• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Christian group opposes legislation that would teach grade school children how to protect themselves from sexual abuse.

Yes, many parents abuse their children. I was physically and emotionally abused by my very religious mother for a decade or more. I now have a severe form of PTSD because of it. It is not uncommon.

Abuse by religious leaders is also quite common.

This is just the Roman Catholic church,

That's all well and good.

It does not speak to the ability of children to be able to contextualize the advice from those who may wish to help them.

You might as well offer the advice in a language they cannot understand.

That's all well and good.

It does not speak to the ability of children to be able to contextualize the advice from those who may wish to help them.

You might as well offer the advice in a language they cannot understand.
You are making this much more difficult than it is. The children only have to understand where people are not to touch them and learn how to say no. They don't need to be taught the psychological concepts of why. That comes later.

You are making this much more difficult than it is. The children only have to understand where people are not to touch them and learn how to say no. They don't need to be taught the psychological concepts of why. That comes later.

Of course, you are wrong.

There are many caring and concerned people who will necessarily need to touch children with the greatest care and good intentions that could be misinterpreted by a child trained only to accuse.

The solution is protection.

Back
Top Bottom