• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘Delete them all’: Girl catches older men taking pictures of girls in bikinis on beach

Drowning Man

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

A video shows a girl at Fort Myers Beach in Florida yelling at an older man and demanding that he delete pictures of girls and women in bikinis off his phone.

“Delete it now” appears to be an anthem for women rallying against men taking pictures of unsuspecting women in public places. From gyms to airports, women are using their phones to catch men in the act.

The newest viral video shows the person filming approach two older men sitting at a table under an umbrella. A man in an orange shirt is leaning over his phone when the girl approaches him.

“I would like to see you delete my pictures that you took of me and to delete all these other women’s pictures that you’re taking,” she says.

The man pulls out his phone and unlocks it. The phone was open on a photo of a woman standing by the water in her bikini.
Video at link.

My thoughts:
1. There is no expectation of privacy in public. What those guys did was perfectly legal. Just as legal as what the girl did in videoing them and posting that video online.
2. I believe in actions and consequences. If you wear a bikini in public...you might just get photographed. I've always found the concept of a woman wearing something so revealing and sexy and then complaining when people look at her body, puzzling.
By the same token, if you're ogling girls in bikinis or taking pictures of them and get called out on it, that's fair game, too.
Free speech cuts both ways.
3. She had every right to ask him to delete the photos...and he had every right to refuse.

They're creepers. That's without question. But you don't have any standing to demand someone delete photographs of you taken when you are both lawfully in position.

I've always found the concept of a woman wearing something so revealing and sexy and then complaining when people look at her body, puzzling.

As divorced from the specific topic here and as a very general statement, I have had that thought as well.

But there are gradations, are there not? Taking a brief glance vs. ogling vs. taking photos for later. I'd go out on a limb and guess that as a man, I'm just not likely to notice the full extent of how much women get stared at....

Last edited:
I would very politely, in a kind a caring manner

tell her to FO

I agree she probably has no legal right to demand they be deleted. Of course, she has every right to make sure the entire world knows what this creep looks like and what he does. And, he should probably be on edge now regarding whether any of those pictures were of minors.

But there are gradations, are they're not? Taking a brief glance vs. ogling vs. taking photos for later. I'd go out on a limb and guess that as a man, I'm just not likely to notice the full extent of how much women get stared at....
Agreed on all counts.

creepy thread is creepy

I agree she probably has no legal right to demand they be deleted. Of course, she has every right to make sure the entire world knows what this creep looks like and what he does. And, he should probably be on edge now regarding whether any of those pictures were of minors.
Even if they are minors, still legal. But yeah, those guys opened themselves up to a lot of hate from people online. If they weren't retired, I could see the companies they work for firing them because they don't want to be associated with the creepers.

And if the guy is posting them to a website for profit and not getting releases for doing so, they would be breaking the law, right?
Well, I really doubt that some old dudes with a camera phone are doing anything professionally...but, it's grey area.

I mean, a newspaper is "for profit", but they could use the photos without a release. Other types of "for profit" may need a release, however.

I worked with young women complaining about men ogling them. And the older ladies used to tell them, enjoy it why you can because they won't do it when you get older.

I can't imagine why those men would take pictures like that. I mean, if you put the camera in a large hat, with a hole in it's side, it's way less obvious.

I can't imagine why those men would take pictures like that.
Yeah, extremely poor taste.

But I'm a big first Amendment guy.

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Age matters.

No, unless done in an annoying way of course not. A woman doesn't buy a bikini because she doesn't want anyone to look at her. Everyone videos everything now. Get used to it.

This weekend I walked out on a motel porch - to see my little SeaDoo jet boat I had tied off (badly) being pushed by the wind and current out into Florida Atlantic Intercostal waterway. If I didn't get to it ASAP with would blown faster than I could hope to swim to catch it. So I threw off my clothes down to underwear (wallet, phone, CCW pistol etc in pockets) going off the end of the dock for it. 30 seconds later would have been too late to catch it as the further away it went the more wind it was catching. As far as I know, no one got a video and I would prefer such not be posted online as I felt stupid enough already. Then again if some woman had and was so wacko I became her pin-up and I knew, I'd thank her for the compliment.

If the men were stalking them or making comments, no? Otherwise, no problem. Nor is there any reason to think they were doing anything creepy.

Nor is there any reason to think they were doing anything creepy.

Disagree.

Creepy is a moral judgement. They were being creepy. And the girl had every right to call them out on their shit.

What they weren't doing is anything illegal.

Disagree.

Creepy is a moral judgement. They were being creepy. And the girl had every right to call them out on their shit.

What's creepy about it?

I can't really comment on the legal aspect, but when I was in a psych ward (don't ask), the staff literally confiscated our cell phones and anything that we could potentially take pictures with, so as to protect the privacy of patients.

And this one time I was standing in line for something, there was a woman holding a cell phone in a way that looked like she was filming this man standing next to her, and he literally reached out to push her phone away. Again, not saying whether he should have done that or not.

she has every right to make sure the entire world knows what this creep looks like and what he does.
Like what though? I mean she could perhaps put that man's picture on her personal website or something, but she could be sued, could she not?

I worked with young women complaining about men ogling them. And the older ladies used to tell them, enjoy it why you can because they won't do it when you get older.

Had something like this that I posted about on the forum a few years ago. Learned a guy who had been in our house many times had a poster of my wife on his bedroom wall. Thinking maybe he planted a camera in our house I went thru his door like it wasn't there for effect, then running him against the wall. "Show me!" It wa picture from her cheerleading days that he had made into a poster years earlier- they in the same grade back then - her famous pose. He quickly was taking it down, handing it to me - as I was apologizing and feeling like an idiot (happens a lot), certainly would pay for his door and to keep the poster. But he gave it to me rolled up. She took it back to him, said she remembered him, and it's such a wonderful compliment. But she's not available for real and never will be. Asked him to keep it to himself as it could embarrass both of them.

I can't really comment on the legal aspect, but when I was in a psych ward (don't ask), the staff literally confiscated our cell phones and anything that we could potentially take pictures with, so as to protect the privacy of patients.

Yeah, that's obviously not a public place.

And this one time I was standing in line for something, there was a woman holding a cell phone in a way that looked like she was filming this man standing next to her, and he literally reached out to push her phone away. Again, not saying whether he should have done that or not.

Probably not.

I don't have a problem with someone pushing someone away who is videoing in their face.

There's nothing illegal about being really creepy in a public place, and there's nothing illegal about a woman holding a sign next to a really creepy guy that reads "He's really creepy."

Like what though? I mean she could perhaps put that man's picture on her personal website or something, but she could be sued, could she not?
Well, anyone can sue for anything...but it would be a frivolous lawsuit. Just as the creeps have the right to photograph the girls, the girl had a right to video them. Again, freedom of speech cuts both ways.

Back
Top Bottom