• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Judge Wants Assurances The Administration Won't Destroy Records About Trump's Calls With Foreign L

Mach

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
A Judge Wants Assurances The Administration Won't Destroy Records About Trump's Calls With Foreign Leaders. The Justice Department Is Hesitating.

WASHINGTON — A government watchdog group asked a federal judge on Tuesday to issue an emergency order requiring the White House to preserve records of all of President Donald Trump’s calls with foreign leaders.

At a court hearing later in the day, a Justice Department lawyer told the judge that she couldn’t immediately commit to assuring that the administration would preserve records of all of Trump’s conversations, as well as other records about how the administration had handled those documents. The judge gave the government until Wednesday afternoon to make a decision.

Not really working how it should?

Government Watchdog Lawsuit Seeks To Force Trump To Preserve Records Of All Calls With Foreign Leaders

Anybody seen Oliver North recently?

and these are the same people that attacked Hillary forever.

this is all just too funny.

Why not. Just destroy the records of Trump betraying the nation...we know he has...I mean, what are we gonna do about it?
Charge some low-level who destroyed them with destroying evidence? Oh my, they will be commuted of sentence then pardoned.

The game is rigged.

Why not. Just destroy the records of Trump betraying the nation...we know he has...I mean, what are we gonna do about it?
Charge some low-level who destroyed them with destroying evidence? Oh my, they will be commuted of sentence then pardoned.

The game is rigged.

He should put them all in a secure server in his personal residence outside the WH. Then have a subordinate destroy the hard drives with a hammer.

Oh wait...

well, like the saying goes, want in one hand, **** in the other, and see which gets full first.

giphy.gif

US District Judge Amy Berman Jackson...yeah...why am I not surprised.

I suggest the DOJ make her make a ruling...and then move on up to the Supremes, if necessary.

Jackson is due for a slap-down.

US District Judge Amy Berman Jackson...yeah...why am I not surprised.
I suggest the DOJ make her make a ruling...and then move on up to the Supremes, if necessary.
Jackson is due for a slap-down.

Why would government being unable to confirm it will not destroy these records and the logs of what happened, no concern you?
That's not the kind of values I want associated with America.

A Judge Wants Assurances The Administration Won't Destroy Records About Trump's Calls With Foreign Leaders. The Justice Department Is Hesitating.

Government Watchdog Lawsuit Seeks To Force Trump To Preserve Records Of All Calls With Foreign Leaders

So that's what this 'urgent' meeting with Congressional members is all about tomorrow! The IG is concerned that things will be destroyed to cover up the cover up of the cover up.

I almost don't care about the Ukraine call anymore. I want to read a transcript of those between Trump and Putin and Trump and Mohammed bin Salman. Those are the ones Trump is freaking out about. Putin probably warned Trump already 'get rid of that **** or I'll kill ya'. That's how Putin rolls.

Last edited:
Why would government being unable to confirm it will not destroy these records and the logs of what happened, no concern you?
That's not the kind of values I want associated with America.

A DOJ lawyer has no authority to make that kind of assurance. The White House doesn't work for the lawyer...or the judge.

So that's what this 'urgent' meeting with Congressional members is all about tomorrow! The IG is concerned that things will be destroyed to cover up the cover up of the cover up.

I almost don't care about the Ukraine call anymore. I want to read a transcript of those between Trump and Putin and Trump and Mohammed bin Salman. Those are the ones Trump is freaking out about. Putin probably warned Trump already 'get rid of that **** or I'll kill ya'. That's how Putin rolls.

Nobody cares about any of the calls. That's not what this is about.

The Dems are just using that as the means to justify impeachment. They are blowing smoke...trying to start a fire.

Nobody cares about any of the calls. That's not what this is about.

The Dems are just using that as the means to justify impeachment. They are blowing smoke...trying to start a fire.

So, you're perfectly fine with the president of the United States trying to hold money as a weapon to get Ukraine to interfere with the 2020 election? really? You're okay with that? Is the bar really that low for you?

Trump released his own impeachment document when he released the transcript of his conversation. He brought this upon himself when he did it and doubled down when he made it public.

So Does Every Honest And Patriotic American;

We could take the read outs and tapes from Putin, as we have before, since we didn’t get one.

Let’s give away some more highest level Israeli Intel that compromised a Syrian SAM — Sources, Assets, Methods — which just happened to occur about the same time we extricated our SAM from Putin;

Helsinki

So, you're perfectly fine with the president of the United States trying to hold money as a weapon to get Ukraine to interfere with the 2020 election?

Trump did no such thing. Why would you believe the smoke?

A DOJ lawyer has no authority to make that kind of assurance. The White House doesn't work for the lawyer...or the judge.

Right, we're a nation of DEAR LEADER TRUMP now, not of laws. **** the judge, **** the laws.

That's interesting reading. Essentially, the DoJ lawyer says there is no risk of the WH destroying records they're legally obligated to retain, but can't confirm nothing will be destroyed because it might infringe on privileged legal advice. But how can that be unless Barr has determined that they can destroy some or all records. If the legal advice isn't - you must retain the records in question - then what is it?

Right, we're a nation of DEAR LEADER TRUMP now, not of laws. **** the judge, **** the laws.

Trump has done nothing against any law.

Trump has done nothing against any law.

First of all, the DoJ is representing the White House in the lawsuit. The OP is about the DoJ not being able to assure the court that the WH won't destroy records that the law requires them to maintain. You say you don't care, because the White House doesn't "work for" the DoJ or the judge. Well, they're answerable to the law, or they aren't. Your position is they are not.

And we don't know if in this case they have or haven't. What the DoJ cannot do is assure anyone they won't. It should be simple - "Yes, Judge, I can assure you my clients will comply with the law." Odd that it's too big a stretch.

So, you're perfectly fine with the president of the United States trying to hold money as a weapon to get Ukraine to interfere with the 2020 election? really? You're okay with that? Is the bar really that low for you?

Trump released his own impeachment document when he released the transcript of his conversation. He brought this upon himself when he did it and doubled down when he made it public.

It wasn’t just that trump was withholding money.

He was withholding badly needed weapons to stave off mass killings by:

Trump’s dictator friend Putin — every single time

But but but but but Hillary and Bleach Bit!!! BENGHAZI!!!!!
Her damn emails!!

Butter emails!!!!

Back
Top Bottom