• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘Pure business’ at Biden-Putin summit: No hugs, no brickbats

j-mac

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
GENEVA (AP) — President Joe Biden and Russian President Vladimir Putin concluded their summit on Wednesday with an agreement to return their nations’ ambassadors to their posts in Washington and Moscow and a plan to begin work toward replacing the last remaining treaty between the two countries limiting nuclear weapons.

But the two leaders offered starkly different views on difficult simmering issues including cyber and ransomware attacks originating from Russia.

So the great summit was a hugh nothing burger...At one point Biden said he gave Putin a list of things that he wanted "off limits" for cyberattack...Are you kidding me? Does that mean that they can attack anything else?

What a weak showing...

So the great summit was a hugh nothing burger...At one point Biden said he gave Putin a list of things that he wanted "off limits" for cyberattack...Are you kidding me? Does that mean that they can attack anything else?

What a weak showing...
Translation: Putin did not surrender the Russian sovereignty to Biden. Thus, it can only be concluded that Biden lost this diplomatic encounter

What a weak showing...

Reality: President Biden refuses to capitulate to our adversary.

j-mac: Our President is a bad President for refusing to capitulate to our adversary.

Translation: Putin did not surrender the Russian sovereignty to Biden. Thus, it can only be concluded that Biden lost this diplomatic encounter
Indeed. I guess Trump preforming anilingus on Putin was considered " a strong showing" by comparison.

j-mac: Our President is a bad President for refusing to capitulate to our adversary.
Reality: Putin's greatest dream is to reunite the Soviet Union as a super power against the United States, and Biden brought a list of demands Putin will ignore. In addition, Biden is dropping sanctions on Russia's Nord Stream 2 pipeline while discouraging energy production in the United States to offset costs.

fly home and pass voting rights legislation before the Republicans make it impossible to win.
That legislation was DOA as soon as Nancy proposed it.

What a weak showing...
It was a waste of time.

I've never heard of a brickbat. Biden leaned on Putin. Win for the USA!
Biden laid it out clearly before they met. He did not personally attack Putin before the meet
It was clear to me Biden was giving Putin respect on the international stage. Something Russia always craves
Ambassadors will return
The tit for tat expulsions will be significantly reduced/ended- also increased local staff will be permitted at US facilities in Russia

There are new red lines, cyber on critical infrastructure need to be, and long term will be addressed

New talks on Nukes/new weapons will also be fleshed out

Only an idiot wants relations with Russia to worsen.

So IMHO we will see things announced in the next 3-9 months. After the Russian Parliamentary elections, in Sept.

Don't do that Phys, you're better than that juvinile crap aren't you?

fly home and pass voting rights legislation before the Republicans make it impossible to win.
You mean before Demo's loose big in the midterms don't ya?

What a weak showing...

Sounds like;

1] You have overly optimistic expectations

or,

You don't have the patience to see what transpires over time

Do you have an idea, which it is?

Indeed. I guess Trump preforming anilingus on Putin was considered " a strong showing" by comparison.
Deep throat was different under Nixon.
And that was bad

Biden laid it out clearly before they met. He did not personally attack Putin before the meet
It was clear to me Biden was giving Putin respect on the international stage. Something Russia always craves
Ambassadors will return
The tit for tat expulsions will be significantly reduced/ended- also increased local staff will be permitted at US facilities in Russia

There are new red lines, cyber on critical infrastructure need to be, and long term will be addressed

New talks on Nukes/new weapons will also be fleshed out

Only an idiot wants relations with Russia to worsen.

So IMHO we will see things aed line by as been drnnounced in the next 3-9 months. After the Russian Parliamentary elections, in Sept.
I'm glad ambassadors will return and that a red line has been drawn on cyber attacks. Nuclear treaties are always a good thing.

Of course Putin isn't going to admit he had anything to do with the cyber attacks. Are people crazy? But he's not deaf, either. Hopefully, President Biden had a little something in there to make Russia think twice about pulling it again.

Don't do that Phys, you're better than that juvinile crap aren't you?

Better than what?

We all know you don’t care what happens during any of this…

You prefer traitor presidents that undermine your own country and democracy to get the libs.

We don’t expect to get a fair assessment of the Biden meeting from you.

How can a several hours try, be a 'waste of time'?

We had a former President spend weeks with NK's Kim, to no avail!

Well, the President sure had some tough talk before the summit didn't he?

Told the troops in England, "I'll tell Putin, what I want Putin to know"... oooooh scary....

Instead Biden emerges from the meeting giving Puting the first presser, ceeding the upper hand in what happened in there.

Asked Putin pretty please don't cyberattack these 16 areas....Ok sure...

Officially dropped sanctions on Nord Stream2, while killing our energy sector...

Got NOTHING on the dissedent he's holding.

I'd call that less than nothing....

As opposed to all of the tough talk that liberals do about Russia....Liberals should be like "What the hell?...."

I'm glad ambassadors will return and that a red line has been drawn on cyber attacks. Nuclear treaties are always a good thing.

Of course Putin isn't going to admit he had anything to do with the cyber attacks. Are people crazy? But he's not deaf, either. Hopefully, President Biden had a little something in there to make Russia think twice about pulling it again.

Oh? Red lines? What Red lines? What will be the punishment if crossed? Another "Hey, stop that?"

Back
Top Bottom