• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2 People Charged With Hate Crime After Vandalizing Black Lives Matter Mural in California

No. Because 100% of clinic bombers engage in violence and murder, while the same is not even remotely true of BLM. False equivalency.

No. Because 100% of clinic bombers are protesting against a right that is protected by the law of the land, while BLM is protesting a statistically and anecdotally quantifiable complaint against police. False equivalency.

Okay, so if it were exactly equivalent, if the same percentage of pro-lifers were clinic bombers as BLM are rioters, etc, you'd accept the statement, "If you don't like clinic bombings, fix the reason for their existence"?

Okay, so if it were exactly equivalent, if the same percentage of pro-lifers were clinic bombers as BLM are rioters, etc, you'd accept the statement, "If you don't like clinic bombings, fix the reason for their existence"?

I don't accept anything, because this is dumb. Let it go, your attempt to create an equivalency has failed. Use your 96th post to say good game, and get on with your life... There really isn't anything left to discuss here.

Not me, we. :shrug:
Yeah, lots of you alright. :lol:

I mean, if your position is to rail against progress, well, I guess I can't get too mad...it's really all you have left, and at the end of the day it doesn't actually change anything.
Nah, Im not against progress, Im just against hypocrisy- telling people who dont agree with you to suck it up isnt progress.

I just think you're more interesting when you're being, well, interesting.
Thanks. People have always said Im interesting lol

Acting like a dip**** on debate forums doesn't really leave much room for exchange of thought.

I agree, perhaps you should change your act then. ;)

Yeah, lots of you alright.

:shrug: If it helps, there's always an open invitation to join the right side of history.

Nah, Im not against progress, Im just against hypocrisy- telling people who dont agree with you to suck it up isnt progress.

Ok, then don't suck it up, and spend all your angst and energy railing about something that's gonna happen anyway. What you fail to get is that it doesn't really matter that much. I'd love to see as many people get with the program as possible, not because the last holdouts are needed, but because I actually care. The wrong side of history can be a lonely place. But you do you, bud. It's of no consequence....which is probably why folks like you are so salty. Which also doesn't matter.

Thanks. People have always said Im interesting lol

Meh...you're more interesting when you're not trying to be edgy... But whatevs.

I agree, perhaps you should change your act then. ;)

Oh, I get to be a dip****....I'm right. :shrug: :lol: You should try it sometime. ;)

So, that makes it ok to violate the rights of law abiding citizens? You're going to have to do a better job of explaining that logic...lol

Yes it does.

So, that makes it ok to violate the rights of law abiding citizens? You're going to have to do a better job of explaining that logic...lol

I've already said that communities should have the last say in these matters. Who do you think should have the last say in these matters?

I've already said that communities should have the last say in these matters. Who do you think should have the last say in these matters?

Until you don't agree with what they say and then, you say ****'em. Right?

You said that, not me. You like to do that. Put your words in other people's mouth's . It's kind of your thing.

The people of Mississippi voted to keep the state flag as is. Do you support the legislature ignoring that referendum and changing the flag anyway?

No, they are being punished because they painted over a mural that was put there with permission of the city.

I doubt they'd be charged with a hate crime up here, but you guys are fond of making examples down there, so I'm not surprised they went there. While hate crime designation usually is only used in extreme cases up here, it was hate. :shrug:

But, yeah, you'll have to excuse me if I reject your silly attempt at trying to paint them (excuse the unintentional pun) as victims. They did a thing, they paid the consequences. I thought you conservatives were big on personal accountability?

No, the city "permitted" speech, because they decided to bend the knee to growing groups of protestors & rioters. The same people who pull the exact same crap on a daily basis, as the people being charged.

The city apparently only cares for personal accountability, when they can use it to make someone into their own personal whipping boy. They're simply being punished too such an overbearing degree, because of both their message and their race.

Seeing as we actually have free speech down here. I can see why you'd be mislead on what we actually stand for.

Huh...that's quite the statement. Let's play a game, and see who can demonstrate a more cause and effect relationship to justify our statements. I think that will very quickly demonstrate who is more "idiotic". You go first.

If you were able to do that from the beginning, we wouldn't be sharing this quaint little conversation.

We have seeing such claims over the years, that it's cops overwhelmingly killing blacks. Yet people who mindlessly bleat that same saying out, over and over. Usually do their best to ignore the finer details of the issue.

Then again, I don't really care for that conversation at this point. Because you obviously weren't interested in it with your own offhanded waving of such a simple misleading statement.

As I stated, I was merely playing by the same idiotic rules that you employed. So you're free to scramble for some hollow excuse all you like.

No, the city "permitted" speech, because they decided to bend the knee to growing groups of protestors & rioters. The same people who pull the exact same crap on a daily basis, as the people being charged.

The city apparently only cares for personal accountability, when they can use it to make someone into their own personal whipping boy. They're simply being punished too such an overbearing degree, because of both their message and their race.

Seeing as we actually have free speech down here. I can see why you'd be mislead on what we actually stand for.

A year for graffiti is an "overbearing degree" of punishment?

Do you feel the same way about all the "tough on crime" laws that have locked away an entire generation of black men? Or is this selective outrage?

A year for graffiti is an "overbearing degree" of punishment?

Do you feel the same way about all the "tough on crime" laws that have locked away an entire generation of black men? Or is this selective outrage?

No, but if you consider the fact that they'll be touted as performing a hate crime. I don't see much choice for them, but to look towards defending themselves in the future.

My issue is with the charges and what can come of them.

Hate Crime Charges After Black Lives Matter Mural Defaced | Time

Hate crime? For defacing a mural? If that is the case, then why arent the people who bring down statues charged with the same thing? Pure hypocrisy and a violation of the 1st Amendment.

This is why I've always been opposed to hate crime laws. They are Orwellian and have no place in a free and liberal society.

If something is a crime in its own right, then prosecute the folks responsible. Choosing who to prosecute and how severely to punish them based solely on the ideas in their heads while they committed the act is the opposite of one of liberalism's most basic principles: freedom of thought.

:lamo No, sorry, Ob, they had permission from the city. Given that, the rest of what you have to say here is petulant, wet-diapered, temper tantrum baby bull****. :shrug:

If you were able to do that from the beginning, we wouldn't be sharing this quaint little conversation.

We have seeing such claims over the years, that it's cops overwhelmingly killing blacks. Yet people who mindlessly bleat that same saying out, over and over. Usually do their best to ignore the finer details of the issue.

Then again, I don't really care for that conversation at this point. Because you obviously weren't interested in it with your own offhanded waving of such a simple misleading statement.

As I stated, I was merely playing by the same idiotic rules that you employed. So you're free to scramble for some hollow excuse all you like.

I don't need to "scramble", Ob. The stats are what they are. :shrug: It's not claims, it's math. It's no wonder you're attempting to beat a hasty retreat, relying on weak insults and sour grapes to cover your dumbass statements. It's all you people really ever do anymore. It's all you have left. How sad for you...it would make pretty boring debate, actually, if your hissy fits weren't so entertaining... ;)

Actually no, I don't. I think removal of monuments and such changes should be made local. Have a public debate about it. But in case you hadn't noticed, state legislatures of both stripes have been doing a lot of ignoring the will of the people. And I'm sure if you ask them, they will say "the people elected us to make these decisions". Or conversely, "I'm only doing the will of the people". Kind of depends on the decision, the day and who made what contribution to whom.

:lamo No, sorry, Ob, they had permission from the city. Given that, the rest of what you have to say here is petulant, wet-diapered, temper tantrum baby bull****. :shrug:

So you're just going to spout insults and run away?

Fine, you're free to run.

I don't need to "scramble", Ob. The stats are what they are. :shrug: It's not claims, it's math. It's no wonder you're attempting to beat a hasty retreat, relying on weak insults and sour grapes to cover your dumbass statements. It's all you people really ever do anymore. It's all you have left. How sad for you...it would make pretty boring debate, actually, if your hissy fits weren't so entertaining... ;)

You haven't posted stats... so there's your lie right out in the open for all to see.
Maybe if you could actually bring some integrity to the table, you'd end up fairing better than you usually do.

So for now, you're free to keep running away OlNate.

We don't have freedom... Only certain ppl do

The wealthy, the connected, the PC

So you're just going to spout insults and run away?

Fine, you're free to run.

You haven't posted stats... so there's your lie right out in the open for all to see.
Maybe if you could actually bring some integrity to the table, you'd end up fairing better than you usually do.

So for now, you're free to keep running away OlNate.

Hey, Ob...why are you trying so hard to suggest I'm running away? You ought to know by now I don't do that. Just one more thing you're wrong about. You ever get tired of being wrong Ob? Apparently not.

I didn't bring the statistics to the table, because they're well known and easily found. They're so uncontroversial that they need not be cited. If you're actually unaware of the disparity statistics in your own country, well...maybe go get yourself a little education before assuming you're smart enough to hang on a debate forum. :shrug:

Seeing as you didn't actually say anything I need to refute that pertains to the topic, I'll leave you to ponder your options...though I'm sure my getting to read another petulant crybaby fail with my morning coffee tomorrow is a foregone conclusion. Zzzzzzzz.....

I don't accept anything, because this is dumb. Let it go, your attempt to create an equivalency has failed. Use your 96th post to say good game, and get on with your life... There really isn't anything left to discuss here.

Well, when one's chess opponent leaves the table and otherwise refuses to make a move, that's usually equivalent to forfeiting, so I'll happily call good game in that case.

They won't do any time. The prisons here in CA are overcrowded, and they let all the non-violent felons out because of the Commie Bat Fever.

Do they have a GoFundMe site for their bail/fine? I bet they cover that too.

This is why we can't have nice things. The left vandalizes all of the right's cultural memorials. The right vandalizes all of the left's. Bad monuments!

Equal opportunity jerks. It sure looks like unequal treatment by the authorities, though. This is what happened when a group of protesters toppled the monuments of Saint Serra and others in San Francisco:

SAN FRANCISCO – Protesters in Golden Gate Park toppled statues of Fr. Junipero Serra, Francis Scott Key and President Ulysses S. Grant on Friday night, spurring a national debate over the complex legacies of those historical figures amid a broader movement to remove what critics say are monuments to white supremacy.

A group of roughly 100 people pulled down the monuments displayed in the park’s Music Concourse near the de Young Museum and California Academy of Sciences, an eyewitness said. Police were called to the area just after 8 p.m., and said people in the group threw objects at the officers. The crowd dispersed around 9:30 with no arrests or reports of injuries.

One video posted to Twitter showed the group using a strap to topple the statue of Serra. Photos also showed people vandalized a monument to Spanish writer Miguel Cervantes, the author of “Don Quixote.” And parks officials said the group vandalized several other features in the Music Concourse as well, including sculptures, benches and a fountain.

Junipero Serra statue toppled at Golden Gate Park

Cops were right there and watched. There were videos. And no arrests were made. These were protests, but a lot of it was sheer vandalism. Apparently so was painting over the BLM mural on the road. Now, I'm hoping they had better reasons than it was just a BLM mural for charging the couple with a hate crime. Like, maybe on further discussion with those two, it became clear they did it because they hate blacks, generally. I think that's the way these things normally go, isn't it? But we don't know that from the OP.

Well, when one's chess opponent leaves the table and otherwise refuses to make a move, that's usually equivalent to forfeiting, so I'll happily call good game in that case.

Sadly, the chess game ended a good number of posts ago...but ok...hehe...whatever helps you sleep at night.

Back
Top Bottom