• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A federal judge ordered the DOJ to release a memo that Bill Barr used to clear Trump of obstruction of justice, saying 'it is time for the public to s

In what way did Justice NOT prevail.

an Investigation occurred to which the "Prosecutors" (Mueller) found NO chargeable crime. To accuse the President of. The Attorney General accepted and "closed" The matte

Your presentation is false and this memo proves this to be the case.

Yes, it is time for the public to see it.

View attachment 67331822

In Tuesday's ruling, US District Judge Amy Berman Jackson said the unreleased OLC memo that Barr used to clear Trump of obstruction contradicted his claim that the decision to charge the president was under his purview because the special counsel Robert Mueller "did not resolve the question of whether the evidence would support a prosecution."

"The letter asserted that the Special Counsel 'did not draw a conclusion - one way or the other - as to whether the examined conduct constituted obstruction,' and it went on to announce the Attorney General's own opinion that 'the evidence developed during the Special Counsel's investigation is not sufficient to establish that the President committed an obstruction-of-justice offense,'" Jackson wrote.

However, the OLC's memo "calls into question the accuracy of Attorney General Barr's March 24 representation to Congress" and "raises serious questions about how the Department of Justice could make this series of representations to a court," the ruling said.
I am 110% in favor of making all documents that do not compromise national security or open investigations available to the public. Release it.

lol.

FBI directors do not convene grand juries. AGs and other prosecutors do. It was Sessions who utterly failed to indict Hillary. Comey's recommendation does not bind the AG...it's advisory.

So even your fake whattaboutism is stupid. ("Fake", because his real reason for not caring is because Trump, that's why)
Lynch was the AG at the time not Sessions. You are correct though that it was ultimately her decision regardless of what Comey said.

Yes, it is time for the public to see it.

View attachment 67331822

In Tuesday's ruling, US District Judge Amy Berman Jackson said the unreleased OLC memo that Barr used to clear Trump of obstruction contradicted his claim that the decision to charge the president was under his purview because the special counsel Robert Mueller "did not resolve the question of whether the evidence would support a prosecution."

"The letter asserted that the Special Counsel 'did not draw a conclusion - one way or the other - as to whether the examined conduct constituted obstruction,' and it went on to announce the Attorney General's own opinion that 'the evidence developed during the Special Counsel's investigation is not sufficient to establish that the President committed an obstruction-of-justice offense,'" Jackson wrote.

However, the OLC's memo "calls into question the accuracy of Attorney General Barr's March 24 representation to Congress" and "raises serious questions about how the Department of Justice could make this series of representations to a court," the ruling said.
Indict Bill Barr.

We haven't had an "honest administration" for a long, long time.

Not even under Trump, since he had very little control over his executive branch.
We have one now, and we had one under Obama...

Your presentation is false and this memo proves this to be the case.
LOL, please elaborate at least.... You cant just say "nah ah..." and that its..

What part of my "presentation is false"

Was there a 24+month Investigation.

Did the Conclusion state there was no conclusive crime?

What was AG Barr supposed to charge Trump with? HRC unauthorized server? As you need a crime to have occurred to charge someone?...

You think a "memo" would be different from "Mueller's" Conclusion?

What was AG Barr supposed to charge Trump with? HRC unauthorized server? As you need a crime to have occurred to charge someone?...

Hillarys server was against policy, not a crime, if it was all trumps children could be charged as they all did the same.

Apparently trump dropped the policy...

Mueller testified before Congress on ten different counts of obstruction.
He was asked charge by charge and testified trump was guilty of all ten...

The conclusion did not state what you think it states.

The charge would be obstruction of justice.

Politicians, by nature, are dirty.
Some are dirtier than others.. and no one dirtier than trump and by extension his entire administration that he conducted not unlike a mob boss conducts his thugs.

It's exposing corruption. You're only bent out of shape because it's your party's corruption that is being exposed.

Sorry, dude.

"It's exposing corruption."

Oh, is that what the content of the memo does, exposes corruption? LOL. Go ahead and tell me what this memo says exactly.

Some are dirtier than others.. and no one dirtier than trump and by extension his entire administration that he conducted not unlike a mob boss conducts his thugs.

Nobody is as dirty as Slick Willy and Hog Face.

Not even under Trump, since he had very little control over his executive branch.
Correct. Everyone knows Putin pulled Trump's strings during his administration. Thanks for finally admitting the truth.

"It's exposing corruption."

Oh, is that what the content of the memo does, exposes corruption? LOL. Go ahead and tell me what this memo says exactly.
I'm sorry, sir, but I feel it's beyond your capacity to understand.

Nobody is as dirty as Slick Willy and Hog Face.
You obviously missed the 2016-2020 WH Reality Shit Show starring donut boy and his dysfunctional family🙄

The show was cancelled in Nov 2020😊

OK.....

So you just admitted out loud that Trump was an incompetent manager.

Of course, I knew that back in the 1980’s, and just about everyone else knew it even before he rode the esculator.

The public has the right to see it. It would prove Barr and trump are dirty. That's why you want to bury it.

We’ll see it.

And there is little doubt that it will make clear that Barr saw his first obligation to be the President’s defender, not the Constitution or the republic’s defender.

That is what Trump wanted. He said so many times.

OK.....

So you just admitted out loud that Trump was an incompetent manager.

Of course, I knew that back in the 1980’s, and just about everyone else knew it even before he rode the esculator.
I admitted no such thing.

Stop lying.

I admitted no such thing.

Stop lying.

Yeah, you just said he had little control over his Executive Branch!

If you can’t control your own staff and the people that work for you, you’re incompetent.

End of story.

But we all knew that already.

And it’s not even true. Trump was very good a belittling and terrorizing his subordinates. He had done that all his life. If you have any doubt, just watch Deborah Brix squirm when he called on her on live television to endorse his bleach idea. There are dozens of equally sorry examples.

But he has no trouble rounding up guys who were there to sup at the Federal trough and give them free reign.

And, if something went wrong, he “hardly knew the guy”, an excuse he tried with Paul Manafort (his mentor’s long time business partner) and a host of others.

Hillarys server was against policy, not a crime, if it was all trumps children could be charged as they all did the same.

Apparently trump dropped the policy...

Mueller testified before Congress on ten different counts of obstruction.
He was asked charge by charge and testified trump was guilty of all ten...

Yes it was against policy. Which is been chargeable in certain instances. While I have accepted AG Lynch's response as to why she did Not charge HRC. The situation with her meeting Bill on the tarmac did not help the situation prior to the charging decision.

As For Mueller. I know this is BS already because.

1) Mueller is NOT the Jury nor the court. So he could not testify that Trump was guilty of all ten.
2) Mueller job was not to establish guilt but establish a crime so that the prosecutors could build the case.
3) I am going to go and watch for the so called testified Trump was guilty of all ten... I dont recall this...
4) If he was accused of crimes then why in a memorialized official report as I highlighted in my prior post. Conclusion that;
"we are unable to reach that judgment. Accordingly, while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him"

That is from the official investigation document.

You cannot add something that is not true.

We’ll see it.

And there is little doubt that it will make clear that Barr saw his first obligation to be the President’s defender, not the Constitution or the republic’s defender.

That is what Trump wanted. He said so many times.
Exactly! He said, I think verbatim: "Sessions should be protecting me." Trump always thought he was a king. Some of his thugs, like Barr supported his thuggery.

If Comey...as FBI Director...can arbitrarily decide that Hillary shouldn't be indicted, then Barr...as the actual AG...certainly can do the same for Trump.

This is not how it works.

Back
Top Bottom