• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Please take a look at this graph and explain Vermont, etc. Thanks!!

Logophile

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

I
StateFirst doseFully vaccinatedTotal doses
United States62.3%53.0%374,488,924
Vermont76.4%68.1%877,406
Massachusetts75.7%66.3%9,527,318
Puerto Rico75.2%63.9%4,304,242
Hawaii74.7%55.7%1,799,439
Connecticut74.1%66.4%4,856,545
Rhode Island72.2%65.3%1,404,114
Maine72.0%66.2%1,755,264
New Mexico70.6%60.6%2,673,704
New Jersey70.4%62.0%11,103,350
Pennsylvania69.9%55.6%15,536,659
Show more states

To understand, you need to refer to the link to get the full picture. Vermont has the highest vaccination rate in the nation. So why does it have such a high covid rate as of late?? I'll take a guess. Because vaccinated people don't seem to understand that they can STILL GET covid and spread it. So they don't wear masks and/or the vaccines may not be that effective. Thanks!!

I
Vermont76.4%68.1%877,406
Maine72.0%66.2%1,755,264
Show more states

To understand, you need to refer to the link to get the full picture. Vermont has the highest vaccination rate in the nation. So why does it have such a high covid rate as of late?? I'll take a guess. Because vaccinated people don't seem to understand that they can STILL GET covid and spread it. So they don't wear masks and/or the vaccines may not be that effective. Thanks!!
Yes, it's complacency-'I'm vaccinated thus safe'. Sadly not, as you correctly point out.

I
Vermont76.4%68.1%877,406
Maine72.0%66.2%1,755,264
Show more states

Go down to the third chart to see the per-capita numbers.

As you can see, cases and deaths are rising in Vermont, but not nearly as much as in the Deep South, including Florida.

I
Vermont76.4%68.1%877,406
Maine72.0%66.2%1,755,264
Show more states

Thanks for making the case for everyone who has not gotten the vaccine. It's not proving to be the fix! It's not working as advertised and this has caused a huge lack of trust in those pushing the vaccine, pushing mask wearing, pushing shutdowns and social distancing. I suspect that it will improve if the politicians and medical talking heads get a little more open and honest. Fauci the man who gave us 10,000 differing opinions on everything covid, the man who help fund the Wuhan lab "gain of function" research and lied about it, has to go. He is a huge problem for those who are not getting the vaccine, TRUST, isn't Fauci.

I
Vermont76.4%68.1%877,406
Maine72.0%66.2%1,755,264
Show more states

Really dumb post. Get back to me when any red state has the success with Covid Vermont has had. Thanks

The FDA made as big a blunder as can be made when it removed the mask guidelines. 😷
Inexcusablelly ignorant of them.
Trump level ignorance. It was that bad.

I think you mean the CDC. They're just as bad under Biden as under Trump. I blame Biden for that.

I
Vermont76.4%68.1%877,406
Maine72.0%66.2%1,755,264
Show more states

We were told, and not that long ago, that as long as we were fully vaccinated and among people who were fully vaccinated, we could forego the masks.

That's why the Democrat runaways of Texas flew to DC in a private plane with lots of beers but no masks. That was July 12th.

I'll give Fauci credit for one thing: he has stuck to the mask idea unwaveringly since he was caught lying about them in the first few days. His only changes of opinion has been on the number of masks we needed to wear. Rand Paul pressed him to say that once we're fully vaccinated we can stop wearing masks and distancing, but Fauci refused.

I think Fauci sees the masks as more than just a virtue signal. He sees them as a show of personal obedience to Dr. Anthony Fauci, or as he calls himself, "Science."

Thanks for making the case for everyone who has not gotten the vaccine. It's not proving to be the fix! It's not working as advertised and this has caused a huge lack of trust in those pushing the vaccine, pushing mask wearing, pushing shutdowns and social distancing. I suspect that it will improve if the politicians and medical talking heads get a little more open and honest. Fauci the man who gave us 10,000 differing opinions on everything covid, the man who help fund the Wuhan lab "gain of function" research and lied about it, has to go. He is a huge problem for those who are not getting the vaccine, TRUST, isn't Fauci.

You are pushing death.

I think you mean the CDC. They're just as bad under Biden as under Trump. I blame Biden for that.
They are once again ****ing up as they will not recomend a booster without going through all their protocols.
This is an emergency and their delay will cost lives.

Complete and utter BS. The ignorant anti Vax crowd is just looking for excuses. It certainly isn't about logic or science as evidenced by taking ivermectin and other bogus drugs for Covid.

We were told, and not that long ago, that as long as we were fully vaccinated and among people who were fully vaccinated, we could forego the masks.

That's why the Democrat runaways of Texas flew to DC in a private plane with lots of beers but no masks. That was July 12th.

I'll give Fauci credit for one thing: he has stuck to the mask idea unwaveringly since he was caught lying about them in the first few days. His only changes of opinion has been on the number of masks we needed to wear. Rand Paul pressed him to say that once we're fully vaccinated we can stop wearing masks and distancing, but Fauci refused.

I think Fauci sees the masks as more than just a virtue signal. He sees them as a show of personal obedience to Dr. Anthony Fauci, or as he calls himself, "Science."

You continue to lie about lies many times debunked and never proved. You lie. Quote what Fauci said that is a lie and give the evidence that it is so.

Garbage. Of course it's working as advertised; if you get infected while vaccinated you'll be extremely unfortunate if you get much more than mild flu symptoms. Oh, and Fauci has 'lied' about nothing. No, ignorance is the "huge problem" for those not getting caccinated; youtube conspiracy crap, idiots like Trump's poodle, Atlas, who knows zip about virology or epidemiology, and idiot conservatives whining endlessly about 'freedom'-that's where the problems lie-and it's a huge component of why the most advanced and well-resourced nation in the world is the global leader in Covid deaths and infections.

Except Vermont has one of the lowest death rates, even with a rising amount of cases.

I
Vermont76.4%68.1%877,406
Maine72.0%66.2%1,755,264
So they don't wear masks and/or the vaccines may not be that effective. Thanks!!
That is why both sides should be more humble.

Nobody -- nobody! -- should be so cocksure.

We are learning as we go along.

Being overly militant only angers more people and makes things worse.

(Just read that Israel is considering a 4th boaster shot!!!)

What "lie" do you imagine Fauci told about masks?

Go down to the third chart to see the per-capita numbers.

As you can see, cases and deaths are rising in Vermont, but not nearly as much as in the Deep South, including Florida.
The point is, they are rising. And they shouldn't be. The biggest rise in cases was in - of all places - Maine, with a 72 percent vaccination rate!! And that makes no sense at all because this is the time of year that most people are enjoying the outdoors in Maine. FLORIDA is going down, in part because the kids are headed back to school so all the vacationers are finally heading home. Florida had 26 MILLION visitors in the first three months of this year alone. And southern states are humid, with people clustered in air conditioning. So the northern states shouldn't be spiking the way they are. So it's definitely a mask issue but without a doubt, these vaccines aren't doing the job. It's time for Big Pharma to fess up. Thanks!!

Last edited:

I will never understand folks that post as you do.
Living the propaganda of an extremist group like the GQP is perplexing to the reasoned and considered.

What "lie" do you imagine Fauci told about masks?
I've posted it too many times to keep repeating myself to people who put their fingers in their ears and say "LA, LA, LA, LA."

In the first few days and weeks of Covid-19 nobody, not even the world's leading experts in virology and epidemiology, knew a damn thing about how the novel virus behaved. Nobody lied. The rest of your post is total partisan garbage. Rand Paul is an idiot.

The FDA lifted guidelines?

I just looked.

The FDA still has guidelines.
The mask recommendation for the vacinated was lifted. This cause everyone to throw away their masks as Trumpists are dishonest as the day is long.
That they brought back the mask recommendation for indoors is of no relevance as the genie was already out of the battle

Complete and utter BS. The ignorant anti Vax crowd is just looking for excuses. It certainly isn't about logic or science as evidenced by taking ivermectin and other bogus drugs for Covid.
Why don't you call Reuters and tell them that it's BS?? Reuters put together the stats, and it leans liberal. So go ahead, and tell Reuters it's all bs. Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom