• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘Delete them all’: Girl catches older men taking pictures of girls in bikinis on beach

LOL, so? Are older men not allowed at the beach?

Too funny, lol. 🤡

Oh so you're saying women should be punched in the face for having opinions different than yours!???

They're creepers. That's without question. But you don't have any standing to demand someone delete photographs of you taken when you are both lawfully in position.

As divorced from the specific topic here and as a very general statement, I have had that thought as well.

But there are gradations, are there not? Taking a brief glance vs. ogling vs. taking photos for later. I'd go out on a limb and guess that as a man, I'm just not likely to notice the full extent of how much women get stared at....
It seems like very creepy anti social behavior. There are cases of men doing stuff like this to kids and women and it leads to exposing themselves and public masturbation. If people did feel harassed and uncomfortable, call the cops. the police can ask him to leave after questioning him and possibly running a background check. While it may not warrant an arrest, it’s still not the kind of behavior to accept either.

Flowing these rules will get you canceled, fired or recalled.
So, exactly how does keeping your hands to yourself, keeping your pants zipped, and not talking about private parts get you canceled, fired, or recalled?

Voyeur. That's the correct word here. Thanx.

no it is not

voyeurism requires one to trespasses or otherwise surreptitiously invades the privacy of another to spy for sexual arousal or gratification.

Oh so you're saying women should be punched in the face for having opinions different than yours!???
You're playing two moves ahead with a guy struggling to keep up to one.

It seems like very creepy anti social behavior. There are cases of men doing stuff like this to kids and women and it leads to exposing themselves and public masturbation. If people did feel harassed and uncomfortable, call the cops. the police can ask him to leave after questioning him and possibly running a background check. While it may not warrant an arrest, it’s still not the kind of behavior to accept either.

That might very well turn something up

So, exactly how does keeping your hands to yourself, keeping your pants zipped, and not talking about private parts get you canceled, fired, or recalled?

suppose you ask a women if she is married, or has a boyfriend?

ask a women out?

tell them they look nice?

Offer to buy them coffee?

You don't have to be a Donald to get cancelled if teh women is "in a bad mood" that week. ;)

Heck, looking at a women can get you canceled if she is nutso enough.

What do your mother/sister/girlfriend/daughter think? To me, it's actively going out of your way to ogle them without their knowledge.
Then this is where we differ. To me, turning one's head to look at another person is not "going out of one's way".

And what my mother/sister...etc thinks is irrelevant. Whether an act is creepy is not determined by what some women might think.

Quite different to enjoying the view if a woman happens to be walking in front of you. Seems to me when I see other guys turning around for a woman they've passed it's most often the ones who while walking towards each other are avoiding eye contact and pretending that they're not interested.
There can be other reasons for that. Maybe they are afraid that if they look at the woman as they walk towards her, she might complain that she is being "sexually assaulted", and what-not. In the climate that we live in, this is a valid concern.
By implication even they think their actions are creepy.
Maybe those who have a low-esteem do think that. For other men, looking at an attractive woman, whether it's when they are walking towards her or after she has walked past, is simply a normal part of being a heterosexual man.

And another reason that men want to turn their head could be that they want to look at what the buttocks of this beautiful woman looks like. If her front is so beautiful, then her buttocks is probably beautiful too. So this could be another reason.

no it is not

voyeurism requires one to trespasses or otherwise surreptitiously invades the privacy of another to spy for sexual arousal or gratification.
Really? Do you own any dictionaries?

Please look at various dictionaries that are legitimate.

suppose you ask a women if she is married, or has a boyfriend?

ask a women out?

tell them they look nice?

Offer to buy them coffee?

You don't have to be a Donald to get cancelled if teh women is "in a bad mood" that week. ;)

Heck, looking at a women can get you canceled if she is nutso enough.
Relating to women for dolts, part two.

If the woman is a subordinate in the workplace, do not ask her any of these questions.

If you ask a woman a question, LISTEN to the woman's response. Respect the woman's response.

Just like the kindergarten rules. Easy peasy.

Really? Do you own any dictionaries?

Please look at various dictionaries that are legitimate.

LOL, I just deal in fact.

You could learn much from me, why not seize the opportunity?

They're creepers. That's without question. But you don't have any standing to demand someone delete photographs of you taken when you are both lawfully in position.

As divorced from the specific topic here and as a very general statement, I have had that thought as well.

But there are gradations, are there not? Taking a brief glance vs. ogling vs. taking photos for later. I'd go out on a limb and guess that as a man, I'm just not likely to notice the full extent of how much women get stared at....
Like Seinfeld explained to George. "Cleavage is like the sun, you take a quick glance so you know where it is, you don't stare at it".

Relating to women for dolts, part two.

If you ask a woman a question, LISTEN to the woman's response. Respect the woman's response.

Just like the kindergarten rules. Easy peasy.

If it were only this easy.

Out here in the real world, women are being bitches to advance careers, get attention, screw men over or just because they are ****ed up.

Don't believe me, just read about the women who have come forward to accuse Cuomo in NY.

Everyone of them falls into one of these categories I just listed.

If it were only this easy.

Out here in the real world, women are being bitches to advance careers, get attention, screw men over or just because they are ****ed up.

Don't believe me, just read about the women who have come forward to accuse Cuomo in NY.

Everyone of them falls into one of these categories I just listed.
It is easy. If Cuomo followed kindergarten rules (keep your hands to yourself), he wouldn't be in this predicament.

Video at link.

My thoughts:
1. There is no expectation of privacy in public. What those guys did was perfectly legal. Just as legal as what the girl did in videoing them and posting that video online.
2. I believe in actions and consequences. If you wear a bikini in public...you might just get photographed. I've always found the concept of a woman wearing something so revealing and sexy and then complaining when people look at her body, puzzling.
By the same token, if you're ogling girls in bikinis or taking pictures of them and get called out on it, that's fair game, too.
Free speech cuts both ways.
3. She had every right to ask him to delete the photos...and he had every right to refuse.

”I guess” to all of this. It’s just this is pretty normal behavior for cis males, and it’s cis males who make the biggest deals out of who goes into what restrooms. For me, it’s the gall of living in a society in which we know cis males make up the largest share of sexual creepers and they also make up the largest share of noise regarding everyone else’s genitals.

”I guess” to all of this. It’s just this is pretty normal behavior for cis males, and it’s cis males who make the biggest deals out of who goes into what restrooms. For me, it’s the gall of living in a society in which we know cis males make up the largest share of sexual creepers and they also make up the largest share of noise regarding everyone else’s genitals.
Gay males act the same way, just that the subject of their ogling is also men.

I think it's a guy thing.

Gay males act the same way, just that the subject of their ogling is also men.

I think it's a guy thing.

I have not had similiar experience, and on a macrolevel gay men have never/do not have the leverage to impact public policy as cis men have/do.

It’s not gay men demanding to stare at everyone’s genitals before they’re allowed to go into a given bathroom or participate in a high school sport.

I owned a bar with my wife for a couple of years, after I retired from the Army. We had a couple of guys who were taking pictures or our bartenders and servers. I immediately kicked them out, because they were making our employees uncomfortable.

Guess it isn't that simple on public property.

Then this is where we differ. To me, turning one's head to look at another person is not "going out of one's way".
A 180 degree turn from where you're walking is not out of your way? Seems like the very definition of it to me.

And what my mother/sister...etc thinks is irrelevant. Whether an act is creepy is not determined by what some women might think.
'Creepy' is just an opinion of course; but social opinions can be made a little less subjective by reference to a broader range of views from folk whose opinions we respect.

There can be other reasons for that. Maybe they are afraid that if they look at the woman as they walk towards her, she might complain that she is being "sexually assaulted", and what-not. In the climate that we live in, this is a valid concern.
For men of weak character perhaps, or for men whose objectification of women can't be disguised. Personally I figure that if I'm honest and respectful and someone has a problem with that, I'll deal with it at the time, not subvert my own behaviour out of some kind of hyped-up fearfulness. So far no-one's said they have a problem with it.

Maybe those who have a low-esteem do think that. For other men, looking at an attractive woman, whether it's when they are walking towards her or after she has walked past, is simply a normal part of being a heterosexual man.

And another reason that men want to turn their head could be that they want to look at what the buttocks of this beautiful woman looks like. If her front is so beautiful, then her buttocks is probably beautiful too. So this could be another reason.
On the scale from 'respecting her as a person' to 'objectifying her body,' where do you suppose this would lie? Again, opinions may differ, but it's not like you're deciding whether to ask her out or something (as might at least potentially be the case in many other types of ogling); it's explicitly and exclusively about getting your own momentary titillation out of her body.

Is it a big deal? No, not really, and obviously a lot of guys do it. Still kinda creepy, in my opinion, and that makes the point I originally mentioned it for: That some kinds of ogling being "creepy" is not something imposed by women wanting to flaunt their bodies only to attractive men; it's something which virtually all guys with daughters/partners/sisters/mothers understand on some level, even if the exact lines they'd draw differ a little.

It is easy. If Cuomo followed kindergarten rules (keep your hands to yourself), he wouldn't be in this predicament.

might want to read my post again

A 180 degree turn from where you're walking is not out of your way? Seems like the very definition of it to me.
I guess we will simply have to agree to disagree.
'Creepy' is just an opinion of course; but social opinions can be made a little less subjective by reference to a broader range of views from folk whose opinions we respect.
And what if between the two of us, we have a differing view of whose opinions we should respect? Maybe you respect the opinion/s of your mother/sister..etc, but I don't? And it's not because I actively disrespect them, but rather, it's that I don't know them at all, therefore I cannot say I respect their opinions?

There should be a better way to determine "creepy-hood", assuming such an act is possible.
For men of weak character perhaps, or for men whose objectification of women can't be disguised.

Men are not "objectifying" women when they check out any part of their anatomy. I guess you can make a case if they are staring really hard and for long periods of time then yes, the woman will probably feel uncomfortable. However, most of the times, when a normal guy looks at a woman's body, he is not reducing her body into a summation of objects that he would like to separately jerk off to. More likely than not, he is simply admiring what is right. He is admiring the beauty of the female form.

"Objectify a woman" is putting a negative spin just like "ogle" is. Yes, "he is admiring the beauty of the female form" is putting a positive spin on things. I did it on purpose to show you how putting a spin (be it positive or negative) does not help.

Personally I figure that if I'm honest and respectful and someone has a problem with that, I'll deal with it at the time, not subvert my own behaviour out of some kind of hyped-up fearfulness. So far no-one's said they have a problem with it.

On the scale from 'respecting her as a person' to 'objectifying her body,' where do you suppose this would lie? Again, opinions may differ, but it's not like you're deciding whether to ask her out or something (as might at least potentially be the case in many other types of ogling); it's explicitly and exclusively about getting your own momentary titillation out of her body. Is it a big deal? No, not really, and obviously a lot of guys do it. Still kinda creepy, in my opinion.
I think that your chief motivation is to respect women as people, and I commend that. And to answer your question, I personally think that for a man to look at a woman's body, is mostly a harmless thing, aka, not creepy. I guess creepy would be like taking pictures of her body without her permission or knowledge, or staring really long and hard. Of course, I know this is all subjective.

I'm trying to remember if I've ever taken a pic of a male that I didn't know personally without their permission or knowledge that I was doing so.

The only times I can recall doing so is when I've been watching bands at concerts and I along with pretty much everyone else there have whipped my phone out for some pics and videos.

It's pretty normal to look at people in general and that includes those you find attractive. It's not normal to want to take a pic of them. At least in my world it's not. Why would you? My phone has pics of holidays pre covid, my husband, my doggy, friends, family and other things I like. No pics of random people. That's just weird.

I have not had similiar experience, and on a macrolevel gay men have never/do not have the leverage to impact public policy as cis men have/do.

It’s not gay men demanding to stare at everyone’s genitals before they’re allowed to go into a given bathroom or participate in a high school sport.
I can't say I have had that experience lately either, I am an old guy now, but when I was young and good looking it was pretty regular thing in certain company. I actually enjoyed the attention, even though I am straight. I have always been an ally.

Nothing will boost the ego of young guy experiencing self esteem problems due to getting dumped by the girl you thought was the one, then an afternoon in a gay bar with older men buying you drinks and flattering you shamelessly. I accidently discovered that phenomenon once. I am eternally grateful to those ogling shameless gay men for helping me find my self esteem again, and making me laugh.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom