• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A growing number of Americans blame Trump for shutdown: Reuters-Ipsos poll

Individual 1 is already trying to raise contributions to his re-election committee. He is lying to his little rubes, but they don't have the brain cells to understand.

Rubes and morons........

Non Compos Mentis.

This is probably the most dishonest argument I hear repeated by Trump supporters.

A: Congress already gave Trump $1.6 billion for his wall, most of which he has yet to spend. It is Trump who has failed to build even one foot of new wall.

https://qz.com/1516960/trump-speech-tonight-he-hasnt-spent-border-wall-money-he-already-has/

B: The bill that was passed by the Senate would have given Trump another $1.6 billion.

C: Trump chose to SHUT DOWN the government to demand what he wanted putting Dems in the position that they can't relent or he will employ the tactic every time he wants something.

So you can stop the pissy moany party. Nobody is buying it.
None of what you just posted is true. None of that money was allocated to build any new wall.it was expressly prohibited to be used for that.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

None of what you just posted is true. None of that money was allocated to build any new wall.it was expressly prohibited to be used for that.
The first line probably read something more like this:

"This is probably the most dishonest argument I hear repeated by Trump supporters, and I've got a bunch of dishonest and factually incorrect reasons why"

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Can you support this?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...for-shutdown-reuters-ipsos-poll-idUSKCN1P223U

NEW YORK (Reuters) - A growing proportion of Americans blame President Donald Trump for a partial government shutdown that will cut off paychecks to federal workers this week, though Republicans mostly support his refusal to approve a budget without taxpayer dollars for the U.S.-Mexico border wall, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll released on Tuesday.

The national opinion poll, which ran from Jan. 1 to Jan. 7, found that 51 percent of adults believe Trump “deserves most of the blame” for the shutdown, which entered its 18th day on Tuesday. That is up 4 percentage points from a similar poll that ran from Dec. 21 to 25.
=====================================================
Not a surprising result. Wonder what the numbers will be after Trump mangles the truth tonight.

I can't believe that number is not 100 percent. Love Trump, hate Trump, have no opinion about Trump....he was captured on video saying he would take responsibility for the shutdown while Schumer was on video at the same time telling him not to shut it down.

That is a fact, and can not be refuted.

I can't believe that number is not 100 percent. Love Trump, hate Trump, have no opinion about Trump....he was captured on video saying he would take responsibility for the shutdown while Schumer was on video at the same time telling him not to shut it down.

That is a fact, and can not be refuted.

Many know that Trump's word is worthless. Just ask his ex-wives and current wife.

Hangin' with her red Christmas trees.

In all honesty I actually grew to like those red trees a great deal. I do think she has quite the eye for such matters.

This is probably the most dishonest argument I hear repeated by Trump supporters.

A: Congress already gave Trump $1.6 billion for his wall, most of which he has yet to spend. It is Trump who has failed to build even one foot of new wall.

https://qz.com/1516960/trump-speech-tonight-he-hasnt-spent-border-wall-money-he-already-has/

B: The bill that was passed by the Senate would have given Trump another $1.6 billion.

C: Trump chose to SHUT DOWN the government to demand what he wanted putting Dems in the position that they can't relent or he will employ the tactic every time he wants something.

So you can stop the pissy moany party. Nobody is buying it.

What is the bill number in which this 1.6 billion was appropriated in?
Since there is conflicting reports that this money could only be used to either upgrade existing fencing or used to install fencing that was already designated to have a fence but didn't have the funding to complete it.

What is the bill number in which this 1.6 billion was appropriated in?
Since there is conflicting reports that this money could only be used to either upgrade existing fencing or used to install fencing that was already designated to have a fence but didn't have the funding to complete it.

It was the March 2018 Omnibus Spending bill.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/23/tru...nding-bill-over-daca-and-the-border-wall.html

It had restrictions for the money, like it couldn't be used for concrete barriers, but I can't find anything in it that restricts building new fencing.

It was the March 2018 Omnibus Spending bill.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/23/tru...nding-bill-over-daca-and-the-border-wall.html

It had restrictions for the money, like it couldn't be used for concrete barriers, but I can't find anything in it that restricts building new fencing.

Read
https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/1625/text
Sec. 230
SEC. 230.

(a) Of the amount made available in this Act under “U.S. Customs and Border Protection—Procurement, Construction, and Improvements”, $1,571,000,000 shall be available only as follows:

(1) $251,000,000 for approximately 14 miles of secondary fencing, all of which provides for cross-barrier visual situational awareness, along the southwest border in the San Diego Sector;

(2) $445,000,000 for 25 miles of primary pedestrian levee fencing along the southwest border in the Rio Grande Valley Sector;

(3) $196,000,000 for primary pedestrian fencing along the southwest border in the Rio Grande Valley Sector;

(4) $445,000,000 for replacement of existing primary pedestrian fencing along the southwest border;

(5) $38,000,000 for border barrier planning and design; and

(6) $196,000,000 for acquisition and deployment of border security technology.

(b) The amounts designated in subsection (a)(2) through (a)(4) shall only be available for operationally effective designs deployed as of the date of the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2017, (Public Law 115–31), such as currently deployed steel bollard designs, that prioritize agent safety.

(c) None of the funds provided in this or any other Act shall be obligated for construction of a border barrier in the Santa Ana National Wildlife Refuge.

All politicians love the "poorly educated"
How else do you suppose they get them to vote for them?

“We won with young. We won with old. We won with highly educated. We won with poorly educated. I love the poorly educated.”

Presidential candidates court their base, and they lie but of course, you must know this since you appear to support Hillary and Obama...and um, Trudeau.

A growing number of Americans are idiotic lemmings.

Heya, Trix...been a while. Happy New Year. :)

I don't want to attempt to guess at the number of idiotic lemmings in America, but I would suggest that those who oppose spending billions on a wall probably have a good idea of the price of the ladder or shovel it would take to defeat it, and just say "no thanks". That seems like the smarter response to me... :)

Being against the wall isn't necessarily the same as being against border control. Whether or not that permeates partisan knee jerk dumbassery whenever Dear Leader is questioned remains to be seen, but I would suggest folks saying no to the wall so they can spend that money on something that will actually work are more serious about border control than those who are all hot and frothy for this thing, simply because they are Trump fanboys and groupies.

The best is when I heard democrats around me complaining that Trump was leaving Syria... You think less war would make the democrats happy but no... I mean I hate Trump but you cant really blame him HE WAS VOTED IN on the premise that he was gonna build a wall........

Heya, Trix...been a while. Happy New Year. :)

I don't want to attempt to guess at the number of idiotic lemmings in America, but I would suggest that those who oppose spending billions on a wall probably have a good idea of the price of the ladder or shovel it would take to defeat it, and just say "no thanks". That seems like the smarter response to me... :)

Being against the wall isn't necessarily the same as being against border control. Whether or not that permeates partisan knee jerk dumbassery whenever Dear Leader is questioned remains to be seen, but I would suggest folks saying no to the wall so they can spend that money on something that will actually work are more serious about border control than those who are all hot and frothy for this thing, simply because they are Trump fanboys and groupies.

Trump has evolved since the days of wanting a concrete/brick wall or whatever, and has attempted to compromise with the obstructing Democrats.
Trump now says a border barrier made of steel slats would suffice. "They don't like concrete, so we'll give them steel," said Trump. He is offering concessions and of course, they are having nothing about it, because if they actually showed themselves to be fair and compromising, they would also look weak going into 2020. The latter is really what this is about...

Enough now. The Dems. need to cough up the meager funds so we keep illegal migration down to a trickle in other places along the US/MX border. Btw, Schumer voted for what Trump is asking for now... Yeah, the point about idiotic lemmings, The Schumer puppets absolutely has proven that Americans have become partisan lemmings, and are getting more idiotic.
How in Sam's name does anyone go along with hypocrite, Chuck Schumer who said, (see below), and voted for the 2006 Secure Fence Act which appropriated more money than Trump's asking for the erection of the fence?

Yeah, more Americans than ever are idiotic lemmings if they can't conclude that Schumer and the rest of the obstructing Dems. are withholding funds not because they do not think a border fence/barrier/enhancement is important but because they don't want Trump to get the win. The Dems. are showing themselves to be elected partisans before country types.

All you have to do, Nate, is to do a meager amount of research to see that the responsibility for keeping the gov. closed still shut remains with them.
How can anyone not see that this is about them employing dirty POLITICS as usual? Are they purposely being obtuse or are they simply "idiotic lemmings"?

“When we use phrases like 'undocumented workers,' we convey a message to the American people that their government is not serious about combating illegal immigration, which the American people overwhelmingly oppose. If you don't think it's illegal, you are not going to say it. I think it is illegal and wrong, and we have to change it.”

- SENATOR CHUCK SCHUMER - He voted for a fence!!! An expensive, big bold beautiful fence!!! Irony.

Let's get it done. Barriers are necessary and have proven to work... see quote below.
In four Customs and Border Protection sectors where physical barriers have been expanded -- El Paso, Yuma, Tucson, and San Diego -- illegal traffic has dropped by at least 90%.

https://www.borderfacts.com/

Happy NY to you too, Nate!
:2wave:

Last edited:
Trump wasn't talking about politicians. He was talking about his base. He likes the fact that they're "idiotic lemmings" as you put it.

Donald Trump declares 'I love the poorly educated'

I suppose it's easier to flimflam people who haven't been taught critical thinking skills.

$25 million settlement finalized in Trump University lawsuit

Context always seems to be missed by you. Is this by design?
I would say you ought to read Trump's actual quote again and stop with the embellishing.

Back
Top Bottom