• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

90 Minutes of "Insurrection"

I know! Such a hateful bunch of losers. Perhaps now that he's no longer President, their hate for him will dissipate. But I'm not holding out hope
Trump and his cult have made all of is unsafer and embarrassed.

No, he is charged with inciting insurrection which includes the inciting the riot at the US Capitol and the interference heard on the call with Raffensperger. I don't think there's anything dubious about the call with Raffensperger which is the most damning out of the two. The incendiary rhetoric is more of a gray area because it's subject to interpretation and leaves more room to challenge the actual meaning and intent.
Nope. Go back and read it again. "Incitement of Insurrection" is simply the title of Article. It's like the silly and misleading names they give to bills - like "COVID Relief Bill" when 99.9% of the spending has nothing to do with COVID relief.

Again, the only high Crime or Misdemeanor that the Dems have charged he President with is "inciting violence against the Government of the United States"

Donald John Trump engaged in high Crimes and Misdemeanors by inciting violence against the Government of the United States
The phone call with douchenozzle Raffensberger did not incite violence.

Last edited:
Trump and his cult have made all of is unsafer and embarrassed.
But your cult will make us safer,huh? What is Simp Joey's plan for the 10,000 Hondurans heading our way?

Nope. Go back and read it again. "Incitement of Insurrection" is simply the title of Article. It's like the silly and misleading names they give to bills - like "COVID Relief Bill" when 99.9% of the spending has nothing to do with COVID relief.

Again, the only high Crime or Misdemeanor that the Dems have charged he President with is "inciting violence against the Government of the United States"

The phone call with douchenozzle Raffensberger did not incite violence.

Incorrect. The charge is incitement of insurrection, with the specific violations listed in that article of impeachment.

But your cult will make us safer,huh? What is Simp Joey's plan for the 10,000 Hondurans heading our way?
You mean the same shit that happens every year? Joke

Well he probably won't take their children and throw throw them in cages.

You really think the Senate is going to convict him?
No, highly improbable to the point of wishful thinking. Nor do I consider acquittal a foregone conclusion. On principle and cause, the Senate should convict!
In September, I did not think the DEMs stood much of a chance of flipping the Senate. Low and behold, in a few days, Shumer becomes Majority Leader!

In my mind, Gop Senators who might vote to convict: Mitch McConnell, Mitt Romney, Pat Toomey, Lisa Murkowski, Susan Collins, Marco Rubio and Ben Sasse. If every DEM Senator, the two Independents who caucus with the DEMs and the seven GOP senators listed above voted to convict, Chump would still evade conviction by up to a ten vote cushion.

No, highly improbable to the point of wishful thinking. Nor do I consider acquittal a foregone conclusion. On principle and cause, the Senate should convict!
In September, I did not think the DEMs stood much of a chance of flipping the Senate. Low and behold, in a few days, Shumer becomes Majority Leader!

In my mind, Gop Senators who might vote to convict: Mitch McConnell, Mitt Romney, Pat Toomey, Lisa Murkowski, Susan Collins, Marco Rubio and Ben Sasse. If every DEM Senator, the two Independents who caucus with the DEMs and the seven GOP senators listed above voted to convict, Chump would still evade conviction by up to a ten vote cushion.
Nope. They'll vote to dismiss. This is shameful bullshit and they won't give it any respect.

Nope. They'll vote to dismiss. This is shameful bullshit and they won't give it any respect.
Does dismissal to you mean the Senate fails to convict? I don't expect a conviction. I absolutely expect a majority of Senators vote to convict. In fact, I'd bet on it! Would you?

Does dismissal to you mean the Senate fails to convict?
Dismissal as in no jurisdiction. no evidence ...

I don't expect a conviction. I absolutely expect a majority of Senators vote to convict. In fact, I'd bet on it! Would you?
If they get that far, I'm sure assholes like Romeny, Collins, Murkowski would vote to convict. The've been neverTrumpers from the start.

LOL "my behavior?" You start off by hurling ad hominum at me then start whining about "my behavior" when I point out your childishness? Fine, put me on iggie or grow up and debate liker a civil. rational poster.

Jurisdiction will be argued and it's got better than a 50/50 chance of resulting in a dismissal of the case. The only "precedent" you'll find is people that have resigned to avoid punishment. That's not the case here. The President's terms is over in two days, before a trial could start. He'll be a private citizen. Would the Senate have jurisdiction if a Dem House impeached President Washington for owning slaves? How about a Repub House that impeached Obama for spying on Trump? The Senate have jurisdiction?
Sorry but the jurisdiction argument is dead on arrival. If the only punishment available for impeachment was removal from office, a post term impeachment trial could be argued as moot. But of course there is the separate issue of disqualification from further office (needing only simple majority vote if convicted). He is being charged with things he did while in office. The fact he is soon to become a private citizen again does not change that.

Sorry but the jurisdiction argument is dead on arrival.

Some very learned Constitutional scholars disagree with you.

If the only punishment available for impeachment was removal from office, a post term impeachment trial could be argued as moot. But of course there is the separate issue of disqualification from further office (needing only simple majority vote if convicted). He is being charged with things he did while in office. The fact he is soon to become a private citizen again does not change that.
So in your theory, the Republicans can impeach and try Obama? Can the Democrats impeach George Washington - for having slaves for example?

Dismissal as in no jurisdiction. no evidence ...

If they get that far, I'm sure assholes like Romeny, Collins, Murkowski would vote to convict. The've been neverTrumpers from the start.
Might want to add this guy to you list since he just said this on the floor of the Senate today...

"The mob was fed lies. They were provoked by the president and *other* powerful people." - Mitch McConnell

Might want to add this guy to you list since he just said this on the floor of the Senate today...

"The mob was fed lies. They were provoked by the president and *other* powerful people." - Mitch McConnell
I would not put it past him. Grave mistake if he does, though.

Why? The cult going to come for him?
No idea what you mean by "the cult." The GOP cannot survive at this point without the Trump supporters. McConnell and other GOP leaders alienate us at their own peril.

No idea what you mean by "the cult." The GOP cannot survive at this point without the Trump supporters. McConnell and other GOP leaders alienate us at their own peril.

Then I guess they're ****ed.

GOP fall apart? That'd be a shame.

It will be interesting to see how both parties survive. This new "caravan: of 10,000 will be a god test for Biden and the Dems. He let's them in the door, he's going to alienate 70% of the public. He stops them at the border, the radical left in your party is going to go apeshit on him.

It will be interesting to see how both parties survive. This new "caravan: of 10,000 will be a god test for Biden and the Dems. He let's them in the door, he's going to alienate 70% of the public. He stops them at the border, the radical left in your party is going to go apeshit on him.
Whining about carvans again. Fox News doing reruns of their panic coverage. Most will fall off in Mexico but keep your perpetual panic button close.

LOL Just read your link.

Independent-minded voters across the country are jumping ship from the GOP since a pro-Trump mob stormed the U.S. Capitol last week during the Electoral College tally. From Pennsylvania to California, hundreds of Republican voters have switched their party affiliation since the Jan. 6 deadly riot, election officials report.

75 million of us voted for the PResident. And the loon Boston Herald is trying to convince you that "hundreds" switching from REpub to Independent across the country is significant. LOL

Whining about carvans again. Fox News doing reruns of their panic coverage. Most will fall off in Mexico but keep your perpetual panic button close.
"Whining?" "FoxNews?" We're done if you can't have a civil adult conversation. Your choice.

Back
Top Bottom