• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A little ditty from Jeff Foxworthy

Da Mole

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
I have taken the liberty of editing his whole point and of course adding my feelings about who the real idiots are.

If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license,
but NOT for entering and remaining in the country illegally — you might
live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots. aka leftists.

If you have to get your parents' permission to go on a field trip or to take an aspirin
in school, but not to get an abortion you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses
but is run by idiots or Democrats.

If you MUST show your identification to board an airplane, cash a check, buy liquor, or check
out a library book and rent a video, but not to vote for who runs the government — you might live
in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots, guess who that is.

If your government believes that the best way to eradicate trillions of dollars of debt is to spend
trillions more — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If hard work and success are met with higher taxes and more government regulation and intrusion while
not working is rewarded with Food Stamps, WIC checks, Medicaid benefits, subsidized housing, and free cell phones
you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots and the left who just love it.

Foxworthy is hardly relevant in 2021.

This is poetry on par with Amanda Gorman's inauguration piece.

Bravo.

Because it shows up on Facebook doesn't mean that Jeff Foxworthy wrote it.

Because it shows up on Facebook doesn't mean that Jeff Foxworthy wrote it.

I don't give a damn who wrote it! It is accurate and that is the pathetic place we find ourselves in today because of wrong-headed leftist, liberal thinking. Instead of challenging
who the author is why not try to defend the points made.

I have taken the liberty of editing his whole point and of course adding my feelings about who the real idiots are.

live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

That's so moronic, I can't even believe it's real. The OP is making fun of Trumpers, right?

He doesn't understand why we have fishing licenses. That's a shack with an old dictionary education.

Foxworthy is hardly relevant in 2021.

That is sadly the truth! The destructive, over the top Liberal agenda, has made the entire conservative movement irrelevant. The liberal left is well on the way to turn us into a third world country. How sad it is that you can't see it and worse yet, applaud it.

I don't give a damn who wrote it! It is accurate and that is the pathetic place we find ourselves in today because of wrong-headed leftist, liberal thinking. Instead of challenging
who the author is why not try to defend the points made.

Okay... now that it is cleared up that it is falsely attributed to Foxworthy.... probably to lend to it an air of folksy credibility... What is so compelling about this writing... other than the obvious grievance section of the brain that it tickles.

That's so moronic, I can't even believe it's real. The OP is making fun of Trumpers, right?

He doesn't understand why we have fishing licenses. That's a shack with an old dictionary education.

Please, tell me why we have fishing licenses so that we can continue.

Okay... now that it is cleared up that it is falsely attributed to Foxworthy.... probably to lend to it an air of folksy credibility... What is so compelling about this writing... other than the obvious grievance section of the brain that it tickles.

Has it been cleared up? Can you show me that he did not author this? It is compelling because it hits the nail on the head.

Please, tell me why we have fishing licenses so that we can continue.

No. I think it's funnier that someone totally ignorant runs their mouth and I wouldn't wanna ruin the fun for anyone else. You do you.

live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots. aka leftists.

If you have to get your parents' permission to go on a field trip or to take an aspirin
in school, but not to get an abortion you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses
but is run by idiots or Democrats.

If you MUST show your identification to board an airplane, cash a check, buy liquor, or check
out a library book and rent a video, but not to vote for who runs the government — you might live
in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots, guess who that is.

If your government believes that the best way to eradicate trillions of dollars of debt is to spend
trillions more — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If hard work and success are met with higher taxes and more government regulation and intrusion while
not working is rewarded with Food Stamps, WIC checks, Medicaid benefits, subsidized housing, and free cell phones
you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots and the left who just love it.
Maybe you should get your facts straight. Not only did Foxworthy not write this, it is rather old.

It is also not his style.

Has it been cleared up? Can you show me that he did not author this? It is compelling because it hits the nail on the head.

Yes... it has been cleared up. This has been around since 2013 and pops up from time to time.

What nails? What solutions are offered to the complaints lodged here? Like take the first one... comparing to incomparable things... hunting and fishing licenses to illegal immigration. Other than moaning about it... is there a solution offered or is there only grievance?

My solution to illegal immigration btw is to find the people who hire undocumented labor, seize their property and throw them in jail.

You see... that will fix the problem real quick.

Yes. There is plenty of evidence to support it was not written by him.

He also doesn't do the politics thing.

Yes... it has been cleared up. This has been around since 2013 and pops up from time to time.

What nails? What solutions are offered to the complaints lodged here? Like take the first one... comparing to incomparable things... hunting and fishing licenses to illegal immigration. Other than moaning about it... is there a solution offered or is there only grievance?

My solution to illegal immigration btw is to find the people who hire undocumented labor, seize their property and throw them in jail.

You see... that will fix the problem real quick.

You still refuse to stop it at the border which creates the labor problem in the first place. Your solution is to address it after the horse has left the barn. That said, E-verify should be enforced. It is not because ALL politicians are corrupt.

Yes. There is plenty of evidence to support it was not written by him.

He also doesn't do the politics thing.

Why are you so hung up on who wrote it? Do you agree with it or not? If not why not?

Why are you so hung up on who wrote it? Do you agree with it or not? If not why not?
You stated it was written by Jeff Foxworthy here. In fact, the very title of your thread shows that to you that point was, for some reason, important, despite it being wrong. I showed that you were wrong.

You still refuse to stop it at the border which creates the labor problem in the first place. Your solution is to address it after the horse has left the barn. That said, E-verify should be enforced. It is not because ALL politicians are corrupt.

Nope.... go after the people hiring them. That is what creates the problem.

You have that backwards.

If the jobs didn't exist, people wouldn't be risking life and liberty trying to get here and get them. Heres the thing...no border is going to be 100% effective. That being what it is, unless you are going to penalize the shit out of any business owner who uses that labor that manages to get across the border, then its not going to matter. To lots of undocumented workers, the risk would still be worth it. If you made it so punitive on a business that the risk of hiring even 1 illegal was enough to shut them down, the job market for illegals would dry up and there would be no reason to risk coming here in that fashion.

Yeah, the workers are a problem, but the businesses are the real guilty parties here....giving them a reason to come to this country is the reason they are here.

I case you haven't noticed, none of you liberals have addressed or refuted the points made by whoever wrote it originally.
Why refute points that are someone else's opinion and nothing more? There is no need to do that, especially not when the OP doesn't even take the time to fact check the author.

You have that backwards.

If the jobs didn't exist, people wouldn't be risking life and liberty trying to get here and get them. Heres the thing...no border is going to be 100% effective. That being what it is, unless you are going to penalize the shit out of any business owner who uses that labor that manages to get across the border, then its not going to matter. To lots of undocumented workers, the risk would still be worth it. If you made it so punitive on a business that the risk of hiring even 1 illegal was enough to shut them down, the job market for illegals would dry up and there would be no reason to risk coming here in that fashion.

Yeah, the workers are a problem, but the businesses are the real guilty parties here....giving them a reason to come to this country is the reason they are here.

Why, Why, Why can't you support strong border control? Blaming the job creators who many times are forced to hire illegals in order to compete with their competitors is avoiding the problem at its source, a porus border. Another point---all illegals are not here for the jobs alone. Many are career criminals coming to where the money is. Many pregnant women come for healthcare and the knowledge that that child will be automatically a citizen which makes her un-deportable. Don't forget the lure of all the free stuff the DEMONRATS provide lawbreakers. Just protect the damn border!

Back
Top Bottom