• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

63 House Republicans vote against resolution affirming support for NATO..

Thats pleanty! 🤡

You support a party of deplorables is the bottom line.

Dishonest, low-wattage response. In other words, par for the course.

Sorry. Then you are neither for or against the Resolution, but you did post
"Whether or not you agree with it, any sensible person can see that there are plenty of rational reasons not to vote for this resolution. You're just too brainwashed to understand them." in post 9.

"Rational" does not mean they are my person opinion. There can be perfectly rational positions on issues that are diametrically opposed.

Sorry if that point of view is too complex for you or the average DP poster to digest.

"Rational" does not mean they are my person opinion. There can be perfectly rational positions on issues that are diametrically opposed.

Sorry if that point of view is too complex for you or the average DP poster to digest.

Nice try in a slight insult. Keep walking the fence.
It is a known dodge tactic when one does not want to answer questions, take a position or has been proven wrong.

Wow. What the hell......

Many not surprisingly are Trump supporters.

Nearly one-third of the House Republican Caucus on Tuesday night voted against a resolution that vowed support for both democratic values and the North Atlantic Treaty Organization — the alliance of countries that seeks to keep peace and prevent threats from illiberal countries.

The resolution passed by a vote of 362 - 63, with all 63 "no" votes coming from Republican members — many of whom are allies of former President Donald Trump.

The resolution states that the House is voicing its "unequivocal support for the North Atlantic Treaty Organization," and tells President Biden to declare his "support for shared democratic values" and his commitment "to enhancing NATO's capacity to strengthen democratic institutions within NATO member, partner, and aspirant countries."

The 63 Republicans who voted against reaffirming support for NATO included Reps. Lauren Boebert (R-CO), Madison Cawthorn (R-NC), Matt Gaetz (R-FL), Paul Gosar (R-AZ), Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA), Jim Jordan (R-OH), Thomas Massie (R-KY), and Chip Roy (R-TX).

"NATO is a relic of the Cold War. Why should Americans pay for Europe's defense?" Massie tweeted in defense of his "no" vote Tuesday.

Even some House Republicans expressed confusion about why their colleagues voted against the resolution. Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-IL) chastised his fellow Republicans for "showing Putin sympathy."

"I don't even have a clue why ... I mean every no vote should be asked repeatedly by their local papers why," Kinzinger tweeted on Tuesday night.

"I hope my party can finally remember where our foundations are and actually say that we're not going to be Putin-sympathetic anymore," he added in a video posted to Twitter, adding that his hope was likely "wishful thinking."

I doubt you even understand anything about NATO actual functions or what "giving support" or not would actually amount to.

Rather, I just sense a bunch of jingoistic, inbred, hillbilly whining about Russia as seems to be what these threads always devolve into. Along with the perpetuation of the conspiracy theory about Trump's collusion with Russia and all that.

Thats pleanty! 🤡

You support a party of deplorables is the bottom line.
You're deplorable, and naturally the only party which will accept your support are naturally composed of society's deplorables. But please, don't let that keep you from continuing to put your inbred and neanderthalic blather on display for others' bemusement.

It is a known dodge tactic when one does not want to answer questions, take a position or has been proven wrong.

What am I dodging, exactly? The whole purpose of my comments here was to point out that this entire thread is based on comically binary thinking and a rush by people who didn't even bother to read the resolution or understand the potential objections to it, to condemn others for voting against it.

If you find that insulting, that's an issue for you to resolve.

And I don't need to have an opinion on the resolution itself make that point. To intelligently form my own opinion on the resolution would require far more investment of time than I care to make.

It is Trump and Putin's party.

I doubt you even understand anything about NATO actual functions or what "giving support" or not would actually amount to.

Rather, I just sense a bunch of jingoistic, inbred, hillbilly whining about Russia as seems to be what these threads always devolve into. Along with the perpetuation of the conspiracy theory about Trump's collusion with Russia and all that.
sounds very much like a TC response.

TC is VERY good at that.

Wow. What the hell......

Many not surprisingly are Trump supporters.

Nearly one-third of the House Republican Caucus on Tuesday night voted against a resolution that vowed support for both democratic values and the North Atlantic Treaty Organization — the alliance of countries that seeks to keep peace and prevent threats from illiberal countries.

The resolution passed by a vote of 362 - 63, with all 63 "no" votes coming from Republican members — many of whom are allies of former President Donald Trump.

The resolution states that the House is voicing its "unequivocal support for the North Atlantic Treaty Organization," and tells President Biden to declare his "support for shared democratic values" and his commitment "to enhancing NATO's capacity to strengthen democratic institutions within NATO member, partner, and aspirant countries."

The 63 Republicans who voted against reaffirming support for NATO included Reps. Lauren Boebert (R-CO), Madison Cawthorn (R-NC), Matt Gaetz (R-FL), Paul Gosar (R-AZ), Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA), Jim Jordan (R-OH), Thomas Massie (R-KY), and Chip Roy (R-TX).

"NATO is a relic of the Cold War. Why should Americans pay for Europe's defense?" Massie tweeted in defense of his "no" vote Tuesday.

Even some House Republicans expressed confusion about why their colleagues voted against the resolution. Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-IL) chastised his fellow Republicans for "showing Putin sympathy."

"I don't even have a clue why ... I mean every no vote should be asked repeatedly by their local papers why," Kinzinger tweeted on Tuesday night.

"I hope my party can finally remember where our foundations are and actually say that we're not going to be Putin-sympathetic anymore," he added in a video posted to Twitter, adding that his hope was likely "wishful thinking."

Rep. Massie was correct. NATO should have been dismantled when the Warsaw Pact ceased to exist. It isn't even NATO any longer with the inclusion of Albania, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Slovenia, and Turkey. Since 1991 NATO was warped into an aggressor against everything that was once the Warsaw Pact. It was NATO's persistence that the Ukraine become a NATO member that was the final straw provoking Russia. NATO already gobbled up all the other former Warsaw Pact members except for Bulgaria and Yugoslavia, and Clinton destroyed Yugoslavia as a result. If NATO is allowed to continue their aggression against former Warsaw Pact members, Bulgaria will be its next target. They are all that remain.

1. House Resolutions are generally useless and a waste of time.
2. NATO was formed as a defensive alliance, not as a vehicle for members to meddle in the internal politics of other members.
3. The US, while arguably getting the least security benefit from being part of NATO, bears a dramatically oversized burden from it, and so perhaps if the House is going to issue a resolution related to NATO, it at least ought to include something about encouraging the other members to pull their own weight.
4. The resolution, as written, is comically vague.

Is that enough?

Oh boy this is called the MAGA theory.

Rep. Massie was correct. NATO should have been dismantled when the Warsaw Pact ceased to exist. It isn't even NATO any longer with the inclusion of Albania, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Slovenia, and Turkey. Since 1991 NATO was warped into an aggressor against everything that was once the Warsaw Pact. It was NATO's persistence that the Ukraine become a NATO member that was the final straw provoking Russia. NATO already gobbled up all the other former Warsaw Pact members except for Bulgaria and Yugoslavia, and Clinton destroyed Yugoslavia as a result. If NATO is allowed to continue their aggression against former Warsaw Pact members, Bulgaria will be its next target. They are all that remain.
spoken from the alt reality of the TC. Wow.

Huh? You vote "yes" for things you don't understand and can't explain? That's sad
its a resolution affirming support for NATO. Pretty simple and basic. To me anyway. You guys always try to justify your position which is usually wrong by saying you do understand it or the wording isn't right and on and on and on.

Great argument. You should do it for a living.

The America First BS is what brought this on. Russia and China ran around the world picking what Trump decided didn’t matter.

In discernable English please.

Thanks

And now you let the world know that you can't understand a simple English sentence. Good stuff.

The America First BS is what brought this on. Russia and China ran around the world picking what Trump decided didn’t matter.

Ah yes, anyone who disagrees with you must be a Trumper.

Back
Top Bottom