• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

A few stats about CCW in Chicago and DC

LuddlyNeddite

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Here's what happens when you let random people carry guns:

1. There were over 400 murders in Chicago in 2014 by people who conceal carried. https://portal.chicagopolice.org/po...ws/Crime Statistics/Crime Statistics Year End

2. The results are even more pronounced in Washington DC. There are 44 murders by people with concealed handguns this year alone, and the year is not even halfway through. More importantly though, the passing of concealed carry caused a rise in crime, breaking a record of decreasing crime since 1995. http://mpdc.dc.gov/node/197622

3. Over 95 percent of the victims were racial minorities. That's bound to happen when you let a bunch of George Zimmerman's walk around packing heat. http://heyjackass.com/

4. Compare this to New York City, which bans concealed carry, and has far lower crime: http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/crime_prevention/crime_statistics.shtml

As a law enforcement officer, I can reassure you that the police officers which guard these two fine cities are NOT pleased at all with being forced to let random lunatics and gangbangers carry guns everywhere.

Concealed carry has made two relatively unsafe cities into nothing short of a war zone.

1. There were over 400 murders in Chicago in 2014 by people who conceal carried. https://portal.chicagopolice.org/po...ws/Crime Statistics/Crime Statistics Year End

2. The results are even more pronounced in Washington DC. There are 44 murders by people with concealed handguns this year alone, and the year is not even halfway through. More importantly though, the passing of concealed carry caused a rise in crime, breaking a record of decreasing crime since 1995. http://mpdc.dc.gov/node/197622

3. Over 95 percent of the victims were racial minorities. That's bound to happen when you let a bunch of George Zimmerman's walk around packing heat. 2015 Stats | Chicago Murder, Crime & Mayhem | HeyJackass!

4. Compare this to New York City, which bans concealed carry, and has far lower crime: NYPD - Office of the Chief of Department

As a law enforcement officer, I can reassure you that the police officers which guard these two fine cities are NOT pleased at all with being forced to let random lunatics and gangbangers carry guns everywhere.

Concealed carry has made two relatively unsafe cities into nothing short of a war zone.

How many of those deaths were from legal, licensed, law abiding citizens, "officer"?

How do you explain the already astronomical murder rates in those cities, "officer"?

How do you explain that the cities where gun control laws are the most strict have the highest murder rates, "officer"?

How do you explain the contradictory data (shocking as it may be that heyjackass.com might be wrong) from vastly more areas of the nation, "officer"?

Gosh, that was a smart reply. Asking the right questions!

3. Over 95 percent of the victims were racial minorities. That's bound to happen when you let a bunch of George Zimmerman's walk around packing heat. 2015 Stats | Chicago Murder, Crime & Mayhem | HeyJackass!

4. Compare this to New York City, which bans concealed carry, and has far lower crime: NYPD - Office of the Chief of Department

what a complete fail. you could actually get a permit to carry concealed in NYC-albeit hard to do

in Chicago and DC its almost impossible

what a complete fail. you could actually get a permit to carry concealed in NYC-albeit hard to do

in Chicago and DC its almost impossible

Chicago is actually "shall issue." And too bad, since they were forced to issue ccw permits to 400 murderers

Gosh, that was a smart reply. Asking the right questions!

the funny thing is there is no way the OP is a "law enforcement officer"

Chicago and DC were the murder capitals of the USA for the last 20 years

they also were the two major cities with complete handgun bans

How many of those deaths were from legal, licensed, law abiding citizens, "officer"?

How do you explain the already astronomical murder rates in those cities, "officer"?

How do you explain that the cities where gun control laws are the most strict have the highest murder rates, "officer"?

How do you explain the contradictory data (shocking as it may be that heyjackass.com might be wrong) from vastly more areas of the nation, "officer"?

1. These people were all law abiding until they pulled the trigger. Concealed carry is legal in those two cities.

2.The crime rates in DC rose after ccw passed. CCW increases crime, period.

Chicago is actually "shall issue." And too bad, since they were forced to issue ccw permits to 400 murderers

how can someone with a murder record get a CCW permit let alone own a handgun legally

so you are not being truthful nor are you a libertarian at all

1. These people were all law abiding until they pulled the trigger. Concealed carry is legal in those two cities.

and the murder rate in both cities went up and up and up after those cities banned honest people owning handguns

how can someone with a murder record get a CCW permit let alone own a handgun legally

so you are not being truthful nor are you a libertarian at all

They were forced to issue the ccw permit, and THEN they killed somebody, using their newfound ability to carry a gun anywhere.

Complete BS.

Anything to blame the legal gun owner. Where are you a cop. I would love to know where to avoid.

They were forced to issue the ccw permit, and THEN they killed somebody, using their newfound ability to carry a gun anywhere.

you wanna prove that? BTW you can get a CCW permit in NYC
Joan Rivers had one
Radical Lawyer Ron Kuby has one
the publisher of the NYT had one

New York Concealed Carry Permit Information

I want you to prove your claim you are a law enforcement officer

that's complete BS

One thing my dad always like to joke about was "Visit Chicago cause you have to, stay cause you got murdered"

As for the officer comment, who know? But I'm skeptical as well.

Aren't all people law abiding until they commit a crime?

Concealed carry is known to be hard to get in both cities, and in any case, abuse by some does not negate the legal use by others.

If Chicago and DC were safe cities you'd have a bit more standing, but as is its laughable.

Can you link to data (sorry but jackass.com wont do) to back your assertion?

How do you reconcile your stated lean of "libertarian" with infringing the rights of law abiding citizens for a (false) measure of safety?

Complete BS.

NYC has had CCW licenses for decades-true you had to be rich or well connected to have one

I know, I had a NY state permit. it was a bit easier to get than the NYC one

DC was sued for not allowing said permits after HELLER struck down the complete ban

gun crime has been decreasing nationally while CCW permits are more and more common nationally

NYC has had CCW licenses for decades-true you had to be rich or well connected to have one

I know, I had a NY state permit. it was a bit easier to get than the NYC one

DC was sued for not allowing said permits after HELLER struck down the complete ban

gun crime has been decreasing nationally while CCW permits are more and more common nationally
Hence my quote. His figures are not where near correct for "legal permitted concealed carry of hand guns".

Hence my quote. His figures are not where near correct for "legal permitted concealed carry of hand guns".

you are correct. LN is using criminals carry guns to pretend they are the same as licensed permit holders legally carrying at the time of a shooting

n October 23, 2014, the Metropolitan Police Department began accepting applications for a Concealed Carry Pistol License, pursuant to amendments to the Firearms Control Act of 1975 (D.C. Official Code § 7-2501 et seq.) that were recently enacted by the Council of the District of Columbia, and emergency and proposed regulations issued by the Department on October 22, 2014 (a copy of which are below).

a MAY ISSUE city meaning the anti gun turds who run that city can deny it based on a whim

Additionally, the Firearms Control Act requires applicants to explain their need for a Concealed Carry Pistol License by demonstrating either a good reason to fear injury to themselves or their property, or any other proper reason. The fact that an applicant lives or works in a high crime area, in and of itself, is not a sufficient reason for the issuance of a Concealed Carry Pistol License. Applicants must demonstrate their basis for requesting a Concealed Carry Permit by submitting a personal statement or supporting documentation or a notarized statement from a third party. Please review the Instructions for Applying for a Concealed Carry License for additional information on these requirements. Further, all fees associated with the processing of applications for a Conceal Carry Pistol License are non-refundable, regardless of final determination.http://mpdc.dc.gov/page/applying-concealed-carry-pistol-license

I believe they are being sued again for this idiocy

the people who demand citizens demonstrate a need should be prohibited from carrying pistols themselves

Merely being a police bureaucrat is insufficient to meet this test :mrgreen:

I think this thread was started as a failed circular gun control argument. He is no cop.

Facts are hard things to deal with if they aren't on your side, I see

yes you should know that given how all of your posts on gun issues are contrary to known fact

DC is being sued over its reticence to follow Heller. NYC has had permits for CCW for years. so that is two instances where you are not being truthful about the facts

Back
Top Bottom