• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2JAN19 Press Conference 1400 EST

He said machine guns, he didn't say automatic weapons. Nice try.
And he wasn't talking about the legal term "machine gun" either. He's a clueless moron, admit it.

You didn't just say that! :lamo

You really should call anyone a moron after making a comment like that!

You didn't just say that! :lamo
You really should call anyone a moron after making a comment like that!
Keep quacking like a duck, you get called a duck.

A machine gun is a fully automatic mounted or portable firearm designed to fire rifle cartridges in rapid succession from an ammunition belt or magazine for the purpose of suppressive fire. Not all fully automatic firearms are machine guns. Submachine guns, rifles, assault rifles, battle rifles, shotguns, pistols or cannons may be capable of fully automatic fire, but are not designed for sustained fire. As a class of military rapid-fire guns, machine guns are fully automatic weapons designed to be used as support weapons and generally used when attached to a mount- or fired from the ground on a bipod or tripod. Many machine guns also use belt feeding and open bolt operation, features not normally found on rifles.
What's that apdst? Quack quack?

So you post ignorant **** EVEN on military stuff...I had no idea. Change your handle to a subject you know something about....Trollmeister123, or something like that.

You didn't know that the secret service carries automatic weapons?

Keep your erection to yourself............:shock:

Keep quacking like a duck, you get called a duck.

What's that apdst? Quack quack?

So you post ignorant **** EVEN on military stuff...I had no idea. Change your handle to a subject you know something about....Trollmeister123, or something like that.

Automatic weapon, machine gun. It's the same thing, cousin.

Look at you trying to be a weapons expert. :lamo

See that? That's a secret service agent carrying an Uzi sub-machine gun. Why is the Uzi a machine gun? 1. It isn't select fire and 2. It fires from the open bolt.

Attachments

• 2810-trtworld-183774-217410.jpg
    2810-trtworld-183774-217410.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 19
Trump: "Russia used to be the Soviet Union. Afghanistan made it Russia. Because they went bankrupt fighting in Afghanistan. Russia."

Who needs real history books?!?

So, what did he get wrong?

Automatic weapon, machine gun. It's the same thing, cousin.
That's an Uzi, it's a sub-machine gun. Not a "machine gun" (sans legal).
0/2 apdst..on firearms no less!

You already got informed on this:
Not all fully automatic firearms are machine guns. Submachine guns, rifles, assault rifles, battle rifles, shotguns, pistols or cannons may be capable of fully automatic fire, but are not designed for sustained fire

Your trolling is nothing compared to Trump's rambling press conference, even being obviously shown to be wrong...twice, your posts still aren't' as dumb as Trump.

Last edited:
That's an Uzi, it's a sub-machine gun or machine pistol. Not a "machine gun" (sans legal).

An Uzi function, literally, the same exact way that an M-60, M-249 and an M-240C/G function and those are all machine guns, per the definition that YOU insist on using.

Your French isn't worth a ****, either :lamo

Everything after "Russia used to be the Soviet Union".

Looks like you need to pick up an history book, because Afghanistan was a major factor in the Soviet Union's downfall.

Looks like you need to pick up an history book, because Afghanistan was a major factor in the Soviet Union's downfall.

Not what he said. He said Afghanistan made USSR bankrupt. It did not.

Try again?

Not what he said. He said Afghanistan made USSR bankrupt. It did not.

Try again?

It did bankrupt the Soviet Union. You're trying to say it wasn't a factor. You should try again.

It did bankrupt the Soviet Union.

Sorry, but nothing in recorded history supports this. If you believe it does, please provide evidence.

You're trying to say it wasn't a factor. You should try again.

I said no such thing. You are projecting.

That's an Uzi, it's a sub-machine gun. Not a "machine gun" (sans legal).

You already got informed on this:

Your trolling is nothing compared to Trump's rambling press conference, even being obviously shown to be wrong...twice, your posts still aren't' as dumb as Trump.

If we're being accurate then machine guns are not technically illegal. They cannot be imported and new ones cannot be purchased but existing ones can be kept, bought, sold and transferred. The idea that individuals cannot own machine guns is erroneous.

If we're being accurate then machine guns are not technically illegal. They cannot be imported and new ones cannot be purchased but existing ones can be kept, bought, sold and transferred. The idea that individuals cannot own machine guns is erroneous.

Where did I claim machine guns were illegal? You aren't following. I mean sans the legal definition, as I clearly wrote in the first reply.
Machine gun is also a a legal term, includes any weapon designed with automatic fire. Anticipating the stupids defending Trump by claiming he meant the legal definition, I was precise in my reply....
In the
U.S.A
, a "machine gun" is a legal term for any weapon able to fire more than one shot per function of the trigger regardless of caliber

So no vertias1, Trump said machine guns like a liberal ignorant about firearms....the same imprecise language average people are ridiculed for daily in the gun forums. And no, he didn't' mean the legal definition...

Worse, that's not even the point. Trump blabbing about men with machine guns, over and over, in his rambling "poor me I was here all alone with guys that didn't smile with machine guns", is stupid in more ways than just that. His entire rambling tirade was absurd...pick time slice, and it's all similar stupid.

An Uzi function, literally, the same exact way that an M-60, M-249 and an M-240C/G function and those are all machine guns, per the definition that YOU insist on using

I'm bookmarking it apdst. Expect to see more Machine Gun talk in the future. An Uzi is a Machine Gun, from apdst...it's only the 2nd day of the New Year...gonna be a long year.

Collapse of the Soviet Union

During the 1960s and 1970s, the Communist Party elite rapidly gained wealth and power while millions of average Soviet citizens faced starvation. The Soviet Union’s push to industrialize at any cost resulted in frequent shortages of food and consumer goods. Bread lines were common throughout the 1970s and 1980s. Soviet citizens often did not have access to basic needs, such as clothing or shoes.

The divide between the extreme wealth of the Politburo and the poverty of Soviet citizens created a backlash from younger people who refused to adopt Communist Party ideology as their parents had.

The USSR also faced foreign attacks on the Soviet economy. In the 1980s, the United States under President Ronald Reagan isolated the Soviet economy from the rest of the world and helped drive oil prices to their lowest levels in decades. When the Soviet Union’s oil and gas revenue dropped dramatically, the USSR began to lose its hold on Eastern Europe.

Meanwhile, Gorbachev’s reforms were slow to bear fruit and did more to hasten the collapse of the Soviet Union than to help it. A loosening of controls over the Soviet people emboldened independence movements in the Soviet satellites of Eastern Europe.

Political revolution in Poland in 1989 sparked other, mostly peaceful revolutions across Eastern European states and led to the toppling of the Berlin Wall. By the end of 1989, the USSR had come apart at the seams.

An unsuccessful coup by Communist Party hard-liners in August 1991 sealed the Soviet Union’s fate by diminishing Gorbachev’s power and propelling democratic forces, led by Boris Yeltsin, to the forefront of Russian politics.

https://www.history.com/topics/russia/history-of-the-soviet-union#section_8

I'm bookmarking it apdst. Expect to see more Machine Gun talk in the future. An Uzi is a Machine Gun, from apdst...it's only the 2nd day of the New Year...gonna be a long year.

I hope you do. It's going to be hillarious to watch you make yourself look like a jackass, over and over again. :lamo

The next thing you're going to try to tell us is that an M2 isn't a machine gun because it has select fire capability.

Throw some French words in there, too. :lamo

Cherry picking is fun, huh?

You're more than free to click that link and see if I ignored anything about Afghanistan.

Sorry, but nothing in recorded history supports this. If you believe it does, please provide evidence.

I said no such thing. You are projecting.

Actually, you're all idiots. What led to the disintegration of the Soviet Union was a boxing match in which the American champion defeated his Soviet opponent in 1985.

I just watched some of it...hilarious as usual. Hard to really believe that's a U.S. president talking.

Basically another Trump talking out of his ass, rambling around, lying, etc., about things he knows nothing about. I was trying to keep track of the lies but so many, so fast, and with such gusto, I don't even care at this point.

Did you know he basically fired Mattis?
He's solely responsible for current gas prices.
He's pulling out of syria because he saw some wounded vets.
And other stuff, you know, also because he doesn't know why we're there he said (ISIS?)

But as usual, it would take the character limit to describe it all in gory detail. Just another Trump Dump.

He sounds like sad sack of ****. That's what having a bruised ego does to people. I can't believe his supporters defend this crazy, lying, egomania behavior

Trump: "Russia used to be the Soviet Union. Afghanistan made it Russia. Because they went bankrupt fighting in Afghanistan. Russia."

Who needs real history books?!?

He is a ignorant person picking up on historical facts, but still being wholly ignorant. He is worse than Palin

Trump says he was all alone in his "big house" over the holidays -- "except for all of the guys out on the lawn with machine guns." He says that he's never seen so many machine guns, and they didn't even wave at him. He adds, "All alone with the machine-gunners."

What the holy hell?

That sounds like Jonestown. What the he'll us he talking about?

I hope you do. It's going to be hillarious to watch you make yourself look like a jackass, over and over again. :lamo

The next thing you're going to try to tell us is that an M2 isn't a machine gun because it has select fire capability.

Throw some French words in there, too. :lamo

So now a Ruger 10/22 is now a machine gun...

Actually, you're all idiots. What led to the disintegration of the Soviet Union was a boxing match in which the American champion defeated his Soviet opponent in 1985.

And almost died in the process, and would have had it not been for his red white and blue Tru ks...

Back
Top Bottom