• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

44 ex-senators warn U.S. is 'entering a dangerous period'

Doesn't really change what I said.

Why do you feel that you have more combined expertise than forty-four United States Senators from both political parties?

Why do you feel that you have more combined expertise than forty-four United States Senators from both political parties?
Why can't you grasp what I said? Got nothing to do with what the 44 senators said. My point was that today each party thinks ITS platform is the ONLY way to go. When they were still in the Senate how many of those principles they laid out did each of them follow?

Have you seen Tijuana lately?
The wall they have there seems to be working wonders.

...and that wall was built during the Clinton administration...

https://theweek.com/captured/683638/border-wall-that-already-exists

Here is a picture I shot of that wall in 2014....

Jun 14_San Diego 097A.jpg

The large home in the picture is on the Mexican side of the wall.

...and the more industrial wall down the road...

Jun 14_San Diego 101A.jpg

So, if its working wonders AND it has existed for 24 years, what is the problem?

Last edited:
Did you even read the article you posted?
It says a "trickle" and a "slight uptick" in illegals.
Had that wall not been there, thousands would have rushed the boarder.

Silly argument...and an equally silly post.

Your opinion is noted. However, no, it's not silly at all, but an example of what can happen through an entire border.

Your post is vague. What institutions do you feel they're referring to, and why are you talking about Trump?

The elections themselves.

They are all part of a group of people who have been attacking our institutions since the elections and trying to reverse said elections. It happened, power was transferred properly and peacefully, as it should. The only people that are threatening this dynamic are the "resistance" because the only thing they are resisting are democratic norms.

I just don't know how much further things will be taken if Trump were to win in 2020. We are in a dangerous time, right now, and that danger is mostly not coming from Trump.

#1 Do you think the Mueller investigation is trying to reverse the election?

#2 Did you approve of the Watergate investigation

#3 Did you approve of the Ken Starr investigation of Bill Clinton?

If evidence of illegal activity is found, then impeachment is part of the democratic system. If fraud is found in relationship to an election that has to be dealt with also. Or, don't you like the rule of law?

There was no fraud in the elections. That has always been clearly stated. No single vote was changed or interfered with by outside forces. It's so not a thing that it's not even being investigated. So what was your point again?

There was no fraud in the elections. That has always been clearly stated. No single vote was changed or interfered with by outside forces. It's so not a thing that it's not even being investigated. So what was your point again?

You may sing that song.. but the north Carolina 9th district shows how fraud is not people voting more than once.

And, by the way, violating the election finance laws is fraudulent

Everyone needs to read their letter before replying as partisans . This is the moment we need to protect our democracy and institutions.

I'm going to give this letter the benefit of the doubt until I see otherwise.

In my years of management, I had the experience (more than once) of running a solid hiring process, selecting a candidate and then later coming to the conclusion that the candidate was unfit for the job. Now, as a good manager, I did not cling irrationally to the notion that I ran a good hiring process so therefore I need to stick with my employee who was unfit for the job. No, his being unfit for the job was a threat to my organization and my job. I manned up and made a change.

Trump is currently facing issues primarily from how he is performing on the job. Granted he has brought a lot of baggage to this job from his past, including questions about how he got the job, but its his management of the current situation that this gang of 44 are concerned about. He is obsessing with his personal matters at the expense of our nation. This is a problem.

Trump is currently unfit for service. He should either resign permanently or take a leave of absence under Amendment 25 (unable to serve) for the good of his country.

Sorry, no...that's a flawed analogy in many ways.

First of all...we didn't have a single person "hire" the President. Millions of people elected him and in a working democracy or, in this case, a democratic republic, you fix the issue of having a bad one by electing someone else the next go-around. As to him being a horrible President bad at his job. That's simply not 100% true. In many ways, he's been wildly successful. You like < $2/gallon of gas? You like low unemployment? You like not starting new wars and supporting terrorists? You like making actual progress with North Korea? You like manufacturing jobs coming back to the U.S.? I know I do.

Now, has he been a good President so far as personal character, personal conduct, being a role model, ect? Hell no...but I prefer policy over shallow whining over someone being a ****head.

...and that wall was built during the Clinton administration...

https://theweek.com/captured/683638/border-wall-that-already-exists

Here is a picture I shot of that wall in 2014....

View attachment 67245857

The large home in the picture is on the Mexican side of the wall.

...and the more industrial wall down the road...

View attachment 67245858

So, if its working wonders AND it has existed for 24 years, what is the problem?

No problem.
Thanks for helping to prove my point.

Trump supporters: The elections are rigged. The FBI is crooked. DNC is corrupt. The DOJ is crooked. House is crooked. Elect Trump because everyone else is crooked. Former presidents are corrupt.

Also Trump supporters: You're attacking our institutions!

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

Yes...I see you don't like things like free speech and democratic elections....good for your for outing yourself. Finally some honesty.

Your opinion is noted. However, no, it's not silly at all, but an example of what can happen through an entire border.

I agree. If a wall was erected all along the boarder, illegals would have a much tougher time breaking into the USA.
Thanks.

I was talking to my dad aboot Trump today, he says there's EXACTLY the same amount of hate for Trump right now as there was for Reagan back in the 1980's.

This is just history repeating itself with a younger crowd who dont know any better

This is horse****.

People disliked Reagan. People disliked Obama and Nixon and Clinton and Bush and Carter and Bush and so on and so on and so on. People hated Kennedy. And Johnson. And Eisenhower. Big ****ing deal. Trump and his loyalists need to stop whining and pissing and carrying on. It's childish.

Trump is a low class, soulless, and ignorant man. He isn't fit to wipe the boots of any of the Presidents in your father's lifetime. Nobody ever disliked Reagan in the way they dislike Trump, because Reagan had a heart, and a soul, and decency.

Yes...I see you don't like things like free speech and democratic elections....good for your for outing yourself. Finally some honesty.
If that's what you understood, you need a new catchphrase tape. I told you that you would criticize any institution that doesn't say what you want it to say.

Prove me wrong.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

#1 Do you think the Mueller investigation is trying to reverse the election?

It's part of the overall push, yes.

#2 Did you approve of the Watergate investigation

Before my time (I'm 40).

#3 Did you approve of the Ken Starr investigation of Bill Clinton?

Disapproved of it going into the Monica Lewinski thing because it had nothing to do with why it was created. Investigations should follow the rules of the 4th Amendment. There should be a specific incident that is being investigated and all warrants and investigative measures should be taken for very specific and declared items. Having investigations that just poke around into everything until they finally find something is not passing the "reasonable" test.

I agree. If a wall was erected all along the boarder, illegals would have a much tougher time breaking into the USA.
Thanks.

Your purposeful misinterpretation of what I said is noted That is not very honest.

It's part of the overall push, yes.

Before my time (I'm 40).

Disapproved of it going into the Monica Lewinski thing because it had nothing to do with why it was created. Investigations should follow the rules of the 4th Amendment. There should be a specific incident that is being investigated and all warrants and investigative measures should be taken for very specific and declared items. Having investigations that just poke around into everything until they finally find something is not passing the "reasonable" test.

How the hell do you think the election could be reversed? That is birther territory. I can see him impeached (not likely, but I could see it) but reversing the election?

How do you think the election could be reversed?

No, we are investigating Russian interference in the 2016 election. There was macro interference that has already led to multiple indictments. What we do not know, at this point, is to what extent members of the Trump election team were involved in, coordinated with or otherwise knew about this Russian interference.

https://www.justice.gov/file/1035477/download
https://d3i6fh83elv35t.cloudfront.net/static/2018/07/Muellerindictment.pdf

Since the FBI investigation into Russian interference began, the FBI and later the Mueller team uncovered a plethora of crimes committed by junior and senior members of the Trump campaign team, which of course was the duty of the DoJ team to pursue.

If Trump had not surrounded himself with so many corrupt individuals this investigation might have concluded already.

Back
Top Bottom