• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Your trans-exclusive dating and sexual practices are transphobic.

Suppose a lesbian says, "My preference is to not date trans women."

Is that prejudicial? Is she being a bigot, like the white girl was about black men?
That is her decision. Pre-or post-op?

Where exactly is this line of thinking going?

Yes. Very likely she is being racist.
Suppose an English man says "I would not date an American lefty woman as I think them bossy, intolerant and strident harridans". Is he being racist?

Suppose an English man says "I would not date an American lefty woman as I think them bossy, intolerant and strident harridans". Is he being racist?
No. He is being xenophobic. It might be the stereotype but there are always exceptions. Does he have the right to do it? Of course, he does.

Technically correct, but that doesn't make their choice any less racist.
First you understand that by that logic, a black not wanting to date a white is thus racist.

Secondly, it does not make racists in any way, shape or form. Not as an automatic thing at any rate. I won't deny that there are not those who are fueled by racism. A racist would not only not want to date a person of another race, but would not want their children to either. The non-racist who doesn't want to date another race, doesn't care if their children or anyone else does, and even supports them when they do. The racists sees interracial dating/marriage as wrong. The non-racist doesn't even see it as wrong for them, but simply not their preferences.

Suppose a white girl says, "I won't date black guys. It doesn't matter how nice they are, how funny they are, or how rich they are. I will not date a black guy, period."

Is she being racist?
Sure give her the easy bait.

@Lisa suppose a black girl says, "I won't date white guys. It doesn't matter how nice they are, how funny they are, or how rich they are. I will not date a white guy, period."

I say it is racist, because the only way it could not be racist is if she had a really, really good reason to exclude black men, but I can't think of a single one.

Why does there have to be any reason? While I have had thinner and younger play partners, when it comes to serious dating/relationship, my go to has always ended up being women older than me and on the heavier side, but only up to a certain size. I'm not even rejecting women who are not this, it's just where my preferences lie. Am I being age-ist and weight-ist here?

That is her decision.

So why would that make a difference when it comes to race? If the decision to not date outside your race is racist every time, then the decision to not date a trans person is transphobic every time.

Pre-or post-op?

Why should that make a difference? Aren't they a woman no matter what is between their legs? I know that you have claimed as much before in other threads.

Not having a desire to date a Trans person is the new transphobic?

Learn something new everyday on here. :ROFLMAO:

Why does there have to be any reason?

Because the political left demands a reason in any other context. If a white landlord says he doesn't want to rent to black people because that's his preference, then the political left wants the government to drag him into court.

Because the political left demands a reason in any other context. If a white landlord says he doesn't want to rent to black people because that's his preference, then the political left wants the government to drag him into court.
While I am one who believes that Freedom of Association and Private Property Right means that a private business has the right to choose whom they do or do not engage in business with, such an activity is not the same as engaging in interpersonal affairs.

Then provide some non-racist reasons why a person would exclude a certain race for dating/sex/marriage.
A racist is one who holds that their race is the superior one and the others inferior. As I noted in an earlier post, a racist would not only want to not have an interracial relationship themselves, but would feel that such is wrong for any of their race, especially their children or other family. A non-racist simply does not want to be in a relationship with one of another race, but does not hold that there is anything wrong with others who do so, and is even happy if they are.

If your claim is that any decision that has to do with race is racist, then a white women who will only date/marry black men is a racist as well. Do you hold this to be true? Would you say that a black man who refuses to date white women is also racist?

While I am one who believes that Freedom of Association and Private Property Right means that a private business has the right to choose whom they do or do not engage in business with,

Good, we need more people like you.

such an activity is not the same as engaging in interpersonal affairs.

Why not? They are both interpersonal affairs. If anything, dating/marriage/sex relationships are far more important in life for most people than simple business relationships.

A racist is one who holds that their race is the superior one and the others inferior. As I noted in an earlier post, a racist would not only want to not have an interracial relationship themselves, but would feel that such is wrong for any of their race, especially their children or other family. A non-racist simply does not want to be in a relationship with one of another race, but does not hold that there is anything wrong with others who do so, and is even happy if they are.

If your claim is that any decision that has to do with race is racist, then a white women who will only date/marry black men is a racist as well. Do you hold this to be true?

Of course.

Would you say that a black man who refuses to date white women is also racist?

Yes.

Sure give her the easy bait.

@Lisa suppose a black girl says, "I won't date white guys. It doesn't matter how nice they are, how funny they are, or how rich they are. I will not date a white guy, period."
Yes, that is racist. Why?

Yes, that is racist. Why?
You are pretty good at explaining things. So tell my why Americans are obsessed with something that does not actually exist: namely 'race'?

Ou species Homo Sapiens is not divided into distinct races. Since the discovery of DNA this old idea, always of doubtful validity, has been disproved again and again. Science cannot finally 'prove' any theory but it most definitely disprove those that are false.

Remember that we're attracted to genders and not genitals. We must affirm trans women are women and trans men are trans men in all aspect of life including our romantic and sexual relationships or we don't really affirm trans people.

Of course I'm sure all the weirdo straight guys who wouldn't do a hot trans chick because she has an icky peepee won't agree.

I thought body and gender are separate? In which case, I can acknowledge your gender but never sleep with you because of your body.

Nobody is entitled to sex with anybody else. I can say no for any reason, even a reason you think is unfair. My body, my choice. My sexual preferences are not up for debate or modification. Stop being a predator.

You are pretty good at explaining things. So tell my why Americans are obsessed with something that does not actually exist: namely 'race'?

Racism appeals to ignorant people, which we have a lot of. Education in the US is a sad state of affairs and the GOP wants to keep it that way because educated people do not vote for republicans. It is easy to pander to people for their votes when they continually use mindless social issues like abortion, racism, immigration, religion, and LGBT rights instead of focusing on important issues such as the economy, healthcare, education, and jobs.
Ou species Homo Sapiens is not divided into distinct races. Since the discovery of DNA this old idea, always of doubtful validity, has been disproved again and again. Science cannot finally 'prove' any theory but it most definitely disprove those that are false.

Dividing people by the color of their skin is easier than thinking.

This is really cool of Maher.

And this girl's commentary is spot on.

I used to be an extreme lefty - just like the personalities she mentioned - but critically thinking individuals with actual nerve just can't take a lot of the socio-political garbage that has been rapidly being produced by the left in the last few years; particularly on LGBTRP issues.

she's ****ing anoying

It was a European who invented the concept of race, and some whites hold onto race for its power and privilege.

First you understand that by that logic, a black not wanting to date a white is thus racist.

Secondly, it does not make racists in any way, shape or form. Not as an automatic thing at any rate. I won't deny that there are not those who are fueled by racism. A racist would not only not want to date a person of another race, but would not want their children to either. The non-racist who doesn't want to date another race, doesn't care if their children or anyone else does, and even supports them when they do. The racists sees interracial dating/marriage as wrong. The non-racist doesn't even see it as wrong for them, but simply not their preferences.

Are you using "preferences" as code for racism?

Preferences by their very nature are discriminatory. I prefer beef to chicken thus I discriminate against chicken restaurants and the people who work there.

I prefer men over women I discriminate against women in dating. It's okay it's acceptable people who try to suggest that it isn't should date sometime they aren't attracted to.

Back
Top Bottom