• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2012 - Here we come!

Is there a democrat that has the guts to challenge Obama?

Who do you think will run? Who do you hope will run?

I think Mike Pence and Steve King will run. I'd like to hear more from both of them.

Steve King? Seriously? I really like him but am amazed anyone else would consider him. He would be great. I also like Mike Pence, Herman Cain, Chris Christie, Marco Rubio, Jim Demint,
Oh Geez... it would be hard to choose just one.

Another fun question: Who do you think will be the first Republican to announce (either a formal declaration of candidacy or an exploratory committee) and when do you think it will happen?

Honestly, I'm surprised someone hasn't already done it. :lol:

Newt will be the first to announce.....probably by the end of the month.

I hope no one will run.

Now there's a ticket I can see myself getting behind. :D

The least knuckle headed potential candidate would be Mitch Daniels.

From what I hear, he's been a great governor of Indiana.
Has more experience and qualifications under his belt, than most any other conservative mentioned.

from Barbtx

Newt will be the first to announce.....probably by the end of the month.

Thanks for that heads up. Will his platform be centered around good old fashioned Christian family values?

from Barbtx

Thanks for that heads up. Will his platform be centered around good old fashioned Christian family values?

It won't matter what his platform is. Thank goodness he won't win the nomination.

The 2012 elections won't matter at all since the world is going to end before any of those people take office.
:lol:

From the perspective of a progressive Democrat, I'd be excited to see her run for President. I can't think of anyone who would insure that Obama wins re-election. Even Carl Rowe opposes her as a canidate.

From the perspective of a progressive Democrat, I'd be excited to see her run for President. I can't think of anyone who would insure that Obama wins re-election. Even Carl Rowe opposes her as a canidate.

Does not matter who runs Obama will not win

Honestly there really is no big front runner for the Republicans. The one that has the best shot is Romney and he has to deal with MassCare. Well that and the fact he is Mormon, but after Paul winning with what ever the hell he is, Romney may have a shot.

I think Romney will be out in the primary because he is not dogmatic enough. Plus there is the mormon problem as evangelicals will not be comfortable with that. However, if the available republican choices, I like him the best.

I would agree with much of your analysis about Romney. And since he would be the most electable GOP candidate to the general voting population, that spells trouble for the Republican Party. Based on what we just witnessed in the 2010 GOP primary battles, there is little reason not to believe it will be a battle for the teaparty/right wing base vote and the candidate who captures that will be the nominee.

The least knuckle headed potential candidate would be Mitch Daniels.

From what I hear, he's been a great governor of Indiana.
Has more experience and qualifications under his belt, than most any other conservative mentioned.

I'm afraid he may have trouble in the primaries; but I think he would be the best candidate. As a former Hoosier, I didn't vote for him in 2004, but I did switch in 2008 to vote for him (the only time I split ticket - except to vote for Lugar for Senate).

He showed his ability to work with Democrats in the House (it will switch in January) to get things done and the state was much better off than some of its neighbors.

However, I don't know if a message of working across the aisle to get things done is a message that will be politically tenable in 2012. It won't be in the Republican primary. That's pretty clear.

Oh, and I should note: he could have a controversy brewing over his choice for Secretary of State in the Indiana elections this year. Charlie White won, but did so under investigation of voter fraud for knowingly voting in a district in which he didn't live. He also continued to serve on the Fishers town council after leaving the district he was representing and didn't report it to the council (which is a violation of civic law there).

There are ways he can scoot around it, but since Secretary of State oversees elections is the one who oversees elections, his support of someone who could be the first person ever prosecuted in Indiana for voter fraud could be a stain that's easily exploitable.

Does not matter who runs Obama will not win

Don't get so cocky. Think about all those young people and all those minority voters that came out for him in 2008. Think of all the fundraising records he blew out of the water. Think about how formidible and revolutionary his ground game is. The man is the best political campaigner in recent history. You'd be a fool to think otherwise

Don't get so cocky. Think about all those young people and all those minority voters that came out for him in 2008. Think of all the fundraising records he blew out of the water. Think about how formidible and revolutionary his ground game is. The man is the best political campaigner in recent history. You'd be a fool to think otherwise

None of that matters if he keeps pissing off the liberals by heading rightward on so many issues.

BHO was a novelty at one time but that novelty has well worn off. The boring speeches, the teleprompter jokes, his flailing around for a direction and his straight-up BS has alienated him from the middle. Only the genuine KoolAde drinkers will ever vote for this guy now

Think about all those Obama voters that voted for GOP or refused to vote in 2010

Think about all those Obama voters that voted for GOP or refused to vote in 2010

Yeh. And think about how things change in just TWO YEARS.

Republicans now have to rule. That's a lot harder than just screaming NO! at everything. And Republicans should know that since they made the 2000s the worst economic decade in Post WW2 American history.

You can pretend that everyone loves you, but if you all don't get things done (and you won't), they'll turn on you very quickly.

Personally, the best thing that could happen is if Bloomberg (or someone) would run as an independent and a new third party could form around him. We desperately need to bring an end to this duopoly.

Great idea on the third party. I want the tea party to actually truly become The Tea Party. Then Sarah can get the nomination and be off to the races.

Back
Top Bottom