• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2010 fantasy football

Also, are we doing PPR?

If not, could we do PPR? :)

My bad. I thought I had put those in. I agree and prefer it. The scoring is as follows:

Points per Carry 0.2
Points per reception 0.4
Points per completion 0.2
Points per incompletion -0.1 (so accurate passers perform slightly better than innacurate ones)

If people are opposed to those, let me know. It's the "default" if nobody opposes it.

I was also thinking about adding a bonus point for:

150 yards rushing
150 yards receiving
350 yards passing

The default in this case is no bonuses. If everyone wants them, I'll add them.

Also, from what it sounds like, everyone wants negative poitns for missed kicks, but that they think the current levels are too high. So I changed it to what Zyph suggested above and made missed extra points -2 (missing an extra point definitely deserves another point deduction.)

Also, the penalty for having a wretched defensive performance (35+ points against) has been lowed from last years -10 to -5. And -1 for 28-34 points against.

150 yards rushing
150 yards receiving
350 yards passing

Let me see who I draft first and then we can talk about these. :2razz:

I like the bonus's. I always enjoy seeing BIG days even more.

Like the Points Per scores

Don't mind the -2 for extra points.

Like the defensive negatives.

My bad. I thought I had put those in. I agree and prefer it. The scoring is as follows:

Points per Carry 0.2
Points per reception 0.4
Points per completion 0.2
Points per incompletion -0.1 (so accurate passers perform slightly better than innacurate ones)

If people are opposed to those, let me know. It's the "default" if nobody opposes it.

150 yards rushing
150 yards receiving
350 yards passing

The default in this case is no bonuses. If everyone wants them, I'll add them.

Also, from what it sounds like, everyone wants negative poitns for missed kicks, but that they think the current levels are too high. So I changed it to what Zyph suggested above and made missed extra points -2 (missing an extra point definitely deserves another point deduction.)

All sound good to me.

Are you all going to advertise this thread, in say the NFL Preseason thread?

Just a bump. Have we decided on a solid date for the draft yet?

We have to have the goofiest point system in any fantasy league anywhere. We are giving or taking away points for completions and rushing attempts now? A 49 yard field goal is only worth 3 points? A safety is worth 3 points? WOW!!!

We have to have the goofiest point system in any fantasy league anywhere. We are giving or taking away points for completions and rushing attempts now? A 49 yard field goal is only worth 3 points? A safety is worth 3 points? WOW!!!

I wanted 40-49 to get 4 points but it semed that 3 was what peopel were looking for based on this thread.

Completions and rushing attempts aren't usual as far as getting points for them. The negative poitns for incompletions helps make accurate passers more valuable.

I wanted 40-49 to get 4 points but it semed that 3 was what peopel were looking for based on this thread.

Completions and rushing attempts aren't usual as far as getting points for them. The negative poitns for incompletions helps make accurate passers more valuable.

Ahh, come on...make it 4 pts for 40-49! ;)

Here's what it currently is:

Right now we have three in favor of negative points (although you seem to want an alteration) We'll see how th erest of teh votes swing before making any changes.

um...if i could weigh in.....negative points for missing a 50 yd field goal seems kinda ridiculous. or even 40-49.

i'm in. this could be fun.

Sailorgirl would have been better than Killer Libs. Why are you always bringing politics into it? huh? ;)

Glad you are joining us!

OK, I capped the league at 10 teams since an odd number of teams will screw us up for the draft. If two more people come on here and want to sign up send me a PM and we'll try and get you signed up before the draft on Monday at 7:30 central time.

I also changed the 40-49 yard field goals to 4 points and the 50+ to 5.

There are no points deducted for 50+ misses liblady.

That was reduced already due to the earlier complaints.

The scoring system in this league is designed to reward good football, not just flashy football. A 53 yard field goal is all well and good, but an accurate kicker is more valuable in the NFL than a big legged one.

I'll take a Robbie Gould over a Sebastian Janikowski any day.

Receptions, carries, completions, etc. are stat categories because a guy who catches 1 60 yard touchdown doesn't deserve to have the same number of points as a guy who made 6 catches for 60 yards and a touchdown.

A guy who busts one big run for 80 yards didn't do as much for his team as a grinder who ran 15 times for 80. Time of possession, first downs, etc are all factors in why the latter was greater than the former. One 75 yard run usually won't win a game for a team. But managing the clock with a workhorse type running back and grinding out first downs while averaging 5 yards a carry is more valuable to the team over the long haul.

Oh, and Hugh, I've been in leagues with much crazier scoring systems than this one. I used to be in one that took yards per carry and sacks into account so that you could field a team o-line.

I simply don't see that anywhere in this thread. Zyph suggested it and you agreed, but you agreed previously to a different point total.

My suggestion (and thank this post if you agree):
FG Made:
01-19 yards +3
20-29 yards +3
30-39 yards +3
40 + yards +4

FG Missed:
01-19 yards -3
20-29 yards -3
30-39 yards -2
40-49 yards -1
50 + yards 0

I simply don't see that anywhere in this thread. Zyph suggested it and you agreed, but you agreed previously to a different point total.

My suggestion (and thank this post if you agree):
FG Made:
01-19 yards +3
20-29 yards +3
30-39 yards +3
40 + yards +4

FG Missed:
01-19 yards -3
20-29 yards -3
30-39 yards -2
40-49 yards -1
50 + yards 0

The only thing different between this and what currently exist is that 50+ field goals are 5 points and 0-19 missed are -4. (See my change in the first line of post 43 here)

Sailorgirl would have been better than Killer Libs. Why are you always bringing politics into it? huh? ;)

Glad you are joining us!

it was a play on words, really....you know, libs are pacifist?

it was a play on words, really....you know, libs are pacifist?

LOL...Actually, they started the Korean War, the Vietnam War and WW II. Then we have our adventures during the Clinton years and most recently the escalation in Afghanistan. Not so pacifist, although they may claim to be these days.

LOL...Actually, they started the Korean War, the Vietnam War and WW II. Then we have our adventures during the Clinton years and most recently the escalation in Afghanistan. Not so pacifist, although they may claim to be these days.

no politics here. my team is going to kick your team's ass! after i figure out what i'm doing, of course.

no politics here. my team is going to kick your team's ass! after i figure out what i'm doing, of course.

True 'nuff that. I understand your not wanting to discuss this, here or anywhere... :2razz:

Your team will probably kick my team's ass, I agree! Wait till you see the lame drafting I do... I ranked, in order, about 15 players for my top picks. I could probably let it auto-draft off my picks, cause if I don't get them, I will take what is on offer. Actually, I do need to be at the draft as if my say 3rd and 4th picks are gone, I may want to draft the recommended pick instead of my number 5 pick. Depends what positions are filled.

Back
Top Bottom