• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"24" to return next spring as limited series

nota bene

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I lost interest there at the end but am looking forward to the return of the series in 2014. '24' to return next spring, with 12 episodes Breitbart's wonders, because "We're living in an age when the current administration dubs terrorism 'workplace violence' and overseas attacks are scrubbed of their terrorist roots,": "Can we expect a kinder, gentler Jack Bauer? Or will Fox executives realize the formula which made 24 such an unrelenting thriller should be left alone?" '24,' Kiefer Sutherland Returning to Fox, Will Jack Bauer Soften with the Times?

I've heard AMC is bringing The Killing back too.

Very cool, nota bene. I have fond memories of renting the entire season after it was over for the year, and sitting up late at night, watching it with the old man. I can't watch it with him anymore, and will miss that, but I loved the series. Thanks for the info. :)

I lost interest there at the end but am looking forward to the return of the series in 2014. '24' to return next spring, with 12 episodes Breitbart's wonders, because "We're living in an age when the current administration dubs terrorism 'workplace violence' and overseas attacks are scrubbed of their terrorist roots,": "Can we expect a kinder, gentler Jack Bauer? Or will Fox executives realize the formula which made 24 such an unrelenting thriller should be left alone?" '24,' Kiefer Sutherland Returning to Fox, Will Jack Bauer Soften with the Times?

Interesting. I lost interest in the end myself. It's a fantasy program that reached a point where it was asking for more fantasy buy-in than I was willing to give it. In fact, it was the last network program I watched. Everything that happens in the program happens about 10 minutes from wherever Jack Bauer is. No matter what happens, Bauer can be there in 10 minutes.

Security at the operations center in LA is worse than store security at a Dollar Store. Everybody works in a cube farm and everyone has access to what everyone else is doing. Even the bad guys are manned through the ops center on the way to a cell, conveniently located just down the hall. Family members are invited into the center and permitted to walk around wherever and talk to people.

Jack can have his nuts ripped off by jaguars with rabies, but he will be back in action usually within 7 minutes or less.

And finally, for 24 hours no one uses the bathroom.

I loved 24 - big fan of the show as is my wife. Looking forward to this............. and drop the gun. ;)

Watched the first season, was great. Haven't been able to put myself through S2, such a long season.

Watched the first season, was great. Haven't been able to put myself through S2, such a long season.

This reworking may make you happy. From what I understand, the season will be one 24 hour day, but not progress minute by minute, they will skip around through the day so Jack doesn't need to get across the state in 7 minutes to keep the show moving.

This reworking may make you happy. From what I understand, the season will be one 24 hour day, but not progress minute by minute, they will skip around through the day so Jack doesn't need to get across the state in 7 minutes to keep the show moving.
Well thats good news. I've heard the series kind of goes downhill after season 1? The main problem is it seems they force weak B-plots to drag out the season to meet their odd episodic structure. I think the biggest offender from season 1 was Teri's sudden memory loss, as well as Kim's situation with the drug bust.

I've never seen this show but I propose a cost-saving show called 12. The main storyline is a visit to the doctors office using obamacare. We can use up 8 of the 12 just repeating a loop from the waiting room. Will the catheter fit? Is that a RECTAL thermometer?

Interesting. I lost interest in the end myself. It's a fantasy program that reached a point where it was asking for more fantasy buy-in than I was willing to give it. In fact, it was the last network program I watched. Everything that happens in the program happens about 10 minutes from wherever Jack Bauer is. No matter what happens, Bauer can be there in 10 minutes.

Security at the operations center in LA is worse than store security at a Dollar Store. Everybody works in a cube farm and everyone has access to what everyone else is doing. Even the bad guys are manned through the ops center on the way to a cell, conveniently located just down the hall. Family members are invited into the center and permitted to walk around wherever and talk to people.

Jack can have his nuts ripped off by jaguars with rabies, but he will be back in action usually within 7 minutes or less.

And finally, for 24 hours no one uses the bathroom.

That is all true, but most of us need our hero myths. ;)

I do. But then, I'm a big fan of Robert Ludlum and Tom Clancy.

Back
Top Bottom