• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

1000s Of Cases But Zero Hospitalizations In Colleges: Good News But States Force Draconian Lockdowns

No one has enough food, toilet paper, and heating fuel stockpiled to sustain a total lockdown. Nor should they.

It's great to live in a country that cannot manage to do what a second rate country like China managed to do isn't it?

You should be embarrassed by the claims you make.

But have you thought through the simple fact that there is no alternative?

Of course there's an alternative, and many kids have been distance-learning from home. Look, a year or so out of school isn't as detrimental as you might think; kids are sharp (mostly) and can catch up. Of course it isn't ideal but there's enormous risk involved in sending kids back to school prematurely while the virus is still raging-to the children, school staff and those at home who could be vulnerable adults.

So you're saying that the "ME generation of twentysomethings" should not get a chance to date, marry and develop gainful careers?

Where did I say that? I a saying this ME generation we have today was taught by colleges and parents and those in their twenties are really the ones causing the problems and rioting. They grew up wither rich r middle class and don't know what it is to sacrifice and struggle. I am saying the, for the most part, they grew up without being taught morals because religion is waning (I am anti-religious for the record). I am saying that they have no purpose in life and latch onto anything that makes them feel superior and important, with riots and protest being their purpose.

God. It's like Trump Republican have no idea who is actually on college campuses.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. They haven't set foot on a campus. They're uneducated QAnon nut jobs with a computer and YouTube research.

No argument on the first three. "Stay(ing) away from group activities, defending on how you define "group" not so much.

I’m referring to protests, rallies, house parties, packed bars, big church gatherings etc. under the assumption that there is no social distancing or mask wearing.

People are and they have been for months.

Its getting better but compliance is still far below what it needs to be. More people are wearing masks but not doing it right. People are still having gatherings with no social distancing or mask wearing. 90% of people in this country are stupid. This could have been over in August.

Of course there's an alternative, and many kids have been distance-learning from home. Look, a year or so out of school isn't as detrimental as you might think; kids are sharp (mostly) and can catch up. Of course it isn't ideal but there's enormous risk involved in sending kids back to school prematurely while the virus is still raging-to the children, school staff and those at home who could be vulnerable adults.

I have no confidence things will ever return to normal if Biden is elected. There is no magic pill for Joe

I have no confidence things will ever return to normal if Biden is elected. There is no magic pill for Joe

Whoever is in power any semblance of normality is going to take years to establish. The virus is here to stay and all we can do is try to keep it at bay when a vaccine is eventually produced.
Global economies have also been severely damaged; there's no magic pill for that either. The recession is almost as bad as the Great Depression of the 1930s. It took a decade and a world war to recover from that.

Last edited:

Maybe so, but the donkey deserves to be prosecuted, not elected. He has the blood of hundreds of thousands of dead Americans on his hands.

It's possible that things will not return to normal if he's elected. It's certain that they will get worse if he's not.

New Data

=================

Remember the goal of flattening the curve?

Ensuring that hospitals weren’t overrun? Well, what do you call a scenario where thousands of cases result in zero hospitalizations? I’d call it the ultimate flat curve – or downright flat line.

Yet rather than recognizing the detection of mild cases among college students as portents of good news, universities continue to sow panic for no good reason.

After being open for weeks, college campuses have no reported deaths or even hospitalizations that I can find.

1000s Of Cases But Zero Hospitalizations In Colleges: Good News But States Force Draconian Lockdowns | Zero Hedge
The lockdowns were managed to boot Trump out of office.

The lockdowns were managed to boot Trump out of office.
If that’s true I am sure glad they succeeded.

Back
Top Bottom