• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Teen girls charged with murder, carjacking of Uber Eats driver in Washington, DC

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Good grief, the ages stunned me.
The girls, 13 and 15, assaulted Anwar with a Taser while carjacking him, which led to an accident in which he was fatally injured, police said.
The girls were charged with felony murder and armed carjacking, police said.

Video available elsewhere show the driver hanging on to the vehicle as the little urchins drive off with it. Never a good idea, but I can feel the sentiment. It was his car, after all.

The girls likely will be charged with felony murder, but I doubt the youngest gets charged as an adult, and the jury is out on if the 15-year old will be either. Pity that. Crimes like this are not "juvenile" offenses.

Disgusting little animals. I’m glad to see the felony murder change. Pretty crazy to think of a 13 year old doing something like this.

Disgusting little animals. I’m glad to see the felony murder change. Pretty crazy to think of a 13 year old doing something like this.
The worst of it is in the video. The victim is lying dead on the sidewalk, and one of the little monsters is practically stepping over his body while yammering about her phone being in the car.

Anwar immigrated from Pakistan in 2014...

Not the first time someone left a "warzone" to start a better life in the US, only to be murdered when they get here.

Ah, now it makes more sense. The guy left his car running during a delivery and the girls jumped in. That is not at all uncommon, as we all know. Turn off your car when you leave it.

His gofundme is over $200K now.

What an America way to deal with things.

The American way to deal with it would have been to let the girls have the car and collect on the insurance.

So sad, weirdly reminds me of another young teen group who murdered an uber driver.

Ugh, what a horrible thing. Poor people just trying to make a living. Why is America so dang dangerous.

Not the first time someone left a "warzone" to start a better life in the US, only to be murdered when they get here.
Shouldn’t it be emigrated from? That word has always thrown me off.

Shouldn’t it be emigrated from? That word has always thrown me off.
Yeah, technically that is correct, on both counts, which is why I just said "left."

Good grief, the ages stunned me.

Video available elsewhere show the driver hanging on to the vehicle as the little urchins drive off with it. Never a good idea, but I can feel the sentiment. It was his car, after all.

The girls likely will be charged with felony murder, but I doubt the youngest gets charged as an adult, and the jury is out on if the 15-year old will be either. Pity that. Crimes like this are not "juvenile" offenses.
After doing a quick check of the demographics of Fort Washington and the SW section of DC it does not surprise me at all.

also a topic for some other day, why are we importing people from Pakistan to be Uber eats drivers? Is that one of those “jobs” with no benefits and inconsistent hours that Americans won’t do?

in a way we have a crime that occurred because the elite decided we are going to displace low skilled Americans with foreigners who will work under low pay no benefit conditions and the children of certain communities of Americans who have their wages devalued and their employment reduced by said low skill immigrants end up committing crimes of violence against him. This is not a situation benefitting anyone.

After doing a quick check of the demographics of Fort Washington and the SW section of DC it does not surprise me at all.
Teens steal cars regardless of "demographic." That's why almost every county sends out warnings to not do the following:

1. Leave your car unattended while its running.
2. Leave keys in the car.
3. Leave cars unlocked overnight.

Teens steal cars regardless of "demographic." That's why almost every county sends out warnings to not do the following:

I’m sure that in Washington DC there’s a massive epidemic of auto theft by white teens from affluent families of high level government employees.
And I’m also sure there’s zero reason to believe this episode wouldn’t have occurred if we didn’t shaft low income Americans by bringing in third world immigrants to borrow money to buy cars so they can work long hours for no wages and benefits delivering junk food for cheap.

Three lives and families destroyed.

I’m sure that in Washington DC there’s a massive epidemic of auto theft by white teens from affluent families of high level government employees.
And I’m also sure there’s zero reason to believe this episode wouldn’t have occurred if we didn’t shaft low income Americans by bringing in third world immigrants to borrow money to buy cars so they can work long hours for no wages and benefits delivering junk food for cheap.
Being an immigrant may explain leaving the car running and unlocked.

Sad all around. From a socio-economic view I'm wondering about the parents of these two children and the circumstances that led to this? Hopefully it will be studied and some factual information can come out.
Lastly, I did watch the video and was struck how no one checked on the man obviously dying on the sidewalk initially.

Sad all around. From a socio-economic view I'm wondering about the parents of these two children and the circumstances that led to this? Hopefully it will be studied and some factual information can come out.
Lastly, I did watch the video and was struck how no one checked on the man obviously dying on the sidewalk initially.
The two girls lived on opposite sides of the city, which begs a question. What is their connection with each other?

The two girls lived on opposite sides of the city, which begs a question. What is their connection with each other?

friends, relatives, gang affiliation????

Just curious, what does it matter?

You may as well have said this about yourself, that is how it is received.

Just an FYI

Peace
Would you have preferred "sociopaths"?

friends, relatives, gang affiliation????

Just curious, what does it matter?
Everything matters. How did these two girls come together on that day and decide to steal the Uber Eats guy's car? Would you not like to know? I would.

But when cops do a "sting" (should be illegal) operation they go to Fort Washington and the SW section of DC. ;)

Everything matters. How did these two girls come together on that day and decide to steal the Uber Eats guy's car? Would you not like to know? I would.

How does it matter? Insisting it does it not explaining how.

Teen girls charged with murder, carjacking of Uber Eats driver in Washington, DC
Now that's a jarring headline on more than one level.

You may as well have said this about yourself, that is how it is received.

Just an FYI

Peace
I guess that makes me a disgusting little animal who never set out to steal someone’s car and got them killed in the process. I’m happy to be in that different league.

Back
Top Bottom