• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Teen girls charged with murder, carjacking of Uber Eats driver in Washington, DC

It matters in trying to understand what happened and why. Granted it doesn't matter to the Uber driver, but if we as a society don't try, it's our social duty to try to prevent this from happening in the future.
Ask yourself if our youth are being influenced by social media to respect our laws and other people and property?

My point was is that you do not understand the psychological construct of people... this is further evidence that I was right.
Of course I understand. I'm no psychologist but I know that people are products of their environment. Sometimes that environment contains abuse and neglect and the teaching gs of bad choices whether direct or indirect. Once again, it's about bad parenting. Good parents teach their kids to avoid peer pressure and bad people.

It goes to motive, as I explained. If the girls were friends out for a joy ride turned bad, we have one class of crime. If they were part of a theft ring, an ongoing criminal enterprise, we have a whole other animal.

How does where they live go to motive? That they needed a car because they lived far from one another does not change the charge and we already know they don't live near one another. Plus, how is motive needed when you have definitive proof of who committed the crime?
I will plead ignorance on this, how does it matter what the motive is, outside of hate crimes?
Drug ring or joy ride, is not the charge the same?
I see your point but my challenge was and remains, what differance does it make that the girls live in two different parts of town?

Ask yourself if our youth are being influenced by social media to respect our laws and other people and property?

You consider social media a teaching tool?

Kind of a silly post, no?

His gofundme is over $200K now.

What an America way to deal with things.

Well, we've come to expect that the government won't help in all too many cases, so crowdfunding has become a thing.

Apparently it's become contagious, because it's happened again: juvies stealing cars and killing someone in the process:
Happens a lot.

Apparently it's become contagious, because it's happened again: juvies stealing cars and killing someone in the process:
Awful. Over a joyride. Disgusting.

Awful. Over a joyride. Disgusting.
Well, it's not like juveniles know how to drive.

I remember the first time I snuck out with mom's car. That almost ended very badly.

You consider social media a teaching tool?

Kind of a silly post, no?

Depends on what you mean by teaching. Not all teaching is equal.

Do you think if a kid watches some kid try the latest "challenge" (whatever that might be) and something goes horribly wrong, might that be a learning experience? How about if they see a kid live streaming messing with police (maybe playing with a realistic looking gun) and they get blown away. Learning experience?

That said, I don't agree with the fact they were given a plea deal. Or at least not that deal.

Back
Top Bottom