• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

153 UN states call on Israel to 'renounce possession of nuclear weapons’

It is the regional superpower that has the only true global superpower, at least in military terms, watching it's back. Why the need for nukes as well ? People are not suggesting they disarm, only that they give up their nukes or we see another on the other side acting as a counter balance MAD brake on Israeli militarism.

Unilateral disarmament. You do know what unilateral means. Right?

OP brought it up with this hyperbolic gem.

Nope, take some responsibility for your own actions. The " he made me do it " is a pathetic ploy that doesn't even address your readiness to do it anyway and in virtually every thread you post in..

Please fail again.

The only " failure " is your poor attempt to blame another for that you do with stunning regularity.
Oh, and before you cry about derailing you should reconsider your childish posts in the Palestinian weapons thread.

I accept that threads get derailed all the time here and not just in this subforum. It happens and I don'y " cry " but sometimes seek to try to keep them on topic, that's all. Where we differ is that you only demand that people stick to the topic in threads that you create that are aimed at demonizing Palestinians. Often times to the point that you

A Cry to the mods here

B Say it even if people are talking about the OP contents but just not the parts of it that you demand they should

This isn't about you though, so I suggest you stop trampling over everyone elses threads here for you own personal vendetta against me. It's rude and inconsiderate.

Unilateral disarmament. You do know what unilateral means. Right?

Of course I do but I wonder if you do , given the context. You see, none of their rivals have that weaponry to reciprocate the policy. Pretty obvious really.

Nope, take some responsibility for your own actions. The " he made me do it " is a pathetic ploy that doesn't even address your readiness to do it anyway and in virtually every thread you post in..

The only " failure " is your poor attempt to blame another for that you do with stunning regularity.

I accept that threads get derailed all the time here and not just in this subforum. It happens and I don'y " cry " but sometimes seek to try to keep them on topic, that's all. Where we differ is that you only demand that people stick to the topic in threads that you create that are aimed at demonizing Palestinians. Often times to the point that you

A Cry to the mods here

B Say it even if people are talking about the OP contents but just not the parts of it that you demand they should

This isn't about you though, so I suggest you stop trampling over everyone elses threads here for you own personal vendetta against me. It's rude and inconsiderate.

U2 brought us Rattle and Hum

Oneworld2 brings us Prattle and Whine.

The OP brought up Gaza 2014.... I posted why it happened.

I know facts like that trigger you so. Maybe you can not read what I post.

The name "United Nations", coined by United States President Franklin D. Roosevelt was first used in the Declaration by United Nations of 1 January 1942, during the Second World War, when representatives of 26 nations pledged their Governments to continue fighting together against the Axis Powers. It is an American idea and brave Americans have given their lives as UN troops. Shame on you to dishonor their memory.

Shame on you for distorting facts every single day on here.

Of course I do but I wonder if you do , given the context. You see, none of their rivals have that weaponry to reciprocate the policy. Pretty obvious really.

None of their rivals.... yet. Iraq tried and got squashed. Iran produces a fair share of over enriched Uranium and could have one if they really tried. And there are still nuke warheads in play in other nations....

Can you ensure an ISIS type uprising can't topple say Pakistan?

U2 brought us Rattle and Hum

Oneworld2 brings us Prattle and Whine.

The OP brought up Gaza 2014.... I posted why it happened.

I know facts like that trigger you so. Maybe you can not read what I post.

I know " he made you do it ", it's not your fault, like it's not your fault in the hundreds of other threads you off topic post in.

I know " he made you do it ", it's not your fault, like it's not your fault in the hundreds of other threads you off topic post in.

He didn't 'make" me do anything.... I assumed given past history he was ignorant of why Gaza 2014 occurred.

But, please. Continue the triggered outrage.

None of their rivals.... yet. Iraq tried and got squashed. Iran produces a fair share of over enriched Uranium and could have one if they really tried. And there are still nuke warheads in play in other nations....

Can you ensure an ISIS type uprising can't topple say Pakistan?

So nobody else that would qualify has them despite all the usual ifs , buts and maybes lol

Yep, first sign that anyone like ISIS ( who the US created by their follies in the ME ) got close to taking the Pakistani red button they would be toast.

So nobody else that would qualify has them despite all the usual ifs , buts and maybes lol

Has.... Yet.

Yep, first sign that anyone like ISIS ( who the US created by their follies in the ME ) got close to taking the Pakistani red button they would be toast.

ORLY? By whom? The Pakistanis who at many levels of government silently supported and financed and backed jihadist groups? And helped hide Bin Laden?

He didn't 'make" me do anything.... I assumed given past history he was ignorant of why Gaza 2014 occurred.

But, please. Continue the triggered outrage.

Correct, finally, so you decided to play your part in another derail of a thread anyway all by yourself. That's what I said you do in virtually every thread you participate in but then report people to the mods for derailing your own. Major league hypocrisy just as I said too.

There is no triggeredness here and your constant references to it are as pathetic as the denials in your posts about that which is so obvious.

Talk about the nukes and stop shitting over the thread and blaming others before you are forced to admit it is yourself too.

Correct, finally, so you decided to play your part in another derail of a thread anyway all by yourself. That's what I said you do in virtually every thread you participate in but then report people to the mods for derailing your own. Major league hypocrisy just as I said too.

There is no triggeredness here and your constant references to it are as pathetic as the denials in your posts about that which is so obvious.

Talk about the nukes and stop shitting over the thread and blaming others before you are forced to admit it is yourself too.

You are triggered... Hence the knee jerk posts.

Attachments

• trigger.jpg
    trigger.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 1
Has.... Yet.

Correct, so there is no real unilateral disarmement on nukes in that context. You argue just for the sake of it in so many posts its untrue

ORLY? By whom? The Pakistanis who at many levels of government silently supported and financed and backed jihadist groups? And helped hide Bin Laden?

Pakistan and Jihadists now ? lol

Control yourself and post on topic lol

You are triggered... Hence the knee jerk posts.

Projection.

Talk about the subject and stop showing yourself to be the really triggered one in every post you make.

Correct, so there is no real unilateral disarmement on nukes in that context. You argue just for the sake of it in so many posts its untrue

Pakistan and Jihadists now ? lol

Control yourself and post on topic lol

It is unilateral. the epitome of unilateral.

(of an action or decision) performed by or affecting only one person, group, or country involved in a particular situation, without the agreement of another or the others.

No where in the definition does it say there is a requirement for other parties to be able to reciprocate.

English. Get some.

Has the UN called for the US gunnernment to abolish its nuclear arsenal?!

It kinda does, man. You know me well enough to know that I don't excuse their BS. But without military superiority, the Arab world would have swallowed them a long time ago. That's truth too, man. They're never going to stop their skirmishes, but nuclear weapons will prevent it from going past a certain point. Based on how this vote went, Israel's counter balance includes a number of countries with nuclear weapons.

Now...that said... I don't have a problem with Iran having them either. In a perfect world, none would have them....but if one gets them, everyone should have them. Everyone should be massively disincentivized when it comes to destroying the world...apparently this is as far as we've evolved as a species, so ... yeah, nukes for everyone.
The periodic slaughter of Palestinian children and their civilian families in Gaza is more that "skirmishes". The Canadian government agrees with you.

It is unilateral. the epitome of unilateral.

(of an action or decision) performed by or affecting only one person, group, or country involved in a particular situation, without the agreement of another or the others.

No where in the definition does it say there is a requirement for other parties to be able to reciprocate.

English. Get some.

Unilateral disarmament is a policy option, to renounce weapons without seeking equivalent concessions from one's actual or potential rivals

If you are going to quote, it is customary to at least supply the link.

What " equivalent concessions" can any neighbouring state make considering they don't have any nuclear weapons ?

In my view, watching history, Israel's goal is to make every nation around her a failed state. It seems that Israel despises Iran because it is still organized and not weakened, and apparently, no amount of pressure on the US is going to force Us troops into Israel's bidding, at least this time around. Hence, the constant provocations including outright assassinations, a milder term to murders. Essentially, the world at large has been questioning the ethics of Israel's goals and sadly, rightfully so. Thanks!!

The United Nations General Assembly called on Israel to “renounce possession of nuclear weapons” in a 153-6 vote on Monday, with 25 abstentions. Israel was asked “not to develop, produce, test or otherwise acquire nuclear weapons.”
https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/1...renounce-possession-of-nuclear-weapons-651457

Need one ask who the six rouge states were who want Israelis to keep their 90 nuclear warheads while they daily warn of Iran which has 0? Well Israel of course and equally of course the USA/Canada which leaves three, commonly confused with printer's errors on a map and who let the USA do their thinking for them in matters of foreign policy: the Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, and the Marshall Islands. Could Pompeo find these places on his own map, one wonders. Some of us at one time considered Canada to be a sovereign independent country. Not any longer.
The UN is a joke. Israel is not going to use it's weapons unless attacked first. Iran, that would be an unpredictable mess.

The UN is a joke. Israel is not going to use it's weapons unless attacked first. Iran, that would be an unpredictable mess.
Unlike Israel which has an estimated 90 nuclear warheads aimed at its neighbors, Iran has none.

In my view, watching history, Israel's goal is to make every nation around her a failed state. It seems that Israel despises Iran because it is still organized and not weakened, and apparently, no amount of pressure on the US is going to force Us troops into Israel's bidding, at least this time around. Hence, the constant provocations including outright assassinations, a milder term to murders. Essentially, the world at large has been questioning the ethics of Israel's goals and sadly, rightfully so. Thanks!!

Wouldn't that make sense?

Oded Yinon, in the 1980's, gave such a speech outlining how Israel should seek/encourage the destabilisation/dismemberment of the neighbouring Arab states

Wouldn't that make sense?

Oded Yinon, in the 1980's, gave such a speech outlining how Israel should seek/encourage the destabilisation/dismemberment of the neighbouring Arab states

Enlightening and much appreciated. It's very important that the United States and the world at large resist a hard-line Israeli attempt to humiliate and subjugate her Muslim neighbors with provocations that are clearly - and globally recognized - as immoral. Thanks!!

Enlightening and much appreciated. It's very important that the United States and the world at large resist a hard-line Israeli attempt to humiliate and subjugate her Muslim neighbors with provocations that are clearly - and globally recognized - as immoral. Thanks!!

I agree, you look at the era Yinon was outlining these thoughts and you look at those countries are now. Sheesh. Iraq, Syria, Lebanon,LIbya maybe soon Iran , you can even see how they are driving the wedge between Gaza and the West Bank and scuppering the Palestinian attempt at statehood.

Back
Top Bottom