• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

21 million guns sold in 2020, up 60%, women, blacks top buyers

What is the alleged tool abuse (specific criminal act)? You seem to be equating tool possession which tool abuse.
Actually you are. Should I be allowed to possess a gun in all the places I just mentioned?

Actually you are. Should I be allowed to possess a gun in all the places I just mentioned?

Nope, you have wandered well into the weeds now. You now seem to be arguing that since some may wish to possess a gun in some restricted area that guns should be banned everywhere. Your example is flawed since the only thing being denied is access to a restricted area while armed, not being armed outside of that restricted area. That’s like staying since one can’t shout nonsense in a courtroom that they are being denied the right of free speech.

Nope, you have wandered well into the weeds now. You now seem to be arguing that since some may wish to possess a gun in some restricted area that guns should be banned everywhere. Your example is flawed since the only thing being denied is access to a restricted area while armed, not being armed outside of that restricted area. That’s like staying since one can’t shout nonsense in a courtroom that they are being denied the right of free speech.
So access is proof enough that a crime will be committed.

Alright, I do agree there.

Gun control only works if done uniformly & nationally, agreed.

During the handgun ban, Chicago's illegal guns flowed like water across the border from Indiana, into the Southside.

It's bound too really

We need national gun control, not piecemeal or ad-hoc legislation done at city or state level

That would depend on how far you would like to go with, 'gun control'. If you want drastic change, yes - you would need to lose the 2nd.

Without repealing the 2nd amendment, you can't go very far and anything you do is just paying lip service to people's demands for gun control.

There is no solution. Husbands and boyfriends and exes will continue to blow the brains out of their wives and girlfriends.

This is the United States. Guns will go nowhere and neither will violence.

Sadly I think that is more likely to be true than not, gun owners would rather see the world burn than surrender their guns.

The gun pipeline leaks.

Being fervently pro-gun proliferation and fervently anti-gun control is a self-fulfilling prophecy: We need more guns for self-defense because so many guns are used for illegal acts/violence committed with guns.

The NRA may have strategically filed for bankruptcy; the gun manufacturers the NRA lobbie$ for are making a killing.

"The only thing that PREVENTS a "bad guy" from getting a gun ..."

The gun pipeline leaks.

Being fervently pro-gun proliferation and fervently anti-gun control is a self-fulfilling prophecy: We need more guns for self-defense because so many guns are used for illegal acts/violence committed with guns.

The NRA may have strategically filed for bankruptcy; the gun manufacturers the NRA lobbie$ for are making a killing.

... Isn't a ban.

The gun pipeline leaks.

"Leak" isn't quite the word for it....dam breach is a more apt analogy.

Sadly I think that is more likely to be true than not, gun owners would rather see the world burn than surrender their guns.
but that is not a realistic choice. The world won't burn because honest people are armed. I think many gun banners would like to see the lives of millions of honest gun owners ruined or violently ended than allow people to own guns legally

"Retired Supreme Court Justice Stevens Calls For Repeal Of Second Amendment"

BFD-he was a moron on that issue and his Heller dissent was one of the lamest turds I have ever seen from a USSC Justice However, he tacitly admitted that the second amendment protected that which he claimed it did not.

That likely helped to boost gun sales. ;)
its old news: he retired in 2010 (so Obama could fill his seat) and he died in the summer of 2019. That silly article was eviscerated dozens of times with examples following

but that is not a realistic choice. The world won't burn because honest people are armed. I think many gun banners would like to see the lives of millions of honest gun owners ruined or violently ended than allow people to own guns legally

No-one said the world would burn. Just that gun owners prefer that scenario to surrendering their guns.

BFD-he was a moron on that issue and his Heller dissent was one of the lamest turds I have ever seen from a USSC Justice However, he tacitly admitted that the second amendment protected that which he claimed it did not.

Because you disagree with him. The Trump approach to character assessment.

Because guns were sourced from there ?

That's not Indiana's fault. As we discussed earlier, there will never be effective gun control or regulation, unless done on the federal/national level.

Back
Top Bottom