• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A federal judge ordered the DOJ to release a memo that Bill Barr used to clear Trump of obstruction of justice, saying 'it is time for the public to s

ouch

Air Muscle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Yes, it is time for the public to see it.

1620156646966.png

In Tuesday's ruling, US District Judge Amy Berman Jackson said the unreleased OLC memo that Barr used to clear Trump of obstruction contradicted his claim that the decision to charge the president was under his purview because the special counsel Robert Mueller "did not resolve the question of whether the evidence would support a prosecution."

"The letter asserted that the Special Counsel 'did not draw a conclusion - one way or the other - as to whether the examined conduct constituted obstruction,' and it went on to announce the Attorney General's own opinion that 'the evidence developed during the Special Counsel's investigation is not sufficient to establish that the President committed an obstruction-of-justice offense,'" Jackson wrote.

However, the OLC's memo "calls into question the accuracy of Attorney General Barr's March 24 representation to Congress" and "raises serious questions about how the Department of Justice could make this series of representations to a court," the ruling said.

View attachment 67331822

In Tuesday's ruling, US District Judge Amy Berman Jackson said the unreleased OLC memo that Barr used to clear Trump of obstruction contradicted his claim that the decision to charge the president was under his purview because the special counsel Robert Mueller "did not resolve the question of whether the evidence would support a prosecution."

"The letter asserted that the Special Counsel 'did not draw a conclusion - one way or the other - as to whether the examined conduct constituted obstruction,' and it went on to announce the Attorney General's own opinion that 'the evidence developed during the Special Counsel's investigation is not sufficient to establish that the President committed an obstruction-of-justice offense,'" Jackson wrote.

However, the OLC's memo "calls into question the accuracy of Attorney General Barr's March 24 representation to Congress" and "raises serious questions about how the Department of Justice could make this series of representations to a court," the ruling said.
shrug...

If Comey...as FBI Director...can arbitrarily decide that Hillary shouldn't be indicted, then Barr...as the actual AG...certainly can do the same for Trump.

Nobody gives a shit what the OLC thinks.

shrug...

If Comey...as FBI Director...can arbitrarily decide that Hillary shouldn't be indicted, then Barr...as the actual AG...certainly can do the same for Trump.

NOBODY? You mean YOU don't. Others might. So maybe leave it to others to decide if this important to them. The correct phraseology you should use is: "I don't give a shit what OLC thinks."
:rolleyes:

shrug...

lol.

FBI directors do not convene grand juries. AGs and other prosecutors do. It was Sessions who utterly failed to indict Hillary. Comey's recommendation does not bind the AG...it's advisory.

So even your fake whattaboutism is stupid. ("Fake", because his real reason for not caring is because Trump, that's why)

NOBODY? You mean YOU don't. Others might. So maybe leave it to others to decide if this important to them. The correct phraseology you should use is: "I don't give a shit what OLC thinks."
:rolleyes:
Be honest. The only reason anyone is paying attention to this is because it's a hit on Trump.

lol.

FBI directors do not convene grand juries. AGs and other prosecutors do. It was Sessions who utterly failed to indict Hillary. Comey's recommendation does not bind the AG...it's advisory.

So even your fake whattaboutism is stupid. ("Fake", because his real reason for not caring is because Trump, that's why)
You act like you've never heard of politics.

You are dismissed.

You act like you've never heard of politics.

You are dismissed.

A cowardly evasion. I expected nothing less.

Nothing changes the fact that Comey doesn't get to decide whether Sessions could indict Hillary. Your stupid bullshit is what was dismissed. Couldn't even get your hackish defense straight.

:ROFLMAO:

Be honest. The only reason anyone is paying attention to this is because it's a hit on Trump.
Actually I couldn't care less, but I won't be a hypocrite and say because I couldn't care less that this is something "NOBODY" cares about.
Some care, some don't, but you said specifically NOBODY cares, so I just wanted to correct your presentation for you.

Your Welcome.

Nothing changes the fact that Comey doesn't get to decide whether Sessions could indict Hillary. Your stupid bullshit is what was dismissed. Couldn't even get your hackish defense straight.

OH WOW, you were "dismissed", you should feel SO honored.
(y)

View attachment 67331822

When did two wrongs ever make a right
I am not saying either one was wrong but if there was a wrong done and the St, of Lim. isn't up yet they should go ahead and prosecute it.
Have a nice afternoon

Two reasons:
Anytime that we the people get to view actual truth, it's damn worth it!

I don't really see it as a hit job but if it's going to be tagged as such, this is to learn what Barr's decisive role was in this.

Two reasons:
Anytime that we the people get to view actual truth, it's damn worth it!

I don't really see it as a hit job but if it's going to be tagged as such, this is to learn what Barr's decisive role was in this.
Did you demand the truth from the Comey and the FBI? If not, then you are just trying to bullshit me.

Did you demand the truth from the Comey and the FBI? If not, then you are just trying to bullshit me.
Yeppers, I did but not here because that issue was long over with by the time I registered at DP. This is a new revelation to be seen by the public about Barr. You should welcome that.

I'll be honest, I hope the hits keep coming. His legal problems have legal problems.
The nonsense in the media is irrelevant to any legal problems.

lol.

Sessions? I didnt know Session's was the Attorney General During the HRC email debacle. I thought it was Lynch, who declined to prosecute HRC. This if course was after having an odd meeting on the Tarmac with the "TARGETS" husband.... but hey.... That was normal and legit right?

Sessions? I didnt know Session's was the Attorney General During the HRC email debacle. I thought it was Lynch, who declined to prosecute HRC. This if course was after having an odd meeting on the Tarmac with the "TARGETS" husband.... but hey.... That was normal and legit right?

Crimes are subject to what are called statutes of limitation. These state how much time the government has to start proceedings against a defendant. SOL for most federal crimes is 5 years, but there can be longer ones.

The bottom line is that Sessions could have legit convened a grand jury the moment he took on his role.

They were calling for HRC to be "locked up." Any number of the potential bases for this were still within the statutes of limitation when Trump took office and slotted Sessions in there. If there was something there, Sessions could have gotten an indictment.

Kind of odd, dont you think? That the people he dismisses never stay dismissed?

What's that expression of Einstein's regarding doing the same thing again and again and expecting different results?

Well anyway, such ineffective usage seems....flaccid and useless.

Back
Top Bottom