• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

58 percent of Russians support the invasion of Ukraine, and 23 percent oppose it, new poll shows

I don't disagree. I merely explained what the siiuation in Russia is today.

Putin has sealed off young Russia from the rest of the world.
Yes he has, but only since the invasion. Up until then Russians had full access to the internet and international media, they could travel wherever they wanted outside Russia and meet anyone they wished. However, anyone today with a little tech-savvy can bypass Putin's ban and access the internet using VPN.

I think you missed the point. Germans, not just Nazi's, were probably the most hated people on earth. Their complicity in the rise and support of Hitler and his invasions earned the population the phobic contempt of humanity. So have the Russian populace in their support of Putin.

The Putin is not yet as bad as Hitler isn't particularly relevant, because he just got serious about it and is now falling on his face.
Again this is grossly simplistic. Germany was in dire straits after the draconian reparations demanded by the victors after WW1. The population was starving, inflation was rampant, unemployment was rampant. Hitler promised reform, full employment, prosperity etc. Drowning people will grasp at anything, especially when they have no idea of the what the future might bring. Is it any wonder why Hitler became so popular?

Last edited:
However, anyone today with a little tech-savvy can bypass Putin's ban and access the internet using VPN.

Maybe they can. Putin has a strong firewall around Russia now.

Besides that, there is always the risk of arrest for conspiring with a foreign agent.

Back
Top Bottom