• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

90 Minutes of "Insurrection"

"Whining?" "FoxNews?" We're done if you can't have a civil adult conversation. Your choice.
Rawley preaching about civility?

giphy.gif

When you have spent decades trying to infiltrate the highest levels of US Government, and some shirtless guy in face paint and a a horned hat strolls into the Capitol building.....

putin.jpg

There is a 90 minute video posted below that follows one guy's documentation of the storming of the Capitol. It starts before the breach, shows the beginning of the breach (at one location), shows what happened after the breach and as protesters were inside the Capitol. The video isn't particularly narrated and, personally, I have a hard time figuring out if the guy running the camera is pro-Trump or pro-riot. He certainly seems to be drawn to "spicy" activities, to use his term.

The video does show the Ashli Babbit shooting and one of the more common clips going around of the shooting is excerpted from this video. Just so anyone that chooses to watch this thing knows, that incident is in here. The language is often rather vulgar as well so, all things considered, this probably isn't something you want to watch while at work.

I also want to comment a little about this. Like I wrote in another thread, I view this "insurgency" as kind of a college kegger that got way out of hand. This video doesn't change that opinion one bit. For the first 20 minutes or so the cameraman is making his way to the Capitol building and protesters are just wandering the streets. As he approaches the Capitol the crowd becomes a LOT more boisterous but even at that there is a large percentage of the crowd that's peaceful. Even after the pushing starts there are still a whole lot of people trying to calm the crowd and push back. Unfortunately, those that were bent on getting into the building made it next to impossible for those around them to escape or avoid moving with the wave.

If you watch the video you'll see cops generally trying their best to maintain control and you'll see protesters that generally just get caught up in what's happening behind them. You will see agitators, to be sure. You'll hear calls for violence and you'll hear calls for calm. What you won't hear or see is any kind of coordinated effort to kidnap congressmen or to take over the government. You'll see chaos. It's all kind of like the dog that finally catches the car and has no idea what to do next.

To be fair, the whole thing kind of breaks my heart. The attack accomplished absolutely nothing. Yeah, it was a political statement but it wasn't an organized, coherent statement in any way, shape or form. Even after the people got inside the building the sense is more "We did it! What now?" than anything else. The guy with the camera seems to be as much interested in getting something "historical" on film than on actually accomplishing anything beneficial and I can't help but think that most of the other "insurgents" were feeling the same way.

If the video shows anything meaningful it's just a view of what America looks like when our primary concern is "Likes", "retweets" and "viewer count". There is nothing "majestic" in what was done and all the messages on both sides simply drown each other out. For those on the left, this wasn't the "Trump fueled insurrection" you want the nation to believe it was. For those on the right, it wasn't "Standing up for the principles of liberty".

It was a mess and that's all that it was. High ideals require strong foundations to support them and there is no foundation in anarchy.

1611181173427.png

Link? First I have heard about any BLM or Antifa persons arrested.

You should widen your reading sources. It was not hard to find. It even included his name and mugshot.

Here is the website this nut runs

Here is the website this nut runs

Not interested. You asked for a link, and I gave you one from a 24 hour cable news channel. Responding with a so-called insurgency web site does not refute what you asked me for proof of.

The guy you're talking about is the one who recorded the video in the OP.

And he was also heard in the Capitol building yelling: "We have to burn this shit down.".

One person does not make a movement it that info is even accurate.

It is accurate and he was not likely the only one. He was clearly there to incite violence.

Not interested. You asked for a link, and I gave you one from a 24 hour cable news channel. Responding with a so-called insurgency web site does not refute what you asked me for proof of.
FoxNews is never wrong, right? This idiotic criminal videoed his entire time on Jan 6, he s a nut and if you read his website it states he is against Antifa, BLM, Proud boys etc. So you are wrong.

FoxNews is never wrong, right? This idiotic criminal videoed his entire time on Jan 6, he s a nut and if you read his website it states he is against Antifa, BLM, Proud boys etc. So you are wrong.

What a desperate response! These days, I do not even view the 24 hour cable news channels. however your rejection of the story because I provided a Fox News link is hilarious. How do you feel about CNN? BLM has not denied the story, nor have the democrats.

What a desperate response! These days, I do not even view the 24 hour cable news channels. however your rejection of the story because I provided a Fox News link is hilarious. How do you feel about CNN? BLM has not denied the story, nor have the democrats.
CNN sucks as bad as Fox News. I read the actual affidavit for his arrest and it is very telling, the kid is an idiot who has used the chaos in an attempt to become more self important. Sullivan wasn’t a leader on Jan 6, although watching and reading the other idiots who attacked the Capitol it would not be very hard to believe they would follow anyone without thought.

CNN sucks as bad as Fox News. I read the actual affidavit for his arrest and it is very telling, the kid is an idiot who has used the chaos in an attempt to become more self important. Sullivan wasn’t a leader on Jan 6, although watching and reading the other idiots who attacked the Capitol it would not be very hard to believe they would follow anyone without thought.

Much like so many of you followed the Russian Collusion hoax without any real thought. All of the idiots that attacked the Capitol were extremist thugs, whether they were on the right or left. I just with that those on the left showing outrage of the attack on the Capitol were similarly outraged over the BLM and ANTIFA attacks in the inner cities that have occurred over the last four years. They have been rioting, burning cities, and it one case even took over a city for weeks. ANTIFA is still at it, even since Dopey Joe has taken office.

Much like so many of you followed the Russian Collusion hoax without any real thought. All of the idiots that attacked the Capitol were extremist thugs, whether they were on the right or left. I just with that those on the left showing outrage of the attack on the Capitol were similarly outraged over the BLM and ANTIFA attacks in the inner cities that have occurred over the last four years. They have been rioting, burning cities, and it one case even took over a city for weeks. ANTIFA is still at it, even since Dopey Joe has taken office.
Not sure why you feel the need to bring up the Russia investigation. I have zero issue with people protesting peacefully, but as I have stated numerous times the fronge groups on both sides are pathetic and need to go away.

Not sure why you feel the need to bring up the Russia investigation. I have zero issue with people protesting peacefully, but as I have stated numerous times the fronge groups on both sides are pathetic and need to go away.

I agree with you on your last statement the fringe groups are either side are useless morons and idiots. However I don't recall seeing many on your side calling BLM and ANTIFA out especially over the last two years as they were looting, rioting, and burning down the inner cities and inciting the murder of cops. The left's primary response was: "Defund the Police"!

What cities were burned as opposed to having fires in them.

I dont recall anything that could accurately be called "cities burning". I hear it an awful lot though.

What cities were burned as opposed to having fires in them.

I dont recall anything that could accurately be called "cities burning". I hear it an awful lot though.
In Minneapolis and St Paul there were more than 1500 businesses vandalized. Roughly 150 of them were burned and many of those were completely destroyed. Across the nation rioters burned police cars, looted retail stores, vandalized all kinds of property and basically wrecked stuff. There were fires in Kenosha, Atlanta, Portland, Washington DC, Denver, Louisville, San Francisco and other cities.

In Minneapolis and St Paul there were more than 1500 businesses vandalized. Roughly 150 of them were burned and many of those were completely destroyed. Across the nation rioters burned police cars, looted retail stores, vandalized all kinds of property and basically wrecked stuff. There were fires in Kenosha, Atlanta, Portland, Washington DC, Denver, Louisville, San Francisco and other cities.

Which you dishonestly pretended that 'the left' defended, when all those Hated Libruls did was point out that not every last protester was responsible (as you lot pretended).

Nevermind that that is nothing in overall severity compared to the storming of the capitol with the intent to murder various politicians and install Trump as president despite his election loss.

But why do I bother? You'd have been furiously scribbling out op-eds to both-sides the civil war if you were alive then . . . .

Back
Top Bottom