• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

1000s Of Cases But Zero Hospitalizations In Colleges: Good News But States Force Draconian Lockdowns

How many ways does this have to be explained to you people? We all know that the virus is generally not deadly in younger people. But younger people can give the virus to older people who can and will die. Namely, college professors, coaches, a family that visits...

Many of these college towns are relatively small towns that would otherwise be fairly insulated from the virus, but when 30,000 kids come to town they get overrun and causes hot spots in places that would not normally have them at all.
maybe the people vulnerable ahould shelter then and let the rest of the nation get on with daily life. We could save children from drowning by filling in all swimming pools as well. Youre a swimming pool filler arencha.
Herd immunity will protect those people far more than everyone hiding. We humans have evolved this way for a reason.

Last edited:
There is no cure. So we must live with the virus. That means protecting those most at risk and letting everyone else go on with their lives.

There is no cure for many disease. That doesn't mean that they can't be brought down to a level that we can live with. Instead of a one month or so serious lockdown we will be facing extended ruin for our economy for months if not years to come.

You have to understand that the US is the outlier in this matter. Most of the rest of the world is or has recovered to manageable levels. We lack leadership and the personal responsibility to deal with this problem

Stop making excuses.

Actually I have. Acceptable risk

Acceptable to you. Not so much for the dead and the families of the dead. You've thought nothing through except the selfish part.

maybe the people vulnerable ahould shelter then and let the rest of the nation get on with daily life. We could save children from drowning by filling in all swimming pools as well. Youre a swimming pool filler arencha.
Herd immunity will protect those people far more than everyone hiding. We humans have evolved this way for a reason.

Maybe the people who wouldn't shelter when it was needed will bite my ass. This would be under control now but for them.

Last edited:
How many ways does this have to be explained to you people? We all know that the virus is generally not deadly in younger people. But younger people can give the virus to older people who can and will die. Namely, college professors, coaches, a family that visits...

Many of these college towns are relatively small towns that would otherwise be fairly insulated from the virus, but when 30,000 kids come to town they get overrun and causes hot spots in places that would not normally have them at all.

Frankly considering what passes for a college professor these days, wouldn't be a major loss. But hey, I wish them well.

Frankly considering what passes for a college professor these days, wouldn't be a major loss. But hey, I wish them well.

It's always instructive to see who approves of the deaths of others. But hey, you added a disclaimer to pretend you didn't really mean it.

If you are sheltering why would they need to?

Because as long as the disease vector lives on there will be no recovery. The young providing willing hosts to keep the disease alive are doing us great harm. The economy will never recover this way.

That is assuming that you believe that no young will die or be disabled by the disease........a belief that simply isn't true and is founded in selfishness and a feeling that one is too good to be one of the victims.

If you are sheltering why would they need to?

Are you good with schools shutting down because teachers and staff are sheltering?

Are you good with first responders sheltering and staying home?

Are you good with the economy shutting down even more because a large portion of the work force is sheltering?

Of course you aren't. You post was all talk and little thinking.

Because as long as the disease vector lives on there will be no recovery. The young providing willing hosts to keep the disease alive are doing us great harm. The economy will never recover this way.

That is assuming that you believe that no young will die or be disabled by the disease........a belief that simply isn't true and is founded in selfishness and a feeling that one is too good to be one of the victims.

Herd immunity. Inform yourselves please. If what you said was true the human race would have died off eons ago. Lets face it, this is about control and it isn't going to work. How much flatter do you need the curves?

It's always instructive to see who approves of the deaths of others. But hey, you added a disclaimer to pretend you didn't really mean it.

College professors have approved of the deaths of many, read the news.

College professors have approved of the deaths of many, read the news.

And your response is to approve of their deaths? Nice.

Are you good with schools shutting down because teachers and staff are sheltering?

Are you good with first responders sheltering and staying home?

Are you good with the economy shutting down even more because a large portion of the work force is sheltering?

Of course you aren't. You post was all talk and little thinking.

Yeah, almost every one of them I have talked to thinks wearing a mask in school is silly. Your premise is that most people will shelter when in fact its the opposite. Most people hate the masks and only wear them to pacify the frightened among us. As we all know, cloth does not stop virues. This is about creating chaos prior to the election. After November masks will be littering the streets.

Herd immunity. Inform yourselves please. If what you said was true the human race would have died off eons ago. Lets face it, this is about control and it isn't going to work. How much flatter do you need the curves?

Could you provide a link to any scientific study indicating that herd immunity will exist for Covid 19? This is another meme being used for selfish reasons with little thought or science behind it.

Yeah, almost every one of them I have talked to thinks wearing a mask in school is silly. Your premise is that most people will shelter when in fact its the opposite. Most people hate the masks and only wear them to pacify the frightened among us. As we all know, cloth does not stop virues. This is about creating chaos prior to the election. After November masks will be littering the streets.

Totally incorrect. You "most" consists of a minority of very twisted folks.

Totally incorrect. You "most" consists of a minority of very twisted folks.

You probably still believe that China is lying, that their children have not returned to school, that their economy is recovering to the point that they will surpass us and that their theme parks are not open. And you probably claim that the left is drinking kool aid.

Sad man. Very very sad.

My response to that is I don't care.

This has been made clear by your posts. Unfortunately there is not way to run you out of the country.

What an incredibly stupid statement. Also, how dare you?

Even if we take the highest number you've posted here, COVID has already killed three times that number of people in roughly 6 months. 60,000 a year succumb to flu? Well, COVID has been more than three times as deadly in half the amount of time, WITH the population taking much greater safety precautions (distancing, masks, disinfecting, lockdowns, etc.) than they do normally.

Seriously, do you really not see how unbelievably stupid your statement is?

We do. My grandparents were locked down for months, with the only people allowed in and out of their nursing facility being the staff. The last time I talked to my grandmother, I literally had to do it through a glass door (she passed away, but not from COVID).

We do make old people stay home. And I know MANY older people who are doing everything they can to protect their health, just like I know many younger people who are doing the same. But the reckless jackasses who selfishly only think of themselves and their nonsensical political views have ruined nearly the entire year for the rest of us who have worked to be as responsible as possible.

That is crazy. One would think that every older person is in a nursing home if they listened to this junk stuff from the left.

Those who die are PRIMARILY those with preexisting conditions and the reason over 80% of those who die are over 65 is because of that silly thing called math that none of you like. The chances that someone who is older will have health issues is BECAUSE the body breaks down as we age and the older we are, the chances of having health issues increase exponentially.

There is no cure. So we must live with the virus. That means protecting those most at risk and letting everyone else go on with their lives.

Yep. Request that the elderly stay home. Most people over 65 are retired, anyway. Usually those over 65 are willing to make that sacrifice for humanity. It is mainly the ME generation of twentysomethings who rail over any inconvenience or risk.

Because many young people live with them or work with them.

Really? How many do you think that is? Are we living back in the 1900s on farms where gramma and granpa are living at home making pies and tilling the fields?

We did in Europe. This was in March when we had only a few deaths in Britain (35) but already recognised the severity and potential for the rapid spread of the disease:

Coronavirus: Isolation for over-70s 'within weeks' - BBC News

Meanwhile Trump was telling you it was nothing to worry about.

If Trump had demanded that, he would have been impeached.

Snake, we have a different system here in the United States. The president isn't a dictator as you would wish.

As Dr. Phil would say, how's that working for ya?

The United Kingdom has the highest number of confirmed coronavirus deaths in Europe, which is also an incidence of 62.29 deaths per 100,000 people in the country.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom