• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

1000s Of Cases But Zero Hospitalizations In Colleges: Good News But States Force Draconian Lockdowns

That is crazy. One would think that every older person is in a nursing home if they listened to this junk stuff from the left.
What are you talking about? It's not crazy, it's for their protection. Do you even stop to consider the stupid things you say?

Those who die are PRIMARILY those with preexisting conditions
Oh, well then it's okay then. Who cares about whether or not those people die, right?

and the reason over 80% of those who die are over 65 is because of that silly thing called math that none of you like.
Again, what are you talking about? Do you even know?

The chances that someone who is older will have health issues is BECAUSE the body breaks down as we age and the older we are, the chances of having health issues increase exponentially.
Okay...and that means it is okay for them to die...why again?

God, I swear some people say the stupidest things.
Most people over 65 are retired, anyway. Usually those over 65 are willing to make that sacrifice for humanity.
But they don't have to, if everyone else would quit being selfish. That's the thing.

This is not an either/or situation. It is a situation where we can literally protect those people so they don't HAVE to make "that sacrifice for humanity". And what sacrifice for humanity are they making? So that you can eat inside a restaurant? How unbelievably evil and stupid.

Not surprising, although I'd eventually expect some students (most likely those who are already suffering 2 or more comorbidities) to succumb. But that will all depend on their youthful vigor.

There have been deaths of individuals under 65. It is a very tiny percent. However, the vast majority of those cases so far exemplified will experience either asymptomatic results, or minor flu-like symptoms...and recovery.

The more we learn about this illness, the less of a threat it seems.

Yes were are seeing more cases, but as I've been arguing almost from the onset, cases does not equal deaths, it merely indicates those who have caught it.

Lot's of people catch the flu annually. 12,000 - 60,000 die annually...and we don't bat an eye.

Nearly 200,000 dead later, and you Trumpsters are still dismissing it as “just the flu”.

And your “evidence”? One right wing trash blog cribbing another right wing trash blog!

Slyfox696;1072616848]What are you talking about? It's not crazy, it's for their protection. Do you even stop to consider the stupid things you say?

As usual you didn't understand what I was saying. That is, that not everyone over 65 is in poor health or in a nursing home. Those who ARE in nursing homes are there because they have health issues.

Oh, well then it's okay then. Who cares about whether or not those people die, right?

Pointing out the truth is not wishing for people to die. It's like me saying 2 + 2 = 4 and you saying, "That's true, but I don't like it"

Again, what are you talking about? Do you even know?

Sorry for your inability to grasp logic and reason

Okay...and that means it is okay for them to die...why again?

Such hyperbole, which is typical of the hysterical left wingers.

This is not an either/or situation. It is a situation where we can literally protect those people so they don't HAVE to make "that sacrifice for humanity". And what sacrifice for humanity are they making? So that you can eat inside a restaurant? How unbelievably evil and stupid.

Not sure where you are getting your hysteria from. I said that the BEST way to have handled this was to request older people stay home and let the young people who are under 65 go to work.

PS. Been a long time since I've seen a post filled with such hysteria.

How many ways does this have to be explained to you people?

they don't care. Rush and Trump lied to them early on, made it political and now they will fight until their own family members/friends/community members die.

we argue with horrible people.

If Trump had demanded that, he would have been impeached.

Snake, we have a different system here in the United States. The president isn't a dictator as you would wish.

As Dr. Phil would say, how's that working for ya?

It's working very well actually. Our deaths are now in single digits, daily. How about America?

Why UK coronavirus deaths are falling even as cases are rising | Free to read | Financial Times

United Kingdom Coronavirus: 358,138 Cases and 41,608 Deaths - Worldometer

Last edited:
So are Swedens.

Next?

Oh wait, ..........so are Manaus, New York, Conn., Mass, New Jersey.

But YOUR country's plan worked better, eh?

What on earth are you on about now? Our total numbers for both infections and deaths are down and falling. Yours, on the other hand, are the reverse. "But Sweden..." You need to quit this; it's becoming the forum joke.

If Trump had demanded that, he would have been impeached.

Snake, we have a different system here in the United States. The president isn't a dictator as you would wish.

As Dr. Phil would say, how's that working for ya?

We have different systems because we have to many like you. Look at the states within our system that have done well with a turnaround with a shut down not even as draconian as China's.

All we needed was for assholes to wear masks, socially distance and get with the program for a while. What we got was refusal and probably a virus problem lasting years along with a smashed economy. I blame you.

What on earth are you on about now? Our total numbers for both infections and deaths are down and falling. Yours, on the other hand, are the reverse. "But Sweden..." You need to quit this; it's becoming the forum joke.

Can you nt read?

Sweden, New York, Connecticut, Massachussets, New Jersey, Manaus.

Look, I know you're not from around here but at least you can look this stuff up on the Coronavirus chart. When you do, get back to me on the deaths in say, the past two weeks in those places versus the death rates of three months ago.

We have different systems because we have to many like you. Look at the states within our system that have done well with a turnaround with a shut down not even as draconian as China's.

All we needed was for assholes to wear masks, socially distance and get with the program for a while. What we got was refusal and probably a virus problem lasting years along with a smashed economy. I blame you.

This asshole would knock the lights out of any snowflake who tried to force me to wear a mask UNLESS it was a private business who have the right to set the rules they want to in order to not be sued by snowflakes.

And a very sick one at that.

This is a Trumpster mene for people who can’t find Sweden on a map.

Sweden’s statistics are disasterous when compared to next door Norway. On the order of ten times worse.

And Trumpsters are still celebrating it.

Evidence please.

PS.Why don;t we make OLD people stay home, then?

Why don’t we make young people stay home? They’re the ones spreading the virus.

So that means lockdown forever?

It means wear a mask, socially distance, wash your hands and stay away from group activities so we don’t have to lock down forever!

Why don’t we make young people stay home? They’re the ones spreading the virus.

Spreading the flu, you mean, getting slightly sick and recovering and thereby doing what human nature has done for millions of years?

THAT is what you mean?

Not surprising, although I'd eventually expect some students (most likely those who are already suffering 2 or more comorbidities) to succumb. But that will all depend on their youthful vigor.

There have been deaths of individuals under 65. It is a very tiny percent. However, the vast majority of those cases so far exemplified will experience either asymptomatic results, or minor flu-like symptoms...and recovery.

The more we learn about this illness, the less of a threat it seems.

Yes were are seeing more cases, but as I've been arguing almost from the onset, cases does not equal deaths, it merely indicates those who have caught it.

Lot's of people catch the flu annually. 12,000 - 60,000 die annually...and we don't bat an eye.
We are closing in on 200,000 deaths is less than a year. This is worse than the flu.

As usual you didn't understand what I was saying.
A) There's no "as usual", since I am not sure I can recall replying to you ever, and certainly not on a regular basis. B) It's obvious I didn't understand what you were talking about, hence the "what are you talking about" comment I made at the beginning.

So, congratulations on cracking that mystery, Sherlock, with a lie to go with it. :roll:

That is, that not everyone over 65 is in poor health or in a nursing home.
Who said they were? So now you're building strawmans to knock down?

You've really got a knack for this posting thing, don't you?

Those who ARE in nursing homes are there because they have health issues.
Most who are in nursing homes are there because they can no longer take care of themselves, usually due to the physical infirmities of advanced age.

I'm not sure why that matters at all when we're discussing trying to save people's lives though...

Pointing out the truth is not wishing for people to die. It's like me saying 2 + 2 = 4 and you saying, "That's true, but I don't like it"
Seriously, what in the hell are you babbling about?

Old people do stay in lockdown, both voluntarily and involuntarily. I provided evidence of it. So your original statement to which I replied was stupid.

And, again, no one said you "wish[ed]" for people to die, only that you seem completely at ease if they do, just so you can dine out. Which is evil.

Sorry for your inability to grasp logic and reason
Given your inability to clarify, I take it you also don't know what you're talking about here. I'm not surprised.

Such hyperbole, which is typical of the hysterical left wingers.
Learn what the word hyperbole means before you use it again. It'll prevent you from sounding as stupid as you did here.

Not sure where you are getting your hysteria from. I said that the BEST way to have handled this was to request older people stay home and let the young people who are under 65 go to work.
And, as has been pointed out to you repeatedly, older people don't stay home in a bubble. They have to shop, they have caretakers, they have to go out in public for doctor visits, etc.

You're saying really stupid things, all to defend really selfish things. Are you aware of how ridiculous you sound right now to anyone with at least two functioning brain cells?

PS. Been a long time since I've seen a post filled with such hysteria.
The fact you consider reality to be "hysteria" is right on point with the utter stupidity your posts have routinely shown in this thread.

Nearly 200,000 people have died in 6 months from COVID-19. It's not "hysteria" to say people are literally dying because others are selfish. Stop saying such stupid things.

EDIT:
This asshole would knock the lights out of any snowflake who tried to force me to wear a mask
:lamo

Oh okay, I didn't realize you were an Internet tough guy. I'm sorry I took you even moderately seriously.

Last edited:
And a very sick one at that.

This is a Trumpster mene for people who can’t find Sweden on a map.

Sweden’s statistics are disasterous when compared to next door Norway. On the order of ten times worse.

And Trumpsters are still celebrating it.
Cult of personality becoming a death cult? Where have we seen this before? Hmmmm!

A) There's no "as usual", since I am not sure I can recall replying to you ever, and certainly not on a regular basis. B) It's obvious I didn't understand what you were talking about, hence the "what are you talking about" comment I made at the beginning.

So, congratulations on cracking that mystery, Sherlock, with a lie to go with it. :roll:

Most who are in nursing homes are there because they can no longer take care of themselves, usually due to the physical infirmities of advanced age.

I'm not sure why that matters at all when we're discussing trying to save people's lives though...

Old people do stay in lockdown, both voluntarily and involuntarily. I provided evidence of it. So your original statement to which I replied was stupid.

And, again, no said you "wish[ed]" for people to die, only that you seem completely at ease if they do, just so you can dine out. Which is evil.

Given your inability to clarify, I take it you also don't know what you're talking about here. I'm not surprised.

Learn what the word hyperbole means before you use it again. It'll prevent you from sounding as stupid as you did here.

And, as has been pointed out to you repeatedly, older people don't stay home in a bubble. They have to shop, they have caretakers, they have to go out in public for doctor visits, etc.

You're saying really stupid things, all to defend really selfish things. Are you aware of how ridiculous you sound right now to anyone with at least two functioning brain cells?

The fact you consider reality to be "hysteria" is right on point with the utter stupidity your posts have routinely shown in this thread.

Nearly 200,000 people have died in 6 months from COVID-19. It's not "hysteria" to say people are literally dying because others are selfish. Stop saying such stupid things.

Oh okay, I didn't realize you were an Internet tough guy. I'm sorry I took you even moderately seriously.

Paradox has been wanting people to get this thing and bitched about the selfishness of people that wanted to live.

Paradox has been wanting people to get this thing and bitched about the selfishness of people that wanted to live.

It's so sad it's nearly impossible anymore to tell the difference between people who post legitimately and people who are simply trying to troll. The people who are seriously posting so often say things far stupider than any troll would think they could get away with normally.

It's so sad it's nearly impossible anymore to tell the difference between people who post legitimately and people who are simply trying to troll. The people who are seriously posting so often say things far stupider than any troll would think they could get away with normally.

Im thinking the latest tapes wont hurt twump that much, waiting for an october surprise is only going to hurt. His base will never leave him so getting out the vote is the ONLY thing that will work.

And, again, no one said you "wish[ed]" for people to die, only that you seem completely at ease if they do, just so you can dine out. Which is evil.

EDIT:

It is too difficult and makes it unreadable for others to read to break out individual sentences when there are so many. Regarding me being an internet tough guy, I am also a real life tough guy,FWIW I just saw photos of those rich kids who were arrested for rioting and it is worthy of an OP to show what powder puff nerd they really are. IF this situation after Trump wins again keeps on, I predict groups like the Proud Boys will have to intervene if the mayors continue to refuse to do so and the nerds will cry like that guy who was caught with a flame thrower.

It is the height of hysteria to rail on and on and on over Trump trying to calm the nerves of the public way back at the outset BEFORE it was known what this virus would do, particularly in light of the fact that OTHERS, including Dr. Fauci also did. Trump is not an epidemiologist or doctor and any FOOL who hinges on his every word is just that.

I know YOU didn't and I don't know of one person who died because of what he said. All of your cries are fake crocodile tears born out of the hatred that the Goebbelsian news has instilled in the lot of you. I find it very sad how easily millions are persuaded by TV anchors and bloggers who work for the NY Times or WaPo.

New Data

=================

Remember the goal of flattening the curve?

Ensuring that hospitals weren’t overrun? Well, what do you call a scenario where thousands of cases result in zero hospitalizations? I’d call it the ultimate flat curve – or downright flat line.

Yet rather than recognizing the detection of mild cases among college students as portents of good news, universities continue to sow panic for no good reason.

After being open for weeks, college campuses have no reported deaths or even hospitalizations that I can find.

1000s Of Cases But Zero Hospitalizations In Colleges: Good News But States Force Draconian Lockdowns | Zero Hedge

Sounds fine until those positive college kids go home to see the family, then the cases climb along with the hospitalizations and deaths.

Back
Top Bottom