• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

44 ex-senators warn U.S. is 'entering a dangerous period'

Tell you what guys, there's only 2 species that exist:

1. Those that LIKE Trump.
2. Those that HATE Trump

There's like NO in between (even if you think there is one - which there isn't)

This is true.

Moreover, there are those who support Republicans, and those who support Democrats, an not much in between.

Which is exactly what the Op said:

A bipartisan group of nearly four dozen former senators warned current and future members of the Senate on Monday that the United States is “entering a dangerous period,” and urged them to defend America’s democracy by serving national interests rather than political ideologies.

Partisanship rules in Washington. Our representatives represent the party bosses, not the people they're supposed to represent. That's the crux of the problem.

Gee, I never thought that preserving, protecting and defending our Constitution, the rule of law and our institutions was mainstream and dear to any political party.

It isn't. That's the problem. What is mainstream and dear is protecting and defending the party.

What assertion? What vile lies? It is clear that we have not found a solution to porus borders, so hand over YOUR solution, Mr. "Independent", or stuff it.
No one said our borders shouldn't be secured. I asked you for proof of your assertion, Mr. God's Country.

Now hand it over or stop repeating your vile lies.

I think it's quite the weak and intellectually dishonest deflection to insinuate that someone has been drinking as a way to dismiss an argument. But some, I guess, need the intellectual dishonesty as a tool to avoid actual debate and argument, so have at it
I'll drink to that :2wave:

What assertion? What vile lies? It is clear that we have not found a solution to porus borders, so hand over YOUR solution, Mr. "Independent", or stuff it.

You one those that insult the Border Patrol?....Saying they aren't doing their jobs?....

Better than no wall.... You didn't answer my question:Can you provide ANY rational reason not to secure the borders?

Border security and the wall are two different things.

Vile lies are that Democrats have some overarching conspiracy to flood the country with illegal immigrants who miraculously find a way to vote.

And yes, I am an independent. The problem here is the right has become so absolutely vile, so disgustingly repugnant, that anything one step to the left is considered not right enough; I tire of these games, and I won't explain my political leanings to someone who more like then not will simply call me a lib or some other sordid nonsense anyway. I don't buy into identity politicking like that, sorry.

Not me. Haven't said that, don't believe it. We still need a wall. Try your inflamatory nonsense elsewhere.
You one those that insult the Border Patrol?....Saying they aren't doing their jobs?....

You are seeped in identity politics, don't play virginal now.
Vile lies are that Democrats have some overarching conspiracy to flood the country with illegal immigrants who miraculously find a way to vote.

And yes, I am an independent. The problem here is the right has become so absolutely vile, so disgustingly repugnant, that anything one step to the left is considered not right enough; I tire of these games, and I won't explain my political leanings to someone who more like then not will simply call me a lib or some other sordid nonsense anyway. I don't buy into identity politicking like that, sorry.

You are seeped in identity politics, don't play virginal now.

Yawn. Uninteresting drivel. You could at least try, instead of spewing more vapid and inane nonsense. Where's the proof democrats harbor a gigantic conspiracy to get illegals in, and then somehow illicitly get them to vote?

Yes, yawn. Thanks. You have worn out your dictionary.

Incidentally, you don't think Nancy or any Dem is going to come out and tell the truth about their plans, do you? Maybe we should start a Special prosecutor on uncovering all that dirt.

Yawn. Uninteresting drivel. You could at least try, instead of spewing more vapid and inane nonsense. Where's the proof democrats harbor a gigantic conspiracy to get illegals in, and then somehow illicitly get them to vote?

Yes, yawn. Thanks. You have worn out your dictionary.

Incidentally, you don't think Nancy or any Dem is going to come out and tell the truth about their plans, do you? Maybe we should start a Special prosecutor on uncovering all that dirt.

What plans? That's the thing, you're spewing irrational conspiracy without any supporting evidence. No wonder you guys on the far right tend to be christians. Accepting things without evidence, based strictly on faith, is your forte.

My advice to you is to stay obscure. We have one investigation already going on concerning an 'irrational conspiracy without any supporting evidence' (which has gotten way off track, btw), why not open another one?
What plans? That's the thing, you're spewing irrational conspiracy without any supporting evidence. No wonder you guys on the far right tend to be christians. Accepting things without evidence, based strictly on faith, is your forte.

It isn't. That's the problem. What is mainstream and dear is protecting and defending the party.

I meant to say to apsdt that the Constitution wasn't leftist and not geared to any party. My emotions got the best of me and I totally messed up my response. That someone called the warning to adhere to the rule of law leftist really got into my craw. Thanks for calling me out.

My advice to you is to stay obscure. We have one investigation already going on concerning an 'irrational conspiracy without any supporting evidence' (which has gotten way off track, btw), why not open another one?

Trump/Russia is not an irrational conspiracy. I grew up in NJ. The shadow that loomed from NYC during that time wasn't twin tower shaped, it was DJT shaped. News constantly had him in the headlines. At the end of the day, Trump and his campaign broke various laws. That's not a conspiracy. It's a logical continuation of Trump's illicit behavior, from essentially the moment his daddy handed him wads of cash to run his business.

We are in a "dangerous period" now.
1) Unsustainable Federal deficit.
2) $750 billion dollar military budget that the brass claims is insufficient to handle the Chinese and/or Russians.
3) Opioid Crisis which is symptomatic of the hopelessness and despair of a rudderless population.
4) Crumbling infrastructure.
5) Failed educational system.
6) Corporate structure that focuses on quarterly results and stock buybacks and ignores long term capital investments.
7) An increasingly obese and unhealthy population without access to regular medical care.
8) Ethnic divisions that are worsening again because politicians find it a convenient tool for politicking.

Yeah, we have a crisis alright, and it has bipartisan fingerprints all over it, including the authors of this letter. So if they think one piece of foolscap absolves them, I've got a Trump Tower in Moscow to sell them.
DJT is a only a symptom.

Back
Top Bottom