• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

63 House Republicans vote against resolution affirming support for NATO..

1. House Resolutions are generally useless and a waste of time.
2. NATO was formed as a defensive alliance, not as a vehicle for members to meddle in the internal politics of other members.
3. The US, while arguably getting the least security benefit from being part of NATO, bears a dramatically oversized burden from it, and so perhaps if the House is going to issue a resolution related to NATO, it at least ought to include something about encouraging the other members to pull their own weight.
4. The resolution, as written, is comically vague.

Is that enough?

Your reasons are garbage.

You have not read the resolution. All you are doing is repeating far right talking points.

I have read it. I even posted a link to it but I know from your post above you have not read it.

The resolution wasn't about funding.

It is not vague.

Your reply shows you didn't read the resolution.

Yes I did. Did you?

What do you find objectionable?

All it says is that we reaffirm the organization and create a department within nato to strengthen it and affirm democracy.

Here is the resolution:

Why do you find promoting democracy so objectionable?

Whoa, strawman out of the gate. And yeah, I bet you really read it before I challenged you to.

Your reasons are garbage.

You have not read the resolution. All you are doing is repeating far right talking points.

I have read it. I even posted a link to it but I know from your post above you have not read it.

The resolution wasn't about funding.

It is not vague.

Your reply shows you didn't read the resolution.

Lol. Your reply shows you didn't take two seconds to try to understand my point. Good show.

Whoa, strawman out of the gate. And yeah, I bet you really read it before I challenged you to.

So you didn't read it.

Your posts show that you didn't yet you made all those incorrect statements about it without even knowing what is in it.

Typical.

Lol. Your reply shows you didn't take two seconds to try to understand my point. Good show.

Then explain it to me.

Your reasons have absolutely nothing to do with the resolution.

They are all generic far right talking points.

Then explain it to me.

Your reasons have absolutely nothing to do with the resolution.

They are all generic far right talking points.

Dismissing a point as a "far right talking point" is a low wattage left wing talking point, and a blatant ad hominem argument.

How are any of the points I listed not related to the resolution? What's "far right" about them? How does the fact that they are "far right" (according to you) necessarily make them irrational?

I support an affirmation for Ukraine. Who do you support?
I support steel cut oatmeal. What does that have to do with your OP? "63 House Republicans vote against resolution affirming support for NATO" "What the hell?"

Yes I did. Did you?

What do you find objectionable?

All it says is that we reaffirm the organization and create a department within nato to strengthen it and affirm democracy.

Here is the resolution:

Why do you find promoting democracy so objectionable?

@Subieguy had no clue. Perhaps you do? What are the "new Strategic Concept for NATO" and the "Center for Democratic Resilience" They are 2/3rds of this resolution.

The OP is another example of hypocritical Leftists smear tactics. Remember when the Bad Orange man suggested the US might reevaluate its NATO policy because so-called allies weren't fulfilling their military spending obligations? The same Democrats pushing the meaningless NATO resolution today exploded with hysterical criticism of Trump as a Russian agent.

Fast forward a year when the NATO Secretary General visited the WH carrying a message of thanks to President Trump for the nearly $200 billion in increased military spending by allies and his commitment to NATO.

But now Democrats screech it's Trump who is to blame for any votes against their heartthrob resolution.

@Subieguy had no clue. Perhaps you do? What are the "new Strategic Concept for NATO" and the "Center for Democratic Resilience" They are 2/3rds of this resolution.
still don't want to talk about who you support eh? Telling.

The OP is another example of hypocritical Leftists smear tactics. Remember when the Bad Orange man suggested the US might reevaluate its NATO policy because so-called allies weren't fulfilling their military spending obligations? The same Democrats pushing the meaningless NATO resolution today exploded with hysterical criticism of Trump as a Russian agent.

Fast forward a year when the NATO Secretary General visited the WH carrying a message of thanks to President Trump for the nearly $200 billion in increased military spending by allies and his commitment to NATO.

But now Democrats screech it's Trump who is to blame for any votes against their heartthrob resolution.
sounds like a Putin supporter. or TC supporter or both.

I support steel cut oatmeal. What does that have to do with your OP? "63 House Republicans vote against resolution affirming support for NATO" "What the hell?"
won't answer the question. You are dismissed.

won't answer the question. You are dismissed.
Perhaps you should start another thread regarding support for Ukraine. The one you started here was the House vote on NATO. You seem confused.

Perhaps you should start another thread regarding support for Ukraine. The one you started here was the House vote on NATO. You seem confused.
don't answer questions so deflect. This resolution is all about support for Ukraine. What part do you not understand?

don't answer questions so deflect. This resolution is all about support for Ukraine. What part do you not understand?
Actually, it's all about NATO. Perhaps you should have read the Resolution before you started this thread. Massive Fail.

Have a nice day.

Your very good about talking about things that aren't being talked about..and/or deflecting I get it....I will have a nice day. Thanks you too.

Back
Top Bottom