• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

A few stats about CCW in Chicago and DC

yes you should know that given how all of your posts on gun issues are contrary to known fact

DC is being sued over its reticence to follow Heller. NYC has had permits for CCW for years. so that is two instances where you are not being truthful about the facts

NYC is safe because it is very hard to get a ccw permit.

Chicago is dangerous. Not coincidentally, it is also very easy to get a CCW permit.

Here's what happens when you let random people carry guns:

1. There were over 400 murders in Chicago in 2014 by people who conceal carried. https://portal.chicagopolice.org/po...ws/Crime Statistics/Crime Statistics Year End

2. The results are even more pronounced in Washington DC. There are 44 murders by people with concealed handguns this year alone, and the year is not even halfway through. More importantly though, the passing of concealed carry caused a rise in crime, breaking a record of decreasing crime since 1995. http://mpdc.dc.gov/node/197622

3. Over 95 percent of the victims were racial minorities. That's bound to happen when you let a bunch of George Zimmerman's walk around packing heat. 2015 Stats | Chicago Murder, Crime & Mayhem | HeyJackass!

4. Compare this to New York City, which bans concealed carry, and has far lower crime: NYPD - Office of the Chief of Department

As a law enforcement officer, I can reassure you that the police officers which guard these two fine cities are NOT pleased at all with being forced to let random lunatics and gangbangers carry guns everywhere.

Concealed carry has made two relatively unsafe cities into nothing short of a war zone.

none of your links back up your claims on carrying concealed ... but you already knew that when you posted them.

1. There were over 400 murders in Chicago in 2014 by people who conceal carried. https://portal.chicagopolice.org/po...ws/Crime Statistics/Crime Statistics Year End

2. The results are even more pronounced in Washington DC. There are 44 murders by people with concealed handguns this year alone, and the year is not even halfway through. More importantly though, the passing of concealed carry caused a rise in crime, breaking a record of decreasing crime since 1995. http://mpdc.dc.gov/node/197622

3. Over 95 percent of the victims were racial minorities. That's bound to happen when you let a bunch of George Zimmerman's walk around packing heat. 2015 Stats | Chicago Murder, Crime & Mayhem | HeyJackass!

4. Compare this to New York City, which bans concealed carry, and has far lower crime: NYPD - Office of the Chief of Department

As a law enforcement officer, I can reassure you that the police officers which guard these two fine cities are NOT pleased at all with being forced to let random lunatics and gangbangers carry guns everywhere.

Concealed carry has made two relatively unsafe cities into nothing short of a war zone.

You're a law enforcement officer?

I'm a rocket scientist who plays lead guitar in a famous rock band.

Chicago is dangerous. Not coincidentally, it is also very easy to get a CCW permit.

NY is safe? LOL
And whom is doing the shootings in Chicago? Gang members that's who, with guns stolen or bought on the black market stolen from a legal gun owner.

I guess you aren't aware that there were NO CCW permits or legal handguns for the last 20 years and Chicago was far more dangerous than cities where people could own pistols

You are Skunk Baxter?

MOre like Dr. Brian May-=brilliant guitarist of QUEEN-chaired professor of Astrophysics at a University

a PhD who is a top 20 all time guitar great

The VPC, Brady, Moms Demand, and every other organization that uses complete and utter bull **** to peddle their lies are, I'm sure, extremely proud of you. You'll probably be elected to the board of every gun control organization in the nation so you can teach them to lie as effectively as you do. And by effectively I mean so transparently that Stevie Wonder could smell your bull **** from the other end of the galaxy.

I'd be willing to bet that not a single one of the murders you highlighted was committed by a person who possesses a state issued concealed carry permit. I would also be willing to bet that you know that and are lying intentionally.

I hate to break this to you, chief, but statistics have shown that you have more chance being illegally killed by a cop that by someone with a state issued concealed carry permit. I'm sorry your ego is so fragile that you can't bear to have people exercise the same constitutional rights that you enjoy and swore an oath to defend. I'm sure you're a fantastic cop.

You're a police officer? George Stephanopoulos is a journalist, too.

You're a police officer? George Stephanopoulos is a journalist, too.

I doubt we are going to see any more defense of the preposterous bovine excrement dished out in the OP on this thread.

I doubt we are going to see any more defense of the preposterous bovine excrement dished out in the OP on this thread.

Some are looking to incite rather than discuss. I don't mind except that a little effort could be made to hide the intention rather than leave it as transparent as good glass. I imagine the particular posting method has been employed at other sites where such things are encouraged, or not discouraged, at the very least.

LuddlyNeddite is more like Dudley Doo Right of the Canadian Mounties. Any person that is a cop in real life versus in the mirror at home with the drapes pulled knows someone who kills will kill gun or no gun.

3. Over 95 percent of the victims were racial minorities. That's bound to happen when you let a bunch of George Zimmerman's walk around packing heat. http://heyjackass.com/

4. Compare this to New York City, which bans concealed carry, and has far lower crime: http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/crime_prevention/crime_statistics.shtml

985f403592a1ab10275049896c65ee83.jpg

Of the almost 3,000,000 licenses issued IN Florida...168 have been revoked due to a firearm used in a crime. That is .0056% of license holders.

Seems Florida is just fine. It looks like those 2 cities are filled with morons.

LuddlyNeddite is more like Dudley Doo Right of the Canadian Mounties. Any person that is a cop in real life versus in the mirror at home with the drapes pulled knows someone who kills will kill gun or no gun.

yeah look what happened in gun restricted DC-the CEO of American Iron works, his wife and ten year old son and the housekeeper were found brutally bludgeoned to death apparently by a black suspect who once worked for the father. Apparently, DNA from the suspect was found on a pizza box delivered to the house

bet those people wish they had a gun when they were tied up and brutally beaten to death

They were forced to issue the ccw permit, and THEN they killed somebody, using their newfound ability to carry a gun anywhere.

I call bull****.

Any cop/intelligent citizen knows that permits are issued after background checks, etc. and not 'forced'.

Were they giving fake badges away in Kid's Meals again?

how can someone with a murder record get a CCW permit let alone own a handgun legally

so you are not being truthful nor are you a libertarian at all

Why does someone have to have a murder record?

Is there something wrong with you? What a ridiculous use of statistics. LEO my lily white ass.

Your link here is to a site that has a bunch of links for separate areas for Chicago and one link for city wide. I took a look at the city wide one and not once does it even slightly mention Concealed Carry.

No where in this link does it mention concealed carry. Also your "record breaking of decreasing crime" is not shown at all in your link. Your link only shows homicides. "Crime" includes things like robberies, rape, assaults etc etc. However if you just mislabeled what you wanted to say and meant to claim that this "concealed carry law" has broken a 20 year "record of decreasing homicide since 1995"...you would still be wrong. Going by your link amount of homicides in 2001 was at 232. In 2002 amount of homicides rose to 262. It then decreased again down to 169 in 2006 until in 2007 it rose again to 181 and in 2008 it rose again to 186. It then declined again until 2013 where it rose again up to 104 and in 2014 to 105.

This shows that 1: there was no "record of decreasing crime since 1995. As happens all the time, everywhere, crime goes up and down in waves. However it does show that OVER ALL homicides are STILL generally decreasing since 1995. 2: Due to the up and down nature of homicides happening in the last 20 years your provided statistics does not even come close to indicating that concealed carry laws in any way shape or form are responsible for the "increase" in homicides of the last two years.

1: Seriously? "HeyJackass" website? :lamo

2: The only section that I saw that talked about race gave this warning: *Victim metrics only include homicides. Assailant metrics only account for those incidents where either an arrest has been made or if it involved the police.. It also does not show a "Zimmerman/Trayvon" situation. In fact it shows only 2 of the assailants were white. The rest of the assailants were of a racial minority.

3: That particular racial chart does not state whether the homicides were caused by guns, or baseball bats, assaults or anything else. It simply shows homicides. So linking this to guns is, at best, dishonest debate tactics.

You've yet to prove that concealed carry increased any crime. That said, pretty much every city has lower crime rate than DC and Chicago so your comparison means nothing. ;)

As a concerned citizen I to do not wish lunatics and violant gangbangers to carry guns everywhere. In fact I wish they'd put the lunatics in mental health facilities and violent gangbangers in prison for rehabilitation. Of course I should note that my definition of who is a lunatic and who is a gangbanger may be different from yours.

War zone? Hyperbolic much? And you didn't even come close to proving your claim.

Back
Top Bottom