• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2 People Charged With Hate Crime After Vandalizing Black Lives Matter Mural in California

Change???? What change other than the silly change in definition of what is a friggin' "hate crime"?

How is this a hate crime? Far too many people today raised under the "everybody gets a trophy" mentality would only consider this a hate crime. They didn't threaten anyone. Didn't incite violence on anyone or any group. All they did was paint over a slogan which most people would consider graffiti anyway.

Cite the statute that was violated. Then we can have a discussion on whether this action violates the statute.

Of course you do. Because you feel threatened by Black people advocating for their equality which directly threatens your privilege.

Black people should have equality. It's been a long road from slavery to now. Things were getting better and better before the riots started.

I don't see any of you who talk about privilege giving up your jobs or your homes to black people. You love to virtue signal, but that's about where it ends.

Black people should have equality. It's been a long road from slavery to now. Things were getting better and better before the riots started.

I don't see any of you who talk about privilege giving up your jobs or your homes to black people. You love to virtue signal, but that's about where it ends.

lol. I don't need the approval of a racist conservative as to whether the work I do to fight racism is sufficient.

This is not a hate crime. Freaking ridiculous

If I said you sound like a dump truck, I wouldn't be lying.

(dump trucks are public defenders)

The judge will decide whether this is a hate crime.

There's a court system that will determine that. But in the interest of this forum, why don't you quote the law being cited and why you think this action doesn't violate it?

I didn't say it wasn't a crime but equating it to burning a cross is ridiculous

The white people who support BLM hate white people.

BLM wouldn't exist if black people didn't commit crimes and then resist arrest. Maybe we should start there as far as fixing things.

No they don't, that's stupid. I support BLM, I do not hate white people. What I "hate" - we'll go with that word, as that's clearly your comfort zone - is cops creating a situation where all of this is a problem that we must all deal with.

And there's a universe of statistics and historical analysis that disproves the dip****tery of your second sentence, so I'll invite you to use Google to determine how stupid you sound, rather than waste time explaining things that educated people already understand.

Committing crimes has nothing to do with extrajudicial murders of Black people by police.

Black people are murdered by police even if they don't resist arrest.

It's easy to hide these "extrajudicial murders" amongst the high volume of legitimate criminal encounters. Do something within the black community to lower these numbers and it will be much tougher for the very few bad police actors to do their thing.

It's easy to hide these "extrajudicial murders" amongst the high volume of legitimate criminal encounters. Do something within the black community to lower these numbers and it will be much tougher for the very few bad police actors to do their thing.

Black people are harassed by police without breaking laws.

Conservatives love to blame the victim.

Nah, they're simply unwilling combatants. BLM wouldn't exist if cops weren't disproportionately using violence against black folks. You don't like BLM, fix the reason for their existence. It's a much more worthwhile expenditure of your time than making silly claims about race wars - which is especially silly, given the fact that BLM is supported by folks of all races.

BLM's claim that they are fighting for justice on behalf of blacks killed by police is false advertising. They are a radical left-wing political movement using a social hot topic to push Marxist policy.

But lets go with it for a second.

The facts and data just don't support that narrative. The only locations where your statement is true would be major metro impoverished inner city neighborhoods that are almost all black. Then, of course, blacks are arrested for crimes disproportionately because there aren't any other races there committing crimes.

Some popular phrases among criminals being arrested: "I'm innocent", "I didn't do it", "that not my gun", I don't know how that got in my pocket", "police brutality!", "you're hurting my arm", "I'm gonna get you mother****er", "I want your badge number".

Don't fall for it. BLM are a Trojan horse.

Not buying what your selling. The facts speak for themselves.

lol...that's a whole lot of something there. So many questions. Let's start with these:

Since when were the Jews on the wrong side of history and not the Nazis? The Nuremberg trials would be the more accurate equivalent, if one can be made at all. How is painting over a mural "criticizing" it...? Wouldn't that be the equivalent of attempting to silence? And is all of this American logic, or Oceania logic...or simply POS logic?

OlNate logic is this: whoever is in power is on the side of change, so suck it up, losers!

The Nazis swept into power, so the Jews deserved what they got?

Putin is now in power so his enemies deserve what they're getting?

Must be all that maple syrup clogging the synapses...

No they don't, that's stupid. I support BLM, I do not hate white people. What I "hate" - we'll go with that word, as that's clearly your comfort zone - is cops creating a situation where all of this is a problem that we must all deal with.

And there's a universe of statistics and historical analysis that disproves the dip****tery of your second sentence, so I'll invite you to use Google to determine how stupid you sound, rather than waste time explaining things that educated people already understand.

If less black people committed crimes and resisted arrest, then cops would be less likely to suspect a bad outcome when they encounter a black person.

Democrat cities, black mayors, black city council, black ward leaders, black district attorneys, black public defenders, black police chiefs, black police officers that closely match locales demographics.

Where are all these racists who operate under so much black democrat leadership?

Democrat cities, black mayors, black city council, black ward leaders, black district attorneys, black public defenders, black police chiefs, black police officers that closely match locales demographics.

Where are all these racists who operate under so much black democrat leadership?

Quality post as always Schism. You're always good for a laugh.

BLM's claim that they are fighting for justice on behalf of blacks killed by police is false advertising. They are a radical left-wing political movement using a social hot topic to push Marxist policy.

But lets go with it for a second.

The facts and data just don't support that narrative. The only locations where your statement is true would be major metro impoverished inner city neighborhoods that are almost all black. Then, of course, blacks are arrested for crimes disproportionately because there aren't any other races there committing crimes.

Some popular phrases among criminals being arrested: "I'm innocent", "I didn't do it", "that not my gun", I don't know how that got in my pocket", "police brutality!", "you're hurting my arm", "I'm gonna get you mother****er", "I want your badge number".

Don't fall for it. BLM are a Trojan horse.

Not buying what your selling. The facts speak for themselves.

You really want to get into a facts battle? lol... If so, you have a lot of pretty well known and nearly universally accepted statistics to debunk.

I think it's adorable how you guys all fall back on the same comfort words, though... Never thought the word "communism" would be so soothing to the American right.

White people are sometimes harassed by police without breaking the law. I've seen it. You'll never admit this because it doesn't support your false narrative.

Cite the statute that was violated. Then we can have a discussion on whether this action violates the statute.

The statute is a California law which is pretty sloppy at best as it allows for "perception" to be a factor in determining if a crime was motivated by hate against a protected class or anyone's religion or race. Problem is that this act was at best vandalism on PUBLIC property. They did not deface a church or synagogue, they did not burn a cross out on the lawn of Black person, did not threaten anyone.

Just because California has a statute doesn't mean it will end up in a conviction. And even if it does it doesn't mean it won't be reversed on appeal.

California has a lot of wacky laws which have not yet been adequately vetted by judicial review. So yes, they could be charged, but it is very slim unless the people who painted over "words" (not adding any words) may have been also making threats against black people.

BTW, how is it that tearing down statues of white historical figures while chanting stuff against white people in general is then not a "hate crime" in California?

As far as I see it the BLM organization IS A HATE GROUP. So unless it is also a hate crime to paint over 'KKK' or Nazi flags, I see no difference in painting over a BLM slogan given the manner in which that slogan has been co-opted by a domestic hate group (BLM organization).

Just my opinion.

Now you're at least openly stating your racism.

We are talking about a potential hate crime against blacks are we not? I could expand the demographics of my example to include white people, but that's not what we are talking about here. "It's just not relevant to the discussion".

OlNate logic is this: whoever is in power is on the side of change, so suck it up, losers!

The Nazis swept into power, so the Jews deserved what they got?

Putin is now in power so his enemies deserve what they're getting?

Must be all that maple syrup clogging the synapses...

See, there you go, the Canada jokes make you funny again...like, actually funny, not the point and laugh kind of funny. :lol:

In the meantime, progress towards greater levels of human decency began in our infancy as a species, and have continued, despite the temporary setbacks of indecent people that you seem hung up on, all throughout history. It is a force that always wins, so while I'd rather convince you of the upside of decency, I lose no sleep when you rail against it, because in doing so you render yourself irrelevant and beneath worry. :shrug:

If less black people committed crimes and resisted arrest, then cops would be less likely to suspect a bad outcome when they encounter a black person.

Yeah, sorry, you're not smart enough for me to bother with. :shrug:

You really want to get into a facts battle? lol... If so, you have a lot of pretty well known and nearly universally accepted statistics to debunk.

Feel free to list the stats and data that support your assertion.

I didn't think you could respond with facts.

Nah, I get his comment...sometimes one is confronted with such a high level of stupidity that they inherently understand that no amount of facts will fix said stupid, and the only appropriate response is to laugh and shake one's head. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom