• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Please take a look at this graph and explain Vermont, etc. Thanks!!

How does posting (and proving) that Fauci said we don't need to be walking around wearing masks then later admitted he only said that in order to reserve the PPE supply cost lives?

Please be specific in connecting those dots.

Out of context quoting is disingenuous.

He was correct when taken in context.

That is why both sides should be more humble.

Nobody -- nobody! -- should be so cocksure.

We are learning as we go along.

Being overly militant only angers more people and makes things worse.

(Just read that Israel is considering a 4th boaster shot!!!)
Will they be bragging about the 4th shot? LOL Sorry, I couldn't resist.

There are no excuses. There is a glaring discrepancy between states with high vaccination rates and the spread of covid. And that spread means that people had to be suffering from it for the state to report them as covid positive or they wouldn't be included in those numbers. So my question is, WHY. I think not wearing masks is only part of it. I think the lack of social distancing is part of it but I also think the vaccines are meeting more and more resistance, and their efficacy is waning. Thanks!!
You keep harping on "spread of Covid" among the vaccinated. Do you have any statistics about severity of symptoms, hospitalizations and death between the vaccinated and unvaccinated? You are probably correct that the efficacy is waning a bit since its been 7 or 8 months since the first people were vaccinated which is why booster shots have been suggested. Particularly for those with other medical issues. Some masking and social distancing would also help until a new vaccine and/or treatments are developed to battle the new strains. Until vaccinated people are a significant percentage of those being hospitalized there is no reason to not get the shot.

Out of context quoting is disingenuous.

He was correct when taken in context.
That's what I mean by sticking fingers in ears.

Look at the words in read. He admits that he was being less than truthful, or as non PC people say, lying.

Fauci either lied when he told us we shouldn't be wearing masks or he lied later when he said that he only said that to reserve the PPE supply for health care workers.

Keep turning a blind eye to it if you want, though.
Do you not understand simple English? Fauci was working with what he knew about previous viral pandemics; Covid was completely new and unknown. What else would you have him do?

Do you not understand simple English? Fauci was working with what he knew about previous viral pandemics; Covid was completely new and unknown. What else would you have him do?
They have to blame someone to alleviate their fear. With cons there always has to be a boogy man to rile up the ignorant base.

Look at the words in read. He admits that he was being less than truthful, or as non PC people say, lying.

Your insistence on taken his quote out of context shows a high degree of dishonesty on your part.

Fauci wasn't lying but you are.

No, he admitted no such thing. He clearly stated that masks, outdoors, were unnecessary and, at the time (March 2020), could lead to a PPE shortage if everyone wore one. At the time he was quite correct; hospitals were crying out for PPE equipment. But hey, like McCarthy and the fictitious 'Red Scare', you need an enemy to attack..

Oh . . . tell the truth?

Why did he not say, I'm working with what I know about previous viral pandemics, but COVID is completely new and unknown, so I can't say right not whether ordinary people need to walk around with masks.

What would that be called? The truth.

I'll tell you why he did not say that. That would not have helped his agenda of reserving PPE for the people "who need it," which to him was his fellow healthcare workers. So instead of saying "I don't know" which would have been the truth, he was dismissive and even racist about the idea of ordinary people wearing masks.

Listen to his voice when he says, "it might stop . . . a droplet . . . . Listen to how he disparages Asian countries whose ordinary citizens have been wearing masks for years.

The point is, they are rising. And they shouldn't be. The biggest rise in cases was in - of all places - Maine, with a 72 percent vaccination rate!! And that makes no sense at all because this is the time of year that most people are enjoying the outdoors in Maine. FLORIDA is going down, in part because the kids are headed back to school so all the vacationers are finally heading home. Florida had 26 MILLION visitors in the first three months of this year alone. And southern states are humid, with people clustered in air conditioning. So the northern states shouldn't be spiking the way they are. So it's definitely a mask issue but without a doubt, these vaccines aren't doing the job. It's time for Big Pharma to fess up. Thanks!!
Um why shouldn't they be?
You still have a large population unvaccinated. And no vaccine is 100%.
Vermont increase..is nothing like states with much less vaccination..especially hospitalizations and deaths.

Last edited:
Oh . . . tell the truth?

Why did he not say, I'm working with what I know about previous viral pandemics, but COVID is completely new and unknown, so I can't say right not whether ordinary people need to walk around with masks.

I'll tell you why he did not say that. That would not have helped his agenda of reserving PPE for the people "who need it," which to him was his fellow healthcare workers. So instead of saying "I don't know" which would have been the truth, he was dismissive and even racist about the idea of ordinary people wearing masks.

Listen to his voice when he says, "it might stop . . . a droplet . . . . Listen to how he disparages Asian countries whose ordinary citizens have been wearing masks for years.
"Racist" lol. This is like debating with a 9 year-old. No, he did not "disparage" those nations. He clearly said if they want to wear masks, let them. How is that a disparaging comment other than in your partisan imagination?

Oh . . . tell the truth?

Quotes out of context.

Dishonest.

Reuters is a news agency.
Yes, I know, Never the less, this information is on their site, so I credit Reuters to put it together and put it out there. Playing semantics, SS. Question for you: do you still consider the vaccinated cases of covid "breakthroughs" as was originally touted?? Thanks!!

You keep harping on "spread of Covid" among the vaccinated. Do you have any statistics about severity of symptoms, hospitalizations and death between the vaccinated and unvaccinated? You are probably correct that the efficacy is waning a bit since its been 7 or 8 months since the first people were vaccinated which is why booster shots have been suggested. Particularly for those with other medical issues. Some masking and social distancing would also help until a new vaccine and/or treatments are developed to battle the new strains. Until vaccinated people are a significant percentage of those being hospitalized there is no reason to not get the shot.
70 percent vaccinated in Vermont should tip the threshold for herd immunity, but it hasn't. Any theory as to why that is?? Now, to me, these vaccinated cases should no longer be labeled "breakthroughs." They're not. They're exposures. And these people have to be feeling pretty bad to be dragging themselves off for treatment, so the numbers are probably conservative. Do I think the vaccines are effective?? No. I think we need to go back to social distancing and masks, and figure out another way to tackle this problem. Thanks!!

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE OP HAS COMPLETELY MISREPRESENTED THE GRAPH IN THE OP!

Here’s the actual headline on this particular graph:

“Where the highest share of the population has been vaccinated”​

That’s all that this graph shows. This particular graph has nothing to do with the OP headline of “where the cases are the greatest”.
Just more total dishonesty from an anti-vaxxer. Fully to be expected. Shameful.

Last edited:
Fauci either lied when he told us we shouldn't be wearing masks or he lied later when he said that he only said that to reserve the PPE supply for health care workers.

We already covered this in another thread - I showed you other interviews of Fauci where was more explicit saying it was 2 factors - PPE for health care workers vs spread of the virus. Once he / they found the asymptomatic spread of virus was responsible for a large part of transmissions, masking everywhere became more important than PPE for healthcare workers. So yes, it's no surprise in one interview he only mentioned PPE - because that was the factor driving the decision BEFORE they knew asymptomatic spread was as bad as it turned out to be.

70 percent vaccinated in Vermont should tip the threshold for herd immunity, but it hasn't. Any theory as to why that is?? Now, to me, these vaccinated cases should no longer be labeled "breakthroughs." They're not. They're exposures. And these people have to be feeling pretty bad to be dragging themselves off for treatment, so the numbers are probably conservative. Do I think the vaccines are effective?? No. I think we need to go back to social distancing and masks, and figure out another way to tackle this problem. Thanks!!
There are currently 33 people in the hospital in Vermont related to Covid, 12 in the ICU. I can't find how many were vaccinated but I bet its a small minority. The fact there are so few in total even with rising rates of transmission shows the vaccinations are working or do you have another explanation for the very low rate of hospitalizations?

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE OP HAS COMPLETELY MISREPRESENTED THE GRAPH IN THE OP!

Here’s the actual headline on this particular graph:

“Where the highest share of the population has been vaccinated”​

That’s all that this graph shows. This particular graph has nothing to do with the OP headline of “where the cases are the greatest”.
Just more total dishonesty from an anti-vaxxer. Fully to be expected. Shameful.
You mean he lied? Say it isn't so.

You mean he lied? Say it isn't so.

When do they not? I'm sure that you are like me and automatically check each and every statement made by a right winger for (lack of) accuracy. The OP didn't make a lick of sense as posted. Never take anything that a right wingers says at face value.m. Ever.

Last edited:
The
There are currently 33 people in the hospital in Vermont related to Covid, 12 in the ICU. I can't find how many were vaccinated but I bet its a small minority. The fact there are so few in total even with rising rates of transmission shows the vaccinations are working or do you have another explanation for the very low rate of hospitalizations?
You're not going to like this but here it is - and I have a BUNCH of em. Here's Syracuse, NY:

Syracuse, N.Y. — The percentage of Covid-19 patients who had been fully vaccinated has climbed sharply in Syracuse hospitals this summer.

Numbers just released by Onondaga County show that while fully vaccinated people are still far less likely than the unvaccinated to be hospitalized, the gap has gotten smaller.

From March 1 to June 30, the unvaccinated or partially vaccinated were hospitalized at a rate 7 times higher than the fully vaccinated. In July and August, however, that rate had dropped by more than half: The unvaccinated were about 3 times more likely to be hospitalized during July and August. https://www.syracuse.com/coronaviru...p-in-hospitals-this-summer-with-covid-19.html

Here's Israel:

The majority of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) patients in an Israeli hospital are fully vaccinated, including those with severe disease, according to one of the hospital’s doctors.
On Aug. 5, Dr. Kobi Haviv, medical director of Herzog Hospital in Jerusalem, said in a Channel 13 TV News interview, “95% of the severe patients are vaccinated.” Furthermore, “85-90% of the hospitalizations are in fully vaccinated people” and the hospital is “opening more and more COVID wards.”

Then there's the Mu variant, right on time:
Now the CDC has no interest in keeping track of the vaccinated that wind up in er, and for good reason. Wouldn't look good. So, I have to dig for that kind of information, but the above should give you an idea. Thanks!!

The

You're not going to like this but here it is - and I have a BUNCH of em. Here's Syracuse, NY:

Syracuse, N.Y. — The percentage of Covid-19 patients who had been fully vaccinated has climbed sharply in Syracuse hospitals this summer.

Numbers just released by Onondaga County show that while fully vaccinated people are still far less likely than the unvaccinated to be hospitalized, the gap has gotten smaller.

From March 1 to June 30, the unvaccinated or partially vaccinated were hospitalized at a rate 7 times higher than the fully vaccinated. In July and August, however, that rate had dropped by more than half: The unvaccinated were about 3 times more likely to be hospitalized during July and August. https://www.syracuse.com/coronaviru...p-in-hospitals-this-summer-with-covid-19.html

Here's Israel:

The majority of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) patients in an Israeli hospital are fully vaccinated, including those with severe disease, according to one of the hospital’s doctors.
On Aug. 5, Dr. Kobi Haviv, medical director of Herzog Hospital in Jerusalem, said in a Channel 13 TV News interview, “95% of the severe patients are vaccinated.” Furthermore, “85-90% of the hospitalizations are in fully vaccinated people” and the hospital is “opening more and more COVID wards.”

Then there's the Mu variant, right on time:
Now the CDC has no interest in keeping track of the vaccinated that wind up in er, and for good reason. Wouldn't look good. So, I have to dig for that kind of information, but the above should give you an idea. Thanks!!
From your Israel artice:

However, critics have asked why the public should take a risk with experimental vaccines if early treatment with cheap and effective drugs such as ivermectin significantly reduce the risk of severe illness and death from COVID-19.

Seems there is some misinformation and the bent of the article seems antivax with an agenda. You still haven't explained Vermont with only 33 hospitalized patients. But by all means take the ivermectin. If nothing else you will be dewormed assuming it doesn't kill you.

I
StateFirst doseFully vaccinatedTotal doses
United States62.3%53.0%374,488,924
Vermont76.4%68.1%877,406
Massachusetts75.7%66.3%9,527,318
Puerto Rico75.2%63.9%4,304,242
Hawaii74.7%55.7%1,799,439
Connecticut74.1%66.4%4,856,545
Rhode Island72.2%65.3%1,404,114
Maine72.0%66.2%1,755,264
New Mexico70.6%60.6%2,673,704
New Jersey70.4%62.0%11,103,350
Pennsylvania69.9%55.6%15,536,659
Show more states

To understand, you need to refer to the link to get the full picture. Vermont has the highest vaccination rate in the nation. So why does it have such a high covid rate as of late?? I'll take a guess. Because vaccinated people don't seem to understand that they can STILL GET covid and spread it. So they don't wear masks and/or the vaccines may not be that effective. Thanks!!

The 7-day average cases/100k rate in VT is less than half that of the nation as a whole.

1630958948052.png

1630959009212.png

Back
Top Bottom