• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Please take a look at this graph and explain Vermont, etc. Thanks!!

That of course, it totally incorrect. But, real world data doesn't mean a darn thing to you , does it? You realize that the people who are in the ICU are 90%+ unvaccinated,?
There's another bullsh*t statistic. But let's assume you're right, Ramoss. That means ten percent ARE vaccinated?? That's a pretty hefty number. What the hell are THEY doing there?? Thanks!!

There's another bullsh*t statistic. But let's assume you're right, Ramoss. That means ten percent ARE vaccinated?? That's a pretty hefty number. What the hell are THEY doing there?? Thanks!!
Yes.. vaccinations are not 100%, and the ones that are vaccinated that hit the ICU are 1) The elderly 2) people who take steriod medications and 3) People who have compromised immune systems or take medications that reduce the immune system response (transplant patients for example). It was well known that those people would not have a great an immune response to the vaccine (and why they are going to be given priority for the boosters).

And, 99%+ of the fatalities are among the unvaxxinated.

Yes.. vaccinations are not 100%, and the ones that are vaccinated that hit the ICU are 1) The elderly 2) people who take steriod medications and 3) People who have compromised immune systems or take medications that reduce the immune system response (transplant patients for example). It was well known that those people would not have a great an immune response to the vaccine (and why they are going to be given priority for the boosters).

And, 99%+ of the fatalities are among the unvaxxinated.

The vaccines don't work the way they should, plain and simple. Thanks!!

You are not supporting your claim. But, never the less, feel free NOT to get vaccinated, go to bars with other unvaccinated unmasked people, and have a great time.

The FDA made as big a blunder as can be made when it removed the mask guidelines. 😷
Inexcusablelly ignorant of them.
laughing-laugh.gif

Masks are not a cure for covid!!!

You are not supporting your claim. But, never the less, feel free NOT to get vaccinated, go to bars with other unvaccinated unmasked people, and have a great time.
Maybe that's the difference between you and me. I don't go to bars because of the risk. I do wear a mask when in crowds or at work. And my cohorts where masks when we're working together. Thanks!!

Let me explain something to you. When anybody presents "data" by saying that you are "4.6 times" more likely to have this happen or that happen, don't believe em. Because it's absolute bullsh*t. They don't KNOW that really, it's just a manipulative verbal ploy to try to make something hit closer to home. It's also designed to be an attention grabber but has little to do with reality. What I do know is that masks work, but I know that - not because of trumped up statistics like yours - but because I'm in the real world, and I see the results first hand. Now I've linked all kinds of stuff in recent past supporting my position, probably to excess, but I'm not interested in repeating it over and over again, because people like you are going to continue to believe what you want to believe, and I will continue to believe what I believe. In truth, I don't really care what needle you stick in your arm or how many times you do it. I'm all for whatever you want to do. It's your choice as a free American and I wouldn't have it any other way. I don't oppose vaccines. But I sure as heck am not going to tell anybody that it ISN'T their choice whether to get jabbed. Because if that day that actually came to pass, all hell would break loose in this nation. But not to worry because that day will never happen. Thanks!!
Let me explain something to you.
When you see a statistic of 4.6 x more likely to die than y..
It's a layman's way of explaining relative risk. Which is a valid statistic.
Sometimes such a statistic of.is called a hazard ratio. A hazard ratio of 4 would mean you are 4 times more likely to suffer an event.
Here . This will help you understand reality.
You are welcome!

What point are you trying to make?

Sometimes such a statistic of.is called a hazard ratio. A hazard ratio of 4 would mean you are 4 times more likely to suffer an event.
You are welcome!
Darn! I have to understand numbers and stuff?

Let me explain something to you. When anybody presents "data" by saying that you are "4.6 times" more likely to have this happen or that happen, don't believe em. Because it's absolute bullsh*t. They don't KNOW that really, it's just a manipulative verbal ploy to try to make something hit closer to home.

Bullshit!

It’s very easy to find out if the vaccinated or unvaccinated are more at risk of dying after contracting covid-19.

All you need to do is count the dead bodies piling up and compare those who died to the vaccination records.

That’s it.

I have a better suggestion. Why don't you stop spreading misinformation and go explore the internet for the realities of the situation. I've posted so many links that I grow weary of the incessant, blockheaded denial. Oh, and btw, if you don't want to wear a mask and count on your jab, have at it. Thanks!!

There are a ton of studies that show the vaccines work. They even have studied where they can see the antibodies in someone’s blood. They can see the actual level of protection someone has against the virus at the molecular level.

You simply do not what you’re talking about.

You lack the knowledge to opine on this topic.

And as reflechissez stated above. I’ve seen a lot of yapping from you but I haven’t seen any evidence from you that the vaccines don’t work.

There are a ton of studies that show the vaccines work. They even have studied where they can see the antibodies in someone’s blood. They can see the actual level of protection someone has against the virus at the molecular level.

You simply do not what you’re talking about.

You lack the knowledge to opine on this topic.
All the standard, stupid refrains. Anything but really research, dig deep and search for opposing data. That would just be too counterproductive toward your agenda. Thanks!!

All the deplorables did was laugh at the honor system the FDA asked we follow.

When people like you call people like me deplorable, that is a badge of honor. So, thank you!

No-Country-for-Old-Men_Tommy-Lee-Jones_Josh-Brolin_Javier-Bardem_9.jpg

When people like you call people like me deplorable, that is a badge of honor. So, thank you!

No-Country-for-Old-Men_Tommy-Lee-Jones_Josh-Brolin_Javier-Bardem_9.jpg

I did not call you a deplorable. If you self identify as such, that is on you.

You are welcome!

Great post, thanks! But try explaining statistics to somebody who has been spoon-fed a reality in which they believe the way math/probability works is one in which their odds of winning the super mega 800 million dollar jackpot lottery is "doubled" if they buy two tickets instead of one, then good luck educating them. Schools don't teach math or science anymore, they teach social justice and victim-hood. Anybody who is able to think for themselves is dangerous to the nanny state.

Last edited:
I did not call you a deplorable. If you self identify as such, that is on you.
Well, being that I have laughed at the so called "honor system" in regard to masks from the beginning, because it not only flip flopped more than once and was never actually scientific, especially when mask mandates IGNORED the fact that a large percentage of people did not understand that masks are not a cure for covid, and the original intention was specificlly to flatten the curve until a vaccine or natural herd immunity would do the rest. So yeah, call me "deplorable" for laughing at the idiocy being spoon fed to people over masks from the beginning. For example: You cannot go into a store unless you are wearing a mask, or you will be asked to leave and if you don't leave 10 employees and maybe the police will come out and remove you. But 25-30% of other customers walking in---while having a mask on the dumb heads have one present, may have them below their nose or their chin, therefore NO DIFFERENT than the guy walking in without a mask, but nobody says a word about incorrect mask wearers.

If that doesn't describe mass submission without logic, then I don't know what does? If mask mandates are merely a form of virtue signalling, then I don't need mask mandates.

Masks do not cure a virus.

Well, being that I have laughed at the so called "honor system" in regard to masks from the beginning, because it not only flip flopped more than once and was never actually scientific, especially when mask mandates IGNORED the fact that a large percentage of people did not understand that masks are not a cure for covid, and the original intention was specificlly to flatten the curve until a vaccine or natural herd immunity would do the rest. So yeah, call me "deplorable" for laughing at the idiocy being spoon fed to people over masks from the beginning. For example: You cannot go into a store unless you are wearing a mask, or you will be asked to leave and if you don't leave 10 employees and maybe the police will come out and remove you. But 25-30% of other customers walking in---while having a mask on the dumb heads have one present, may have them below their nose or their chin, therefore NO DIFFERENT than the guy walking in without a mask, but nobody says a word about incorrect mask wearers.

If that doesn't describe mass submission without logic, then I don't know what does? If mask mandates are merely a form of virtue signalling, then I don't need mask mandates.

Masks do not cure a virus.
This post is disgustingly stupid. What is even more concerning is the self assumption that this horrific analysis is somehow insightful.

Further disturbing is that this post admits to having so little regard for public health that they laugh as they place others in peril.

Yes, these actions and poor reasoning in this post is deplorable.

Deplorable is not an adjective that can be accepted as honorable, by definition.

Just an FYI

Great post, thanks! But try explaining statistics to somebody who has been spoon-fed a reality in which they believe the way math/probability works is one in which their odds of winning the super mega 800 million dollar jackpot lottery is "doubled" if they buy two tickets instead of one, then good luck educating them. Schools don't teach math or science anymore, they teach social justice and victim-hood. Anybody who is able to think for themselves is dangerous to the nanny state.
Well.. lets think about that.
Is sure as heck isn;t the schools spoon feeding that reality.

Whats feeding that reality where the risk of dying from covid.. 600,000 people or more dying over a year.. seems to be less risk than getting a shot that has shown just a handful of people having a serious reaction....
Whats feeding that alternate reality is a culture that is anti education.. ITs a culture that doesn;t believe in objective reasoning.. . Its one that disparages education as a bastion of "the liberal elite". Its a culture that pulls money out of education.. because it thinks that schools are teaching "critical race theory"...when they can find absolutely no evidence of such not to mention.. the people making these claims can't even DEFINE critical race theory.

The fact is.. the culture thats against science and objective reasoning is the far right.

Well.. lets think about that.
Is sure as heck isn;t the schools spoon feeding that reality.

Whats feeding that reality where the risk of dying from covid.. 600,000 people or more dying over a year.. seems to be less risk than getting a shot that has shown just a handful of people having a serious reaction....
First off, how many people die of the flu each year. Then beyond that, how many people die of the flu which are morbidly obese, diabetic, who smoke, or who are just very old and frail? Shouldn't the real question be about how many otherwise young and healthy people have died of covid before we determine what the real statistics are on risk, and to whom they apply?

Getting the shot should be a personal choice, one based on an individual's risk assesment. Do you not agree with me that for young people who BEFORE vaccines were availabe already had covid and recovered--- without ever getting sick, are not necessarily being ignorant or selfish if they have a legitimate question about why they now need a vaccine? Is that not a fair question?

Whats feeding that alternate reality is a culture that is anti education.. ITs a culture that doesn;t believe in objective reasoning.. . Its one that disparages education as a bastion of "the liberal elite".
And of course the liberal elites who run our who have mandated for lowering or abolishing standard testing because 1) it makes some schools look bad when a majority of their high school grads cannot read at a 4th grade level, or who could not pass remedial math course, or 2) it is suggested that standard tests in math and science are racial biased against minorities..... although Asians seem to have no problem with testing.

Its a culture that pulls money out of education.. because it thinks that schools are teaching "critical race theory"...when they can find absolutely no evidence of such not to mention.. the people making these claims can't even DEFINE critical race theory.

Not sure where you live but I live in California. Schools are teaching all sorts of idiocy here. Besides CRT, there has been a long push to teach "ethnic studies" over just plain American history; a push for gender neutral languange and identity; anything other than math and science. And what of this priority toward free breakfasts and free lunches for all kids, regardless of family income? How is that a educational priority? Sounds more like social engineering priority to me, so why not defund that kind of shit? We waste more money on education that isn't teaching kids what they need to know to compete with China and India, than we waste on EBT vouchers for fast food places.

The fact is.. the culture thats against science and objective reasoning is the far right.

Not sure why you call yourself a "conservative"?

First off, how many people die of the flu each year. Then beyond that, how many people die of the flu which are morbidly obese, diabetic, who smoke, or who are just very old and frail? Shouldn't the real question be about how many otherwise young and healthy people have died of covid before we determine what the real statistics are on risk, and to whom they apply?

Getting the shot should be a personal choice, one based on an individual's risk assesment. Do you not agree with me that for young people who BEFORE vaccines were availabe already had covid and recovered--- without ever getting sick, are not necessarily being ignorant or selfish if they have a legitimate question about why they now need a vaccine? Is that not a fair question?

And of course the liberal elites who run our who have mandated for lowering or abolishing standard testing because 1) it makes some schools look bad when a majority of their high school grads cannot read at a 4th grade level, or who could not pass remedial math course, or 2) it is suggested that standard tests in math and science are racial biased against minorities..... although Asians seem to have no problem with testing.

Not sure where you live but I live in California. Schools are teaching all sorts of idiocy here. Besides CRT, there has been a long push to teach "ethnic studies" over just plain American history; a push for gender neutral languange and identity; anything other than math and science. And what of this priority toward free breakfasts and free lunches for all kids, regardless of family income? How is that a educational priority? Sounds more like social engineering priority to me, so why not defund that kind of shit? We waste more money on education that isn't teaching kids what they need to know to compete with China and India, than we waste on EBT vouchers for fast food places.

Not sure why you call yourself a "conservative"?
1. Let's see ..about 30000 to 60000 die of complications from the flu in the us in a year.
Roughly 600,000 died of covid related complications.
2. Comorbidities like obesity..copd play the same roles in flu death.
3. No. Because the results of getting covid to the economy and health system aren't concerned with comorbidities and what is the " real risk for the young"
In addition..even when the young have a much smaller likelihood of dying...they act as vectors to spread the disease to people who can..or become sources of new mutations
4. Getting the shot should be based on an individuals risk assessment for having a reaction to the vaccine. Not only their perceived risk of covid during the pandemic.
5. A person who has had covid will have immunity for a time..and that im.unity will wane as it does with the flu.. as it does with the vaccine.
If they get the vaccine..their likelihood of catching covid again and becoming a vector or an incubator for a new mutation goes dramatically down. Which is a huge benefit to the medical system and to the economy.
6. I defy you to show where California schools have opted out of teaching math and science to instead teach " other things".
7. I would hazard a guess that free lunches and free breakfasts to everyone are so kids can be assured of getting the nutrition they need to learn..even when they don't have a parent..who is totally capable of feeding them..supply them with food.
We have children from middle class families who routinely send their kids to school without winter coats or winter boots because the parents couldn't be bothered to get them outfitted..
I would expect that happens California schools when it comes to breakfast and lunch.
8. Because I am a conservative.

Back
Top Bottom