• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

“Are you serious?” he said. “Now this war will just continue.”

anatta

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
i would like for the warhawks to describe how more weapons shortens/turn the war to a Ukraine victory?
After its passage last week, some members of the House waved Ukrainian flags while others cheered in celebration that Ukraine will soon receive new weapons ahead of Russia’s expected counteroffensive. Signing it into law at a White House ceremony on Wednesday, Biden promised the arms shipments would begin immediately and hailed what he called “a good day for world peace.”

The reaction here, near the front lines of the war, felt very different.

Oleg sighed when The Daily Beast told him about the events 5,000 miles away in Washington, D.C. “Are you serious?” he said. “Now this war will just continue.”

Oleg is from Saltivka, a part of Kharkiv city that has repeatedly been attacked by Russian missiles. A large majority of residential buildings, businesses, and critically needed infrastructure have been damaged. Oleg said that he is not pro-Russian, and does not want to live under occupation. He has seen some of the worst effects of the war. He has countless friends fighting on the front lines, some of whom have been severely injured or killed, and he’s had to move out of his home. For the most part, Oleg said he just wants the war to be over, but he knows that if Russians soldiers occupy Kharkiv, and discover the large number of friends he has who are fighting for Ukraine, he could be killed. Still, he does not think that the $61 billion in aid will help Ukraine win the war.

“In my mind, and all of my friends, this money doesn’t help Ukraine,” he said. “Our country has too much corruption.”
One man The Daily Beast spoke to, Vladimir 45, a construction worker in Kharkiv, said that the $61 billion will end up benefiting the wrong people. “Only for politicians, their pockets. They buy houses, apartments, and we have friends who are at war,” he said.

Vladimir and his wife, Julia, 39, live with their two children in a small suburban village on the outskirts of Kharkiv. The family hear explosions nearly every day, and their 12-year-old son is constantly scared of the war, and often has panic attacks when Russian rockets zoom past his home. Last week, shrapnel from a shot-down missile pierced Vladimir’s metal fence, and there are crater-sized holes in his backyard from where a rocket landed two years ago. Vladimir and his family have seen some of the worst aspects of the war in Kharkiv, and he said that they are tired of constantly living under the stress of never knowing if they will survive or not.

i would like for the warhawks to describe how more weapons shortens/turn the war to a Ukraine victory?
After its passage last week, some members of the House waved Ukrainian flags while others cheered in celebration that Ukraine will soon receive new weapons ahead of Russia’s expected counteroffensive. Signing it into law at a White House ceremony on Wednesday, Biden promised the arms shipments would begin immediately and hailed what he called “a good day for world peace.”

Oleg sighed when The Daily Beast told him about the events 5,000 miles away in Washington, D.C. “Are you serious?” he said. “Now this war will just continue.”

Oleg is from Saltivka, a part of Kharkiv city that has repeatedly been attacked by Russian missiles. A large majority of residential buildings, businesses, and critically needed infrastructure have been damaged. Oleg said that he is not pro-Russian, and does not want to live under occupation. He has seen some of the worst effects of the war. He has countless friends fighting on the front lines, some of whom have been severely injured or killed, and he’s had to move out of his home. For the most part, Oleg said he just wants the war to be over, but he knows that if Russians soldiers occupy Kharkiv, and discover the large number of friends he has who are fighting for Ukraine, he could be killed. Still, he does not think that the $61 billion in aid will help Ukraine win the war.

“In my mind, and all of my friends, this money doesn’t help Ukraine,” he said. “Our country has too much corruption.”
One man The Daily Beast spoke to, Vladimir 45, a construction worker in Kharkiv, said that the $61 billion will end up benefiting the wrong people. “Only for politicians, their pockets. They buy houses, apartments, and we have friends who are at war,” he said.

Vladimir and his wife, Julia, 39, live with their two children in a small suburban village on the outskirts of Kharkiv. The family hear explosions nearly every day, and their 12-year-old son is constantly scared of the war, and often has panic attacks when Russian rockets zoom past his home. Last week, shrapnel from a shot-down missile pierced Vladimir’s metal fence, and there are crater-sized holes in his backyard from where a rocket landed two years ago. Vladimir and his family have seen some of the worst aspects of the war in Kharkiv, and he said that they are tired of constantly living under the stress of never knowing if they will survive or not.

Either i stepped in something or what i'm smelling is cooked-up Russian lies.

Vladimir and his family have seen some of the worst aspects of the war in Kharkiv, and he said that they are tired of constantly living under the stress of never knowing if they will survive or not.

I guess all they need to do is submit to Putin and become Russians. Then they will survive for sure, just like the millions who "survived" the Holodomor, right?

I guess all they need to do is submit to Putin and become Russians.

Some are actually Russians who will rather not submit to Kyiv

Then they will survive for sure, just like the millions who "survived" the Holodomor, right?

Ukrainians were also part of the Bolshevik project. As a matter of fact Ukrainians had been junior partners in the Tsarist and Bolshevik projects. Georgians as well. For crying out loud Joseph Stalin was Georgian. His henchman Lazar Moiseyevich Kaganovich a Ukrainian.

Its historical revisionism the notion that Russians alone owned the crimes of the Bolsheviks

Poor Oleg. He appears to be suffering from war fatigue. There is no war fatigue in the west. The west has a good deal going for it; as Sen Lindsay Graham and David Cameron have pointed out; the west provides the money, Ukrainians the bodies. How can anyone in the west suffer war fatigue under such a deal?

What I find astonishing is the stark difference when it is someone else paid to fight. I recall during the war in Iraq- when yours truly was still as radical a neocon as can be- the aversion to casualties at the time used to astonish me. There was uproar at any roadside bomb. Compare that to the horrible toll in Ukraine by both sides. Casualties in Iraq was nothing

Everything I don't like to hear is from a Russian outlet.

Either i stepped in something or what i'm smelling is cooked-up Russian lies.
thats really pathetic. The people are sick of war -they just want it to end, and you call that propaganda/lies?
I've never lived in a war zone, but even a smidgen of empathy would go a long way to understanding the prime directive for those caught up in it is to end it

Poor Oleg. He appears to be suffering from war fatigue. There is no war fatigue in the west. The west has a good deal going for it; as Sen Lindsay Graham and David Cameron have pointed out; the west provides the money, Ukrainians the bodies. How can anyone in the west suffer war fatigue under such a deal?

What I find astonishing is the stark difference when it is someone else paid to fight. I recall during the war in Iraq- when yours truly was still as radical a neocon as can be- the aversion to casualties at the time used to astonish me. There was uproar at any roadside bomb. Compare that to the horrible toll in Ukraine by both sides. Casualties in Iraq was nothing
DA RUSSIANS!!
hey if Zelensky is good with making a good part of his armed forces into cannon fodder -why not enable it?

Afterall it's DA RUSSIANS, and you know killing Russians is a noble goal for those safe in the west

I don't see much input from you on the topic. Were you sharing the story because...?

thats really pathetic. The people are sick of war -they just want it to end, and you call that propaganda/lies?
I've never lived in a war zone, but even a smidgen of empathy would go a long way to understanding the prime directive for those caught up in it is to end it
Then the Russian people need to rid themselves of Putin. That will stop the war.

What's really pathetic is you exaggerating the opinions of five Ukrainians, one openly pro-russian from the Kharkiv oblast, into the conclusion that "the people are sick of war," which you translate to mean negotiation or surrender, at which point the killings of Ukrainians will continue.

On any rainy day, I can find five people who will tell me that it's sunny outside, then I can write an article that reads, "Why Am I Wet on This Sunny Day?" and a drenched anatta will believe for the rest of his life that it had been sunny outside.

Anyone who follows the war attentively, and with a brain capable of critical thinking, will tell you that the vast majority of Ukrainians know that negotiation with russia is idiotic and that this weapons package will help Ukraine in the war.

Aside from that, Ukrainian complaints about corruption and war are what any reasonable person would expect.

And then you pretend to have empathy for Ukrainians. What a psychopathic post.

What's really pathetic is you exaggerating the opinions of five Ukrainians, one openly pro-russian from the Kharkiv oblast, into the conclusion that "the people are sick of war," which you translate to mean negotiation or surrender, at which point the killings of Ukrainians will continue.

On any rainy day, I can find five people who will tell me that it's sunny outside, then I can write an article that reads, "Why Am I Wet on This Sunny Day?" and a drenched anatta will believe for the rest of his life that it had been sunny outside.

Anyone who follows the war attentively, and with a brain capable of critical thinking, will tell you that the vast majority of Ukrainians know that negotiation with russia is idiotic and that this weapons package will help Ukraine in the war.

Aside from that, Ukrainian complaints about corruption and war are what any reasonable person would expect.

And then you pretend to have empathy for Ukrainians. What a psychopathic post.
you ranting at me again? Simply STATING THE OBVIOUS -like in the OP the people are sick of war.
Of course you can excuse yourself from humanity and feeling that way, since it's not a war in your backyard
will tell you that the vast majority of Ukrainians know that negotiation with russia is idiotic
cite your claim
that this weapons package will help Ukraine in the war.
There is no "winning this war." - Even your hate for Russia and you love of Zelensky refusal to negotiate
should be able to figure out after 2 years of virtually the same front lines -it's a stale mate.

Id advise you to get grip on your posts, but that would be pissing in the wind for all it's usefulness

Is your name Neville Chamberlain?

you ranting at me again? Simply STATING THE OBVIOUS -like in the OP the people are sick of war.
Of course you can excuse yourself from humanity and feeling that way, since it's not a war in your backyard

cite your claim

There is no "winning this war." - Even your hate for Russia and you love of Zelensky refusal to negotiate
should be able to figure out after 2 years of virtually the same front lines -it's a stale mate.

Id advise yopu to get grip on your posts, but that obviousyl would be pissing in the wind for al it's usefulness

"Not a war in my backyard?" You don't know shit about me. Keep your mealy-mouthed assumptions to yourself.

No one in the history of mankind stated that this weapons package will "turn the war to Ukrainian victory," which was the only thing you had to add to your massive cut-and-paste job.

So your "direct question" is generally confusing for anyone with an IQ over 80.

That confusion has been pointed out to you. Your response has been to pout.

The voices of five people does not constitute "the people" of Ukraine. You get that, right? I mean, has that point sunk in?

Because if not, I fear that because you have made this mental error once, you will now do so weekly for the rest of your life.

"Not a war in my backyard?" You don't know shit about me. Keep your mealy-mouthed assumptions to yourself.
i reply to what you write.
dont like it, then dont dismiss the war as some kinna sunny day or whatever the **** you were trying to convey
No one in the history of mankind stated that this weapons package will "turn the war to Ukrainian victory," which was the only thing you had to add to your massive cut-and-paste job.
OP is cut and paste?? are you high or something? that's what it is

and YES the package has been sold as victory for Ukraine.. This is what they need: F-16 longer range missiles/artillery
Abrams tanks. .so just give a scenario how that translates to victory on the battlefield instead of slow grinding territorial loses.. Gotta love the warhawks!! "no we never claimed victory -we claimed we'd lose otherwise"
What the **** kind of strategic goal is that?? Endless war is a good thing?
So your "direct question" is generally confusing for anyone with an IQ over 80.
That confusion has been pointed out to you. Your response has been to pout.
yada yada
The voices of five people does not constitute "the people" of Ukraine. You get that, right? I mean, has that point sunk in?
who claimed it did? it's from Karkiv interview and someone on the front lines with Russian hardware flying past his house. Nobody speaks for all of Ukraine. certainly not Zelensky as well
Because if not, I fear that because you have made this mental error once, you will now do so weekly for the rest of your life.
"I got nasty habits. I take tea at 3" . (stones)

i reply to what you write.
dont like it, then dont dismiss the war as some kinna sunny day or whatever the **** you were trying to convey

OP is cut and paste?? are you high or something? that's what it is

and YES the package has been sold as victory for Ukraine.. This is what they need: F-16 longer range missiles/artillery
Abrams tanks. .so just give a scenario how that translates to victory on the battlefield instead of slow grinding territorial loses.. Gotta love the warhawks!! "no we never claimed victory -we claimed we'd lose otherwise"
What the **** kind of strategic goal is that?? Endless war is a good thing?

yada yada

who claimed it did? it's from Karkiv interview and someone on the front lines with Russian hardware flying past his house. Nobody speaks for all of Ukraine. certainly not Zelensky as well

"I got nasty habits. I take tea at 3" . (stones)

Again and again, your posts demonstrate a lack of comprehension of what you've read, either from the articles you quote or from the responses of other forumers.

For example, no one has ever said that "endless war is a good thing." Typing such a statement is a stupid thing. It sounds like a hysterical reaction to the inarguable claim that this latest Ukraine aid package does not guarantee the end of the Ukraine war.

Your posts perpetually miss the point. At first, your post missed the point of the article whose title thrilled you but the content of which you misunderstood. Then, you misunderstood the replies of other forumers to the original content that you had misinterpreted. From under this pile of confusion with which you are clearly grappling on a day-to-day basis, your peacenik-pro-russian stance begins to seem less like trolling than a simple inability to comprehend the world.

But you likely won't understand this post either.

Hopefully, it will be clear to everyone else.

The vast majority of Ukrainians where, exactly? In Crimea? In Luhansk and Donetsk?

The vast majority of Ukrainians where, exactly? In Crimea? In Luhansk and Donetsk?

Well, yes, on the borders where the fighting is being fought, Kharkiv down to Donetsk and around to Odesa and Crimea, as you know, you are bound to find more pro-russian sympathies than the rest of the country, so your point is well taken.

The writer of this article has written several other good articles. This one is certainly more of the hot-take variety, but an outsider making claim to Ukrainian sympathies is always a trap.

It is frankly dangerous for an article to be written in which an outsider can craft an article that makes an assumption about the entirety of Ukraine, especially a clearly incorrect one, because as we have seen fog-brained nitwits are going to read the same article and believe stupid things. And the excitement of imaginary learning should never be given to stupid people, because then they'll just want to continue learning imaginary things, and that's just cruel.

Instead, they should be placed in cages per custom and laughed at on Sundays after the rest of us have visited the farmers' market.

Last edited:
Is your name Neville Chamberlain?

No, if @anatta must have another name I suggest Henry Kissinger. In the world of nukes Realpolitiks kept the world safe during the Cold War

Back
Top Bottom