• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Christian group opposes legislation that would teach grade school children how to protect themselves from sexual abuse.

"Because there is no much sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman should have her own husband."

It cannot be more clear than that. If you are not married, don't have sex. period. If you are married, don't have sex with anyone else.

Nature has other plans.

That does not address the issue. It's like telling kids simply to not have sex. So of course kids are going to want to do it.

It does not make them want to have sex any more than they already wanted to have sex.

The verse means having sex is only evil if you are not married to your sex partner.

Rape, incest, adultery, and prostitution are totally unnatural. Sex is natural when the partners are married to each other.

Mmmm...sexual violence is unfortunately pretty common in nature, Patriotic Voter. It is extremely abhorrent and anti-social behavior, but it isn't as though it is "unnatural" intrusion upon the human condition. No more so than violence in general is.

Mmmm...sexual violence is unfortunately pretty common in nature, Patriotic Voter. It is extremely abhorrent and anti-social behavior, but it isn't as though it is "unnatural" intrusion upon the human condition. No more so than violence in general is.

Thank you for confirming what I said.

If you are going to use the commonality of a crime as proof that behavior is natural, we might as well call every crime on the books as natural behavior. See the problem with that?

So the schools are going to protect the kids from their own parents. Got it.

Now why do parents want kids in the first place if they intend to abuse them?
Wha?…..

"Because there is no much sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman should have her own husband."

It cannot be more clear than that. If you are not married, don't have sex. period. If you are married, don't have sex with anyone else.
Again…. You have no idea the implications of such statement.

Rape, incest, adultery, and prostitution are totally unnatural. Sex is natural when the partners are married to each other.
Nope. Sex is natural period. Marriage isn't some magic that makes sex acceptable. Marriage itself is not natural. It's a social construct.

Nope. Sex is natural period. Marriage isn't some magic that makes sex acceptable. Marriage itself is not natural. It's a social construct.

God created marriage.

Absolutely! That is precisely why Noah only allowed two animals of each species on the ark. I'm sure Noah married all the animals to their appropriate counterparts so that there would not be any unnatural fornicating. 😁

That brings me to a topic that got me in trouble when I was a kid. I asked my parents what color Noah was. My parents immediately determined the question to be irrelevant.

At that age I had a basic understanding of sex. I had recently received questioned and concerned looks from my parents when I asked if God had a penis and balls. No matter, I was a curious and an apparently impertinent kid.

In so many words, I was told not to ask questions about God's junk.

So, I continued, if Mr. and Mrs. Noah's ethnic origin didn't matter, were they white? One of my younger brothers in the back seat with me whispered for me to shut up.

If Noah and Mrs. Noah, were white and their 3 sons were white and the son's wives were white and God had told them have abundant wild baby-making sex, where did
black people come from?

That's when my father shouted who wants to stop for ice cream?

At that point, in my early years, I had already begun to suspect that what I read in the Bible and what I had been taught wasn't necessarily true.

My parents, my teachers, the church had obviously lied to me about things in life. When they told me sex was bad I thought, hell, they lied to me about other things, why are all these people telling me sex was bad. I couldn't wait to be a teenager in a back seat.

Sex is fun. God made it fun. Most of y'all know it is fun whether you are married or not. Sex after becoming divorced was earthshaking.

Celibacy is unnatural.

Absolutely! That is precisely why Noah only allowed two animals of each species on the ark. I'm sure Noah married all the animals to their appropriate counterparts so that there would not be any unnatural fornicating.

Correction: God only allowed Noah to put one male and one female of each animal species on the ark. So that is what Noah did.

Civil marriage existed long before the Christian church. Obviously you do not need to be in any way religious to get married.

Of course not, but you do need to abstain from sex before getting married - no excuses, no exceptions.

The simple truth of the matter is that many children don't know enough to know what they are hearing.

Another facet of this is that the teachers doing the teachers may have some odd ideas of their own that might corrupt the curriculum.

Introducing odd ideas into the minds of kids that don't have sufficient context to understand the intention(s) is not a good idea.
There are ways to discuss it without getting into nasty details. For example, you can tell them that it's inappropriate for adults to touch them in places that are covered by their bathing suit.

Well, adultery and prosecution are practiced by non-humans.

Monkey's , chimps and penguins practive prostitution. And as for adultry, they figure out about 50% of a birds eggs are fertilized by someone other than the birth they allegedly paired with.

These people are sick if they seek to block a law that protects children from sexual abusers.... This is not about teaching sex education but about protecting vulnerable children from predators.
I would opt out my kids out from that conversation too, especially if they are under age 7 or 8. I really don't want some libtard teacher using the pretext to talk about predators and describing sexual abuse, to talk about sexuality most likely. This conversation is one that PARENTS are able to have with their children, without some teacher scaring the hell out of them. That conversation we all have with our kids about not talking to strangers, "stranger danger", about not allowing ANYONE to touch them. And to tell an adult if someone does.

Beyond that, parents watch over you own kids. You take them to school and you pick them up when they are young. You know where they are at all times, and YOU the parent should not automatically trust any adult with your kids. Not teachers, not coaches, not scout leaders, not priests/pastors, not anyone. Because when a PARENT is closely supervising their kids, the pedophiles will be aware of that. Most serial pedophiles don't just randomly pick any kids. Most target the kids who have parents who are not keeping tabs.

Only liberals believe that EVERYTHING must be handled by schools or the government. Most of us were able to handle all these matters, including conversations about sex with our children on our own, when it was age appropriate.

One thing my wife and I tried to do was to allow our kids to be kids, and not burdened with all the crap of the world...for at least a few years, which is so hard to do these days.

So the schools are going to protect the kids from their own parents. Got it.

Now why do parents want kids in the first place if they intend to abuse them?
Why do you assume they have to intend to abuse them? But also, why do you assume parents having children are automatically virtuous in their reasoning to do so? That is some really wild assumptions.

There unfortunately are parents who would abuse their children, including sexually.

Or friends of their children:

Marriage is not natural so it makes no sense to imply sex is only natural when the partners are married. And none of those things you mentioned are unnatural either. They can be morally wrong without being unnatural.

This discussion always makes me think of the Law & Order: SVU episode "Competence". That episode provides a some very good reasons why it is important to have this type of education, lessons in classrooms and not let it be up to the parents whether they learn about sex at all, especially when it is to protect someone who may not even know what sex is.

1 Corinthians 9
Circular reasoning.
Of course not, but you do need to abstain from sex before getting married - no excuses, no exceptions.
Why? What difference does it make if a couple has relations before or after they're married? After all, it's better to test drive before you buy.
Correction: God only allowed Noah to put one male and one female of each animal species on the ark. So that is what Noah did.
So god caused the slaughter of countless animals for...reasons.

Back
Top Bottom