• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Teen girls charged with murder, carjacking of Uber Eats driver in Washington, DC

friends, relatives, gang affiliation????

Just curious, what does it matter?
It matters in trying to understand what happened and why. Granted it doesn't matter to the Uber driver, but if we as a society don't try, it's our social duty to try to prevent this from happening in the future.

It matters in trying to understand what happened and why. Granted it doesn't matter to the Uber driver, but if we as a society don't try, it's our social duty to try to prevent this from happening in the future.

HOW?!

How on earth does it matter how the two girls new each other???????

Please speak to how it matters.

How does it matter? Insisting it does it not explaining how.
How would it not matter to know the dynamics behind the crime? Weird position you're taking here.

HOW?!

It matters to socio-economics, social psychology (huge one here), parental psychopathology, law enforcement, criminal psychology. The point being, one must understand why something occurred in order to understand it. Applying facts and research may be able to avoid future occurrences. It might not apply in this case, I don't know but it's worth investigating.

This epidemic of people having "bad days" in America is insane.

How would it not matter to know the dynamics behind the crime? Weird position you're taking here.

again, you answer a question with a question. In all seriousness, can you not understand the folly in that?

By definition, that is nothing but rhetoric.

It matters to socio-economics, social psychology (huge one here), parental psychopathology, law enforcement, criminal psychology. The point being, one must understand why something occurred in order to understand it. Applying facts and research may be able to avoid future occurrences. It might not apply in this case, I don't know but it's worth investigating.

So, you are saying it may be of sociologic interest and may potentially be executable by derivative, fair enough. But it remains of no direct relevance to the crime which we are discussing.
It is simply a curiosity to some like @calamity.

So, you are saying it may be of sociologic interest and may potentially be executable by derivative, fair enough. But it remains of no direct relevance to the crime which we are discussing.
That's because my comments are not reflecting legality. Crimes do not begin and end only with the law. Ever hear of the behavioral science division of the FBI?

That's because my comments are not reflecting legality. Crimes do not begin and end only with the law. Ever hear of the behavioral science division of the FBI?

The direct relevance to the crime was clearly implied in the thread. That is why I questioned.

Behavioral studies were never indicated until last post to which I validated your contention.

Hence, I have no understanding why this post from you.

I assure you, I know about behavioral disciples. ;)

Disgusting little animals. I’m glad to see the felony murder change. Pretty crazy to think of a 13 year old doing something like this.
Not really... I had to stop one 13 year old girl from face stomping another as 4 or 5 others stood watching a couple of weeks ago.

Not really... I had to stop one 13 year old girl from face stomping another as 4 or 5 others stood watching a couple of weeks ago.

sounds like a lovely neighborhood :oops:

Sure, "Calamity" prefers not to remain ignorant. You can though. No worries.

Sure, "Calamity" prefers not to remain ignorant. You can though. No worries.

still waiting for an explanation from you
still rhetoric and substantive crickets

peace brother

HOW?!

It has to do with understanding motive and how the crime came to be. This can have implications on what degree to charge the girls with as well as proving mens rea. Understanding how perps know each other is pretty standard stuff when investigating a crime. It may also help identify their culpability in other open investigations.

Why do you think they shouldn't find out how they know each other?

It has to do with understanding motive and how the crime came to be. This can have implications on what degree to charge the girls with as well as proving mens rea. Understanding how perps know each other is pretty standard stuff when investigating a crime. It may also help identify their culpability in other open investigations.

Why do you think they shouldn't find out how they know each other?
It's rather stunning that someone would willingly choose ignorance over knowledge.

still waiting for an explanation from you
still rhetoric and substantive crickets

peace brother
Why bother? If you can't grasp the importance on finding out what happened, I'm not going to waste my time spoon feeding it to you.

That's the same thing I said about Colorado and no one responded.

Every senseless death is tragic regardless of where it happened or whom was involved.

Families are destroyed every day, and we only read about a small fraction of them.

Why bother? If you can't grasp the importance on finding out what happened, I'm not going to waste my time spoon feeding it to you.

I did not think you could draw a correlation.

peace

Back
Top Bottom