• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

18 U.S. Code § 2101 - Riots

Obviously Trump never crossed state lines yesterday when encouraging his lemmings to march on the Capitol- so this would not apply to him. But you always Trumpers need to give up on your absolutely lame attempts to defend what he said. And Rudy.

Yes, he incited violence. What happened yesterday was the inevitable consequence of Trump's words, and it won't end. It will continue.
no it is not a consequence of his words, not at all

and you wont ever end?

portlands riots-https://www.kgw.com/article/news/local/downtown-portland-businesses-face-rising-insurance-costs-decreased-coverage-after-riots/283-f29140a0-9442-44b0-b555-295c8697c509

no it is not a consequence of his words, not at all

Yes, it is.

and you wont ever end?

portlands riots-https://www.kgw.com/article/news/local/downtown-portland-businesses-face-rising-insurance-costs-decreased-coverage-after-riots/283-f29140a0-9442-44b0-b555-295c8697c509

I do not support violent riots. I always condemned this.

So did Biden.

But Trump? It's always with a wink and a nod.

Trump did this.

And Trump supporters need to accept that and also their own responsibility for this madness.

Trump supporters need to accept the fact that Trump is a LOSER who LOST the election and that Biden will be their President.

Yes, it is.

So did Biden.

Trump did this.

And Trump supporters need to accept that and also their own responsibility for this madness.

Trump supporters need to accept the fact that Trump is a LOSER who LOST the election and that Biden will be their President.

I blame Trump, personally, for what happened yesterday. I fully expect him to be removed from office before the inauguration whether that be by invoking the 25th or by impeachment.

Maybe now you understand why it is never a good idea to abide lawlessness? (Think Portland, Seattle, Minneapolis, Chicago, etc, etc, etc...) This shit never happens in a vacuum. It's always a culmination.

Because as always the democrats and their supporters are hypocrites who thrive off identity politics, who stoke racism and division, who don't love America and want to make "radical changes" to our country and many are destructive.

And the Repubs are not?

Yes, it is.

So did Biden.

Trump did this.

not a conseuqeunce of his words

Why do you keep making excuses for him?

Why is Trump, why are Trump allies in Congress, why are Trump allies in the media, and why are Trump supporters incapable of taking any responsibility for what happened yesterday?

It's pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. And now Trump cultists are trying to pin all this on Antifa.

antifa pretty much said let them get a taste of the boot, were out lol.

Yes, it is.

So did Biden.

Trump did this.

Never let them whatabout. You dont have to apologise.

I've seen statements from two different US Attorneys saying something along the lines of...'if we find that you travelled from our jurisdiction to Washington D.C. to participate in those riots, you will be held accountable'

Sweet!

Pretty sure that selective prosecution is unconstitutional. Not to say that these US Attorneys care about something so trivial as the constitution.

Anyone remember this executive order? Hasn't been rescinded...

View attachment 67312184

(a)Whoever travels in interstate or foreign commerce or uses any facility of interstate or foreign
commerce, including, but not limited to, the mail, telegraph, telephone, radio, or television, with intent—
(1)
to incite a riot; or
(2)
to organize, promote, encourage, participate in, or carry on a riot; or
(3)
to commit any act of violence in furtherance of a riot; or
(4)
to aid or abet any person in inciting or participating in or carrying on a riot or committing any act of violence in furtherance of a riot;
and who either during the course of any such travel or use or thereafter performs or attempts to perform any other overt act for any purpose specified in subparagraph (A), (B), (C), or (D) of this paragraph— [1]
Shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.
===========================================================================

It will be interesting to see how this plays out for both Trump & the rioters.

Well, Mr. Barr had investigated the rioting over the summer using this Code.
Its been used by the long standing Trump opponents as an example of his efforts to support authoritarianism.
So the way to look at this is will use of this code be an example of Democrats continued use of the law as a political weapon against their political opponents?

Oh he says he is for law and order but his conduct has been anything but. Even his own cabinet and aides are resigning over this.
his own cabinet has always been against him

the insurrectionists were incited. election interference professionals can't change that.

why di you ignore that he said to go home or be peaceful?

Three hours too late and under pressure from aids and Ivanka. Lets concentrate on Trump and his crimes.

not a conseuqeunce of his words

Watch his speech that day. It was a direct consequence of his words.

Well, Mr. Barr had investigated the rioting over the summer using this Code.
Its been used by the long standing Trump opponents as an example of his efforts to support authoritarianism.
So the way to look at this is will use of this code be an example of Democrats continued use of the law as a political weapon against their political opponents?

Trump incited a mob to riot & they did, by storming the Capitol & killing 4 people. The law is clear & was put there for just this reason. A political weapon against a crime? I don't think so.

Pretty sure that selective prosecution is unconstitutional. Not to say that these US Attorneys care about something so trivial as the constitution.
Selective prosecution? You mean selecting people that committed crimes?

his own cabinet has always been against him

Which would hardly be a mark in his favour, even if it were true. In any case they're in good company: 80 million americans voted him out. These rioters need to suck it up when their boy loses.

Which would hardly be a mark in his favour, even if it were true. In any case they're in good company: 80 million americans voted him out. These rioters need to suck it up when their boy loses.
dead people dont count...

Watch his speech that day. It was a direct consequence of his words.

no it did not, he said he will march down pennselvania ave, not storm the capital

Three hours too late and under pressure from aids and Ivanka. Lets concentrate on Trump and his crimes.
three hours? he said it when the news first come out

Trump incited a mob to riot & they did, by storming the Capitol & killing 4 people. The law is clear & was put there for just this reason. A political weapon against a crime? I don't think so.

It is since Barr was denounced for doing the same with respect to antifa.

wrong, they never said to march onto federal ground and desttpry property, please stop twisting words

Listen up dude. Rudy made it clear Wednesday morning. 3 separate links. That's not inciting violence? Do you have any English comprehension skills?

Back
Top Bottom