• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

Homer.

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
A new study by the WMO (World Meteorological Organisation) shows the planet "experienced unprecedented high-impact climate extremes" in the ten years from 2001 to 2010, the warmest decade since the start of modern measurements in 1850.

Those ten years also continued an extended period of accelerating global warming, with more national temperature records reported broken than in any previous decade. Sea levels rose about twice as fast as the trend in the last century.

Unprecedented climate extremes marked last decade, says UN | Environment | guardian.co.uk

Further evidence, if any more were needed, that climate change is a reality. Sure, the climate change deniers, like all conspiracy theorists, will deny any evidence put before them. Hopefully this new evidence will make some people to see the reality.

A new study by the WMO (World Meteorological Organisation) shows the planet "experienced unprecedented high-impact climate extremes" in the ten years from 2001 to 2010, the warmest decade since the start of modern measurements in 1850.

Those ten years also continued an extended period of accelerating global warming, with more national temperature records reported broken than in any previous decade. Sea levels rose about twice as fast as the trend in the last century.

Unprecedented climate extremes marked last decade, says UN | Environment | guardian.co.uk

Further evidence, if any more were needed, that climate change is a reality. Sure, the climate change deniers, like all conspiracy theorists, will deny any evidence put before them. Hopefully this new evidence will make some people to see the reality.

But I thought AGW was just a lie that Al Gore made up to get richer? Don't tell me that data and research are proving it to be true. How did Gore get so lucky?

So?

figure9.png

There are people who still think the planet is not getting warmer. Silly, I know, but it needs to be addressed because someone who doesn't think the planet is warming is unable to have a reasonably informed opinion on AGW and any potential actions, or lack thereof.

And why are "generic units" helpful?

There are people who still think the planet is not getting warmer. Silly, I know, but it needs to be addressed because someone who doesn't think the planet is warming is unable to have a reasonably informed opinion on AGW and any potential actions, or lack thereof.

There are also people who thinks the sun doesn't matter. I never understood that since the sun is the source of 99.99+% of the energy that becomes measurable temperature on earth.

There are also people who thinks the sun doesn't matter. I never understood that since the sun is the source of 99.99+% of the energy that becomes measurable temperature on earth.

Find me one person who thinks the sun "doesn't matter."

Deniers don't need facts, they have perfectly good straw men.

LOL...

Who's the denier? The sun has tremendous impact on our climate.

Anyone who believes the IPCC's assessment of how little the sun's changes affect radiative forcing.

"Some people think that our planet is suffering from a fever. Now scientists are telling us that Mars is experiencing its own planetary warming: Martian warming. It seems scientists have noticed recently that quite a few planets in our solar system seem to be heating up a bit, including Pluto.
NASA says the Martian South Pole’s “ice cap” has been shrinking for three summers in a row. Maybe Mars got its fever from earth. If so, I guess Jupiter’s caught the same cold, because it’s warming up too, like Pluto."

I don't doubt that we need to change our carbon emissions and focus on saving the planet, but global warming is no more than glorified hooey.

because science has shown there hasn't been any warming in the last 15 years

if a meteorologist says it is raining and you go out side and it is not who will you believe the meteorologist or your own two eyes

LOL...

Who's the denier? The sun has tremendous impact on our climate.

And water is wet.
Now quit evading the answer... do you honestly believe the planet is not getting warmer? A yes or no will suffice.

because science has shown there hasn't been any warming in the last 15 years

if a meteorologist says it is raining and you go out side and it is not who will you believe the meteorologist or your own two eyes

So you are one of those who does not believe we are warming. I bet you can be easily convinced the sky is green.

I don't doubt that we need to change our carbon emissions and focus on saving the planet, but global warming is no more than glorified hooey.
Well, maybe we should since our CO2 emissions seem to be affecting Mars also...

And water is wet.
Now quit evading the answer... do you honestly believe the planet is not getting warmer? A yes or no will suffice.

The planet has been getting warmer since the 1700s. So has the sun.

I wonder...

Maybe we should cut back on CO2 emissions since we are warming the sun...

This actually proves nothing....

The planet has been getting warmer since the 1700. So has the sun.

Hey look, another straw man. Who called it?

Clue for you: No one is saying otherwise.

Further clue: more than one thing can effect a system

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/11/science/earth/what-to-make-of-a-climate-change-plateau.html?_r=2&

The rise in the surface temperature of earth has been markedly slower over the last 15 years than in the 20 years before that. And that lull in warming has occurred even as greenhouse gases have accumulated in the atmosphere at a record pace.

There has been no significant warming in 17 years. Global Warming is a scam. The top "climate scientists" were caught manipulating data.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/11/science/earth/what-to-make-of-a-climate-change-plateau.html?_r=2&

There has been no significant warming in 17 years. Global Warming is a scam. The top "climate scientists" were caught manipulating data.

From your own link:

"As you might imagine, those dismissive of climate-change concerns have made much of this warming plateau. They typically argue that “global warming stopped 15 years ago” or some similar statement, and then assert that this disproves the whole notion that greenhouse gases are causing warming.

Rarely do they mention that most of the warmest years in the historical record have occurred recently. Moreover, their claim depends on careful selection of the starting and ending points."

You realize you did not address my point in any way? Do try and keep up.

You're just dodging because you can't respond to the substance of the post

Par for the course

From your own link:

"As you might imagine, those dismissive of climate-change concerns have made much of this warming plateau. They typically argue that “global warming stopped 15 years ago” or some similar statement, and then assert that this disproves the whole notion that greenhouse gases are causing warming.

Rarely do they mention that most of the warmest years in the historical record have occurred recently. Moreover, their claim depends on careful selection of the starting and ending points."

The NYT has to provide some cover for their left wing base. That's to be expected.

https://www.llnl.gov/news/newsreleases/2011/Nov/NR-11-11-03.html

LIVERMORE, Calif. -- In order to separate human-caused global warming from the "noise" of purely natural climate fluctuations, temperature records must be at least 17 years long, according to climate scientists.

To address criticism of the reliability of thermometer records of surface warming, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory scientists analyzed satellite measurements of the temperature of the lower troposphere (the region of the atmosphere from the surface to roughly five miles above) and saw a clear signal of human-induced warming of the planet.

[/I][/B]

So it was thge warmest of the 16 decades measured? Well one of them has to be the warmest. One of them has to be the coldest too.

From your own link:

Damn you! I was saving that part.

All you deniers should thank Bronson. He posted a link showing the problem with the not getting warmer claim. He proved you wrong. He should be proud.

Back
Top Bottom