• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2011 NFL Lockout Thread

Get it done already, you have less than a month to get this **** sorted out

Goodell: There Are No Dealbreakers in Labor Negotiations -- NFL FanHouse
the talks won't really begin until march 3
until then, it will be posturing
but this is what i view as the key sticking point:
... We have to get beyond this negotiating ploy of opening the books. The players have more than sufficient information to understand why the economics of this deal doesn't work. ,,,
the owners are poor mouthing, insisting that the players' deal is too generous - at the owners' expense
yet they are unwilling to reveal the facts of their financial situation
if their financial circumstance was in true decline, they would want the players union to view that verifiable, factual information ... instead, they conceal it

The owners are just being greedy. Im with the players. It's the players who we watch not the owners. Owners can be replaced, the players cant.

Get it done already, you have less than a month to get this **** sorted out

Goodell: There Are No Dealbreakers in Labor Negotiations -- NFL FanHouse

I looked for other threads, on the lockout and NFL negotiations, but did not see this one, and I see it had not been posted for a month, when I started a thread "NFL Lockout" 2-6-11, to discuss the issues.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/sports-talk/91900-nfl-lockout.html

This old thread does not seem to be dlineating the issues of 18 vs 16 games, Rookie pay, Impasse and last offer, etc.

Why should this thread, started last year, be the only thread on NFL Negotions?

The owners are just being greedy. Im with the players. It's the players who we watch not the owners. Owners can be replaced, the players cant.

Someone can always outplace you no matter what your job is, how good your game play, etc. Nobody in this world is so special that they cannot be replaced. Sorry.

Someone can always outplace you no matter what your job is, how good your game play, etc. Nobody in this world is so special that they cannot be replaced. Sorry.

the franchise tag that the teams are able to affix to one player indicates this is not a totally valid perspective

I have little doubt that there will be a lockout. The owners have established an escrow account to alleviate financial problems. Owners like Jerry Jones however - with a new stadium - will be more susceptible to pressure. If the lockout persists beyond the second or perhaps the third regular season game, a truncated season will ensue (neither 16 nor 18 games are possible).

I know some people who are that special and would be very difficult to replace in a reasonable amount of time: peyton manning, tom brady, aaron rodgers, etc. no one wants to see the heath shulers of the world. who can replace these guys and perform on the same level? no one. Who can replace the current owner of your favorite football team? the next rich guy.

It would be easier to get a different owner at the same level than to get different players at the same level, is what im trying to say.

I know some people who are that special and would be very difficult to replace in a reasonable amount of time: peyton manning, tom brady, aaron rodgers, etc. no one wants to see the heath shulers of the world. who can replace these guys and perform on the same level? no one. Who can replace the current owner of your favorite football team? the next rich guy.

It would be easier to get a different owner at the same level than to get different players at the same level, is what im trying to say.

O.K. I get your point and you are right. I was wrong:)

Back
Top Bottom