• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Teen girls charged with murder, carjacking of Uber Eats driver in Washington, DC

You've repeatedly questioned why anyone would ever ask the question. Why would you do that then? Do you not recognize the value in the answer?

go twist someone else's posts

That the two girl lived on two different sides of town is of ZERO relevance.

You don't know that. But, if you do. Feel free to show us your evidence.

Speaking of twisting words:
Snag_9404a88.png
Snag_9405f19.png

The answer to your question has been given to you repeatedly, yet you continue to act like a broken record with your fingers in your ears.

It has to do with understanding motive and how the crime came to be. This can have implications on what degree to charge the girls with as well as proving mens rea. Understanding how perps know each other is pretty standard stuff when investigating a crime. It may also help identify their culpability in other open investigations.

Why do you think they shouldn't find out how they know each other?

These are two girls who are not old enough to drive, presumably go to different schools (living in different cities, states/district), and yet they somehow managed to be at the same place and time to commit a felony (murder) together. When there are two parties to an offense one of first questions they'll be asked when they're interrogated is how and why they got to the scene of the crime. This is important. What if one girl was the babysitter for the other and she says she didn't want to do it? What if the girls say it was part of a gang initiation and they were told by a third-party that they had to bring them a car to get in? What if they say they both worked a local store/restaurant together, in which case the police will likely want to ask co-workers if they ever heard them discuss any planning of illegal activity... Etc..

All of this will help the police understand where to take the investigation, it can also help the prosecutor when determining the level of charges each will face. The fact that you're not interested in the answer to this question or the responses you've been given shows you're discussing this in bad faith or incredibly ignorant. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you're just trolling, but if you have anything intelligent to contribute to the discussion I'd love to hear it.

I don't often agree with Calamity here, but you're just plain wrong. Stop making me defend Calamity, it makes me feel dirty.:poop:

So sad, weirdly reminds me of another young teen group who murdered an uber driver.

Ugh, what a horrible thing. Poor people just trying to make a living. Why is America so dang dangerous.

A question i have often pondered myself. America is the leader in mass shootings and gun deaths. Its not just guns, there is something wrong with American society post 1970 which results in acts such as these.

A question i have often pondered myself. America is the leader in mass shootings and gun deaths. Its not just guns, there is something wrong with American society post 1970 which results in acts such as these.
It is, and it's a very hostile vibe here. I've been to a lot of Asian, and European countries and have never felt anything similar to the fear and aggression in America. I don't know if it goes in hand with the "freedom" mantra, but regardless of if other countries are just as free, they don't go around demanding it all the time or even talking about it.
Kids hear this talk, from an early age, instead of the quality of life talk, they get the fight for your freedom talk. The, you can do whatever you want, talk. Definitely a different vibe.

Also our news is fear driven, and plays like a talk show rather than just the unbiased news. You rarely have stations divided into two party news like we do here.

The answer to your question has been given to you repeatedly, yet you continue to act like a broken record with your fingers in your ears.

I ask again, how on earth does it matter? 11th time I ask.

I ask again, how on earth does it matter? 11th time I ask.
It goes to establishing motive--answered for the third time, at least.

It goes to establishing motive--answered for the third time, at least.

and how do you figure the girls living on other sides of town is "suspicious" and needs investigation?

Please, just don't answer, this is silly.

and how do you figure the girls living on other sides of town is "suspicious" and needs investigation?

Please, just don't answer, this is silly.
Do they really live at those addresses? That would be the first question. No?

Do they really live at those addresses? That would be the first question. No?

I am sure in notifying their parents, as they are minors, would clear up any concerns that might exist in this regard. Anything else?

I am sure in notifying their parents, as they are minors, would clear up any concerns that might exist in this regard. Anything else?
They could be in a foster home; they might be living with a mutual friend, a gang, some older dude. They could be homeless and on drugs. Really anything is possible at this point.

The first clue that something is amiss is seeing two underaged girls from opposite sides of town hanging out together and stealing cars. See?

They could be in a foster home; they might be living with a mutual friend, a gang, some older dude. They could be homeless and on drugs. Really anything is possible at this point.

so?

So, I’m curious and dig for answers. No worries. I get that many others are not like me.

I just don't see how it has anything to do with the crime. No matter how they knew each other or how they came together, they committed a crime.

peace

Good grief, the ages stunned me.

Video available elsewhere show the driver hanging on to the vehicle as the little urchins drive off with it. Never a good idea, but I can feel the sentiment. It was his car, after all.

The girls likely will be charged with felony murder, but I doubt the youngest gets charged as an adult, and the jury is out on if the 15-year old will be either. Pity that. Crimes like this are not "juvenile" offenses.

Less than a dozen posts and someone brought "race" and "immigrants" into the discussion.

Why am I not surprised?

Pass the popcorn.

00 B1 - Canadian Activists.JPG

The worst of it is in the video. The victim is lying dead on the sidewalk, and one of the little monsters is practically stepping over his body while yammering about her phone being in the car.
The crime is horrible. Hopefully the human debris which committed this crime will be dealt with harshly, but don't hold your breath waiting for that. I'm sure someone will portray these girls as victims themselves. I'm positive they committed this act because of systematic racism in America. Kabul or Bahgdad is safer than many American cities.

The worst part is that this is becoming business as usual in DC. What was the response of the mayor? She responded by telling the residents of the city that they need to be more careful. It's basically the innocent resident's who are to blame because they are careless.

Never mind that the mayor's policies have decimated the DC police force.

This is happening in every major city which is led exclusively by elected Democrats. But the left blames the pandemic, racism or Republicans.

Good grief, the ages stunned me.

Video available elsewhere show the driver hanging on to the vehicle as the little urchins drive off with it. Never a good idea, but I can feel the sentiment. It was his car, after all.

The girls likely will be charged with felony murder, but I doubt the youngest gets charged as an adult, and the jury is out on if the 15-year old will be either. Pity that. Crimes like this are not "juvenile" offenses.

There is no such thing as a "juvenile offense" with the sole exception of recalcitrant child.

Children are tried as children for two reasons:
1. Children are not capable of reasoning as an adult, and
2. If you try them as adults, you have to put them in the adult prison the day they reach 18 years of age (some states even earlier). They'd be better off if you just shot them.

also a topic for some other day, why are we importing people from Pakistan to be Uber eats drivers? Is that one of those “jobs” with no benefits and inconsistent hours that Americans won’t do?

What the hell is wrong with you?

There is no such thing as a "juvenile offense" with the sole exception of recalcitrant child.

2. If you try them as adults, you have to put them in the adult prison the day they reach 18 years of age (some states even earlier). They'd be better off if you just shot them.
The human debris which committed this crime knew exactly what they were doing. They need to be secluded from the rest of society for at least 30 years.

What the hell is wrong with you?
So I can mark you down as in favor of displacing low wage Americans with cheap imported labor from Pakistan? Maybe if black Americans could get better wages at low skill levels they can start climbing the economic ladder and their kids wouldn’t be committing all kinds of crimes.

Children have the law of god written in their hearts. They know right and wrong.

These kids committed crimes because they exist inside of a culture that encourages crime, ignorance and Vice and furthermore tells them any negative consequences of such are because of racism.

Back
Top Bottom