that convinces me Trump was a Russian asset.

Last edited:
I think it important to define what an "asset" is in the intelligence community.

From the most recent ICA report dated March 10, 2021, there's nothing to suggest Donald J. Trump was a "willing participant" in the transmission of domestic intelligence information to the Russian government. However, the report does state that Moscow used "proxies linked to Russian intelligence to push influence narratives...to US media organizations, US officials, and prominent US individuals, including some close to former Pres. Trump and his administration". (Key judgement #2) This goes back to the why the Russia investigation was so important to so many people, myself included. It wasn't a matter of "let's get Trump for anything we can find because we don't like him and don't want him to be President" but rather he had so many people around him who had such close ties to Russian nationals...it was just so unusual. Having just labeled them American's #1 geo-political foe and their behavior on the world stage clearly being more basin, it made sense to find out what was going on with Team Trump and the Russians. What was the depths of their true relationship.

So, while this report doesn't say much different than the Mueller Report did where Trump/Putin/Russia relations go, it doesn't state inequitably that Trump was, in fact, a Russian asset. If he was, trust me when I say he wouldn't be walking free right now if that were the case.

Trump may be an unwitting accomplice, but a asset - no. The man can't keep a secret to save his life nor can he keep his lies straight! So, no. I don't think he was a Russian asset. He was just too eager to cozy up to Russia to get his pet real estate project built, i.e., Trump Tower Moscow, and probably get some of his debts cleared. Now, does that mean that as POTUS he couldn't have done some very underhanded things we may never know about in his dealings with Putin? Yes! But based on this report, I don't see anything in it that convinces me Trump was a Russian asset.
I think it comes down to the definition of "asset." If I have a relationship with someone that I can manipulate, either by pandering their ego or promising them monetary gain, does it matter if they are witting? They are an asset to me because I can get what I want.

Proof that Trump supporters do not have a monopoly on tired conspiracy theories.
tbf, Trump supporters seem to have waaaaay fewer conspiracy theories
which enjoy this level of backing from the United States Intelligence Community and GOP Senate investigations

I think it comes down to the definition of "asset." If I have a relationship with someone that I can manipulate, either by pandering their ego or promising them monetary gain, does it matter if they are witting? They are an asset to me because I can get what I want.

And there is simply no doubt that Trump was a Putin/Russian "asset. That was clearly and easily seen when he made his "Putin says he didn't interfere in the election and I believe him" statelement. Putin and his henchmen no doubt had many chortles over how easy it was to get Trump to be a hand puppet.

But on a more serious note Obama wears tan suits and puts mustard on his hamburgers..

Literally.. LITERALLY... Trump could rape, beat and kill someone on 5th Avenue and his cult wouldn't care. They would still care more about Obamas tan suit..

But on a more serious note Obama wears tan suits and puts mustard on his hamburgers..

Literally.. LITERALLY... Trump could rape, beat and kill someone on 5th Avenue and his cult wouldn't care. They would still care more about Obamas tan suit..

I don’t know about beat and kill, but at least three women have accused Trump of rape, and another twenty or so of sexual abuse of one kind or another. “They are all lying”, of course, according to the Trumpies.

I don’t know about beat and kill, but at least three women have accused Trump of rape, and another twenty or so of sexual abuse of one kind or another. “They are all lying”, of course, according to the Trumpies.
Trump said he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and his supporters wouldn't care, he wouldn't lose their votes..

So yeah. He could kill someone, on video, and his cult wouldn't care..

...And Elvis lives, too.

Have y'all ever considered sending the evidence you have to the United States Intelligence Community?
What about the United States House of Representatives?
What about the United States Senate?

Each of these groups reported that Russia worked with the Trump campaign
even if Trump was ignorant about the efforts.

Y'all need to send these groups the links to the blog posts etc. which will straighten them out.
Obviously they don't know shit compared to us keyboard warriors.

Keyboard Warriors Unite!

Russia's end goal in the 2016 election was to cause chaos and division with American voters. It worked, too.
Look at us.
The Steele dossier was a Kremlin sourced document. Hillary loved it.

Russia will have a preference in the 2024 election and likely take steps they have taken before. That doesn’t make that candidate an asset of Russia in the sense that is being spun here.

Russia will have a preference in the 2024 election and likely take steps they have taken before. That doesn’t make that candidate an asset of Russia in the sense that is being spun here.
Which is nothing new, as the Russians have been 'meddling' in US elections since before the Cold War started.

Russia's end goal in the 2016 election was to cause chaos and division with American voters. It worked, too.

And your ilk voted for their asset, not just in 2016 but also in 2020.

The real truth will come out. It's already beginning to now.

The real truth will come out. It's already beginning to now.

Your ilk wanted to suppress that. That's not how an innocent person (trump) acts.

Back
Top Bottom