• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Your trans-exclusive dating and sexual practices are transphobic.

Of course they are tolerated, but how do we enforce people to date LGBT people?
Why does this thought even cross your mind?

Don't 'progressives' get tired of this infantile little trick? Putting words into peoples' mouths and then disagreeing with them? Btw I have as much contempt for all religious beliefs as I have for 'progressive' posturing.
AOC' has made it very clear in another thread that he supports christian nationalism. Am I supposed to ignore that previous support and instead views his ideas as separate and wholly compartmentalized?

Then please explain where you are going because the argument you are making seems very circular from my perspective.

AOC' has made it very clear in another thread that he supports christian nationalism. Am I supposed to ignore that previous support and instead views his ideas as separate and wholly compartmentalized?

Then please explain where you are going because the argument you are making seems very circular from my perspective.
Fair points. Though it seems to me that everyone's ideas are compartmentalized to some extent. I wish I was always consistent but I'm sure I'm not.

Technically correct, but that doesn't make their choice any less racist.
Its not really always racist. Besides racism is about power.

Technically correct, but that doesn't make their choice any less racist.
Im not going to call a lesbian that doesnt want to date trans people they are immediately transphobic because that aint my ****in place.

AOC' has made it very clear in another thread that he supports christian nationalism.

You need to read a little more carefully. I have never stated support for Christian nationalism. Various posters were making claims about Christian nationalism that I believed were false. That doesn't mean I'm a Christian nationalist or that I support it.

What exactly do you think the goals of christian nationalism are? They seek to enforce nothing less than their very conservative Christian religious beliefs as secular law and ban/criminalize anything that they disagree with. These people are the christian equivalent of ISIL. They must be stopped if others are going to have equal rights.

No, there are degrees to this. You're a leftist, do you support nationalizing every industry, and every part of the economy? Probably not. Not every Christian wants what MTG wants.

These are the words of MTG.
We need to be the party of nationalism and I’m a Christian, and I say it proudly, we should be Christian nationalists,” Greene said in an interview while attending the Turning Point USA Student Action Summit in Florida on Saturday. Her self-avowal of Christian nationalism follows her claim last month that Christian nationalism is “nothing to be afraid of,” and that the “movement” will solve school shootings and “sexual immorality” in America.

One person is saying how things should be because they are not that way now.

When she says that she is going to solve sexual immorality, what do you think that she means?

She's insane, I have no idea what she means. I do know that she is not a typical Christian.

Where are the equal religious and secular rights of everyone else, or dont they apply?

World's lamest cop-out.
No cop out. Preferences can be informed by racial prejudices but if you look at American racism its been about power and domination.

No, there are degrees to this. You're a leftist, do you support nationalizing every industry, and every part of the economy? Probably not. Not every Christian wants what MTG wants.

She's insane, I have no idea what she means. I do know that she is not a typical Christian.
Christian nationalism is a distinct ideology. Marjorie just parses things like “im not a white nationalist! Im white and a nationalist!” Like that would fool anyone.

No cop out. Preferences can be informed by racial prejudices but if you look at American racism its been about power and domination.

Do you believe only people with "power and domination" can be transphobic as well?

Do you believe only people with "power and domination" can be transphobic as well?
Transphobia in particular can be one or the other yes. However when i talk about transphobia i dont usually refer to simple things like dating preferences or accidental misgendering.

Her ideas are blatantly unconstitutional because they violate both religious clauses of the 1st amendment, so I don't give a furry Fig Newton what she wants. Our religious rights are the right to believe or not to believe and the right to worship as we choose. We don't have the right to force others to obey our beliefs because that would violate their equal religious rights to live and believe as they choose. The Establishment Clause creates an impenetrable wall between religion and the government but her idea is a obvious violation of the because it would establish a christian biased government. The fact that there are 100 different protestant sects alone would be a major problem because not even all protestant christian believe as that nutjob does, so she would be violating their christian rights as well as everyone else who inst protestant christian. Are you starting to see why the framers created the wall of separation between the government and religion?

Her beliefs are blatantly unconstitutional because they establish a conservative christian government.

She is insane and a fascist.

Transphobia in particular can be one or the other yes. However when i talk about transphobia i dont usually refer to simple things like dating preferences or accidental misgendering.

Suppose a white girl says, "I won't date black guys. It doesn't matter how nice they are, how funny they are, or how rich they are. I will not date a black guy, period."

Is she being racist?

Suppose a white girl says, "I won't date black guys. It doesn't matter how nice they are, how funny they are, or how rich they are. I will not date a black guy, period."

Is she being racist?
Yes. Very likely she is being racist.

Is she being racist?
Her preferences are very likely to be informed by racism.

Yes. Very likely she is being racist.
Her preferences are very likely to be informed by racism.

Suppose another white girl says, "My preference is not to date black guys."

Is that racist? My guess is both of you will say maybe, but probably not, that's just her preference.

I say it is racist, because the only way it could not be racist is if she had a really, really good reason to exclude black men, but I can't think of a single one.

Can either of you? Remember, you have not sound like Richard Spencer.

Is that racist? My guess is both of you will say maybe, but probably not, that's just her preference.

it is racist.
I say it is racist, because the only way it could not be racist is if she had a really, really good reason to exclude black men, but I can't think of a single one.

Wow cant be honest for even a milisecond.

The weird reference to richard spencer indicates you are just here for a gotcha. Its called baiting.

If a white girl is excluding men based on their race, then any reason to justify her "preference" is going to sound like something Richard Spencer would say.

But maybe I'm wrong. Go ahead and justify her "no blacks" dating policy.

If a white girl is excluding men based on their race, then any reason to justify her "preference" is going to sound like something Richard Spencer would say.

But maybe I'm wrong. Go ahead and justify her "no blacks" dating policy.
I see your point now. Maybe i was misunderstanding something. I just wouldnt want to police someone’s dating practices.

Back
Top Bottom