• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

58 percent of Russians support the invasion of Ukraine, and 23 percent oppose it, new poll shows

Quote his stating the Russian people are demonic half humans.

He knows what he has stated/inferred and doesn't deny the fact. That you are jumping in and demanding clarifications doesn't change that.

Not all Germans were Nazis. Were they?

I never said they were, you must be triggered by something if you didn't see the difference

He said " Germans in WW2 " so he was obviously referring to Nazi Germany, so stop lying about what was referenced

He was referring to the German state. You were the one who fixated on Nazis in order to try to change the truth of his post.

Sigh, I guess Russia has even more Bubbas and Jim Bobs with "Support the Troops" ribbons on their pickup trucks than we do.

He was referring to the German state. You were the one who fixated on Nazis in order to try to change the truth of his post.

He was referring to the Nazi German state so stop lying

See post #52.

:ROFLMAO:

It's as dumb a post as your own was.

You were caught in a lie and can't admit it, who knew?

Your posts are pathetic

:ROFLMAO:

It's as dumb a post as your own was.

You were caught in a lie and can't admit it, who knew?

Your posts are pathetic

You were comparing propaganda while ago. Putin has made a lot of statements over the past few weeks. Please tell us which ones were NOT propaganda. Is he really de-Nazifyng Ukraine by killing civilians and destroying entire cities?

Godwins Law invocation, what a surprise.

Whatever the Russian leadership is like , it's not the Nazi state. Infact if you want to see the gross hero worship of that ideology today you would be better looking at the Ukrainain side.

Of course you won't, that goes without saying.

I think you missed the point. Germans, not just Nazi's, were probably the most hated people on earth. Their complicity in the rise and support of Hitler and his invasions earned the population the phobic contempt of humanity. So have the Russian populace in their support of Putin.

The Putin is not yet as bad as Hitler isn't particularly relevant, because he just got serious about it and is now falling on his face.

Last edited:
I think you missed the point. Germans, not just Nazi's, were probably the most hated people on earth. Their complicity in the rise and support of Hitler and his invasions earned the population the phobic contempt of humanity. So have the Russian populace in their support of Putin.

The Putin is not yet as bad as Hitler isn't particularly relevant, because he just got serious about it and is now falling on his face.

You lumped Russians of today and Nazis of yesterday together as though they were one and the same. As I said earlier, your wish to present the actions of SOME Russians as indicative of all Russians ( not for the first time) is what every hate group does.

You should just stop digging because it is only going to get worse the more you try to expalin why the demonisation of an entire people is the right thing to do

You were comparing propaganda while ago. Putin has made a lot of statements over the past few weeks. Please tell us which ones were NOT propaganda. Is he really de-Nazifyng Ukraine by killing civilians and destroying entire cities?

Changing the subject to not have to respond to the post which shows your penchant for lying is as pathetic as doubling down on the lie.

Come back when you can be more honest

Your're own population vastly supported the illegal US led war on Iraq that destroyed the entire country and left hundreds of thousands of civilians dead and millions more made refugees/internally displaced. Do you think they should be compared to the Nazis/German people of WW2 ? Of course you don't

You lumped Russians of today and Nazis of yesterday together as though they were one and the same. As I said earlier, your wish to present the actions of SOME Russians as indicative of all Russians ( not for the first time) is what every hate group does.

You should just stop digging because it is only going to get worse the more you try to expalin why the demonisation of an entire people is the right thing to do

He explained it quite clearly. If you can’t understand it, then that is on you, not him.

Your're own population vastly supported the illegal US led war on Iraq that destroyed the entire country and left hundreds of thousands of civilians dead and millions more made refugees/internally displaced. Do you think they should be compared to the Nazis/German people of WW2 ? Of course you don't

Whataboutism. *YAWN*

Changing the subject to not have to respond to the post which shows your penchant for lying is as pathetic as doubling down on the lie.

Come back when you can be more honest

Ad hom.

Sure Putin initiated this war but it's not as black and white as you want to believe it is. I feel there will be much you won't lnow because you look like all of your views are reliant on the one side

Evenly balanced in seeing what both sides. all sides , have to say
During WWII - I was nine when it ended - I did not give a flying flip on what the Nazis "had to say". I had seen the newsreels of concentration as they were liberated one by one. (In those days parents did not consider that exposure to reality would damage their offspring's 'mental health').

What a pity that you were not around to explain to me that the differences between the Allies and the Germans were "not as black and white as I wanted to believe".

During WWII - I was nine when it ended - I did not give a flying flip on what the Nazis "had to say". I had seen the newsreels of concentration as they were liberated one by one. (In those days parents did not consider that exposure to reality would damage their offspring's 'mental health').

What a pity that you were not around to explain to me that the differences between the Allies and the Germans were "not as black and white as I wanted to believe".

You are actually supporting my point even if you don't know why or how.

At the Nuremberg trials the Allies had some problems wrt war criminality. IE they had committed many atrocities themselves. So the carpet bombing of civilians was NOT deemed to be a war crime because the Allies had done more of it that the Germans had. Same with torpedoing merchant shipping etc etc

Recall too that prior to the war the western Europeans were pretty sure that Hitler had the USSR in its sights and they were just fine with that, the Nazi military machine rolling over the corpses of Russians was considered a good thing. Then he attacked westwards first.

They , I expect, never showed you newsreels of Dresden and the horrific destruction and mass casualties it suffered.

War is ugly and all sides commit crimes. This war has been in the making for decades and to discount all of that to push the blame onto one party when there are many others with a culpability attached to their actions is just stupid imho

At the Nuremberg trials the Allies had some problems wrt war criminality. IE they had committed many atrocities themselves. So the carpet bombing of civilians was NOT deemed to be a war crime because the Allies had done more of it that the Germans had. Same with torpedoing merchant shipping etc etc

Recall too that prior to the war the western Europeans were pretty sure that Hitler had the USSR in its sights and they were just fine with that, the Nazi military machine rolling over the corpses of Russians was considered a good thing. Then he attacked westwards first.

They , I expect, never showed you newsreels of Dresden and the horrific destruction and mass casualties it suffered.

War is ugly and all sides commit crimes. This war has been in the making for decades and to discount all of that to push the blame onto one party when there are many others with a culpability attached to their actions is just stupid imho

There is ONE and ONLY ONE person responsible for the killing and destruction now occurring in Ukraine. Period. End of story.

I used to believe that too. When communism collapsed and Europe was freed from the menace I looked forward to the emergence of democracy and a humane society in Russia. It seemed that it was all over, and we could tend to our own needs and take joy in victory of liberal democracy.

Here we are, 30 years later, returning to the same shit. Another form of autocracy, of totalitarian control, from the seed bed of communism. Russians have once again squandered their opportunity and returned to their old ways...this time in the form of a Mafia State, a giant organized gang stealing from the honest men and women. And here we have 43 percent of their people absolutely committed to the cause of invading their former colony, with another 13 percent mostly in agreement.

This is a human tragedy for the victims of Russian hubris and entitlement, of their attraction to fascists like Putin. And for me, I cannot give them the benefit of the doubt any longer. They are who they are, and its never going to change on its own (if at all).

The cold war has returned.
What an excellent comment! Though the new cold war is very hot in one country.

I spent 44 years fighting Cold War Mark 1 - 14 years in uniform and 30 out of it. It developed its own rules and understandings. But right to the end the Soviet leaders were convinced that the West was going to launch a surprise attack. Year after year the KGB were tasked with producing "evidence" of time and place. They soon learnt that even a hint of a suggestion that NATO was not, in fact, planning a 'first strike' war would bring a career to an end.

Ah yes, "Dresden" - the whining sniveling attempt by , too many, Germans to gain victim status. If newsreels had existed and had been shown to British audiences we would have cheered at the proof that our immensely brave bomber crews (about 55,000 were killed bombing Germany) were achieving some success.

The widely shared RAF doctrine that the war could be won, or at least considerably shortened, by bombing alone proved over optimistic but I can accept that our government thought it worth a try.

And btw your assertion that in the late 1930s "Western Europeans" were "pretty sure" that Germany would invade the Soviet Union has no basis in fact.

I used to believe that too. When communism collapsed and Europe was freed from the menace I looked forward to the emergence of democracy and a humane society in Russia. It seemed that it was all over, and we could tend to our own needs and take joy in victory of liberal democracy.

Here we are, 30 years later, returning to the same shit. Another form of autocracy, of totalitarian control, from the seed bed of communism. Russians have once again squandered their opportunity and returned to their old ways...this time in the form of a Mafia State, a giant organized gang stealing from the honest men and women. And here we have 43 percent of their people absolutely committed to the cause of invading their former colony, with another 13 percent mostly in agreement.

This is a human tragedy for the victims of Russian hubris and entitlement, of their attraction to fascists like Putin. And for me, I cannot give them the benefit of the doubt any longer. They are who they are, and its never going to change on its own (if at all).

The cold war has returned.
Well, when all you have to judge what's happening outside your country is state-run propaganda with no independent media, what do you expect? When any political dissent (and there's plenty), is met with violence, imprisonment and in some instances, death-as in Stalin's day, what do you expect? Don't blame the people for the crimes of their leader.
In May 2003, 79% of Americans approved of the Iraq invasion, according to a Gallup poll. Should I blame the US population?

Back
Top Bottom