• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Your guide to interacting with an introvert

or introverts should just move to the woods. Nobody will miss them.

Since serial killers and mass shooters are all introverts, society needs to err on the side of caution and imprison you all anyways.

Since serial killers and mass shooters are all introverts, society needs to err on the side of caution and imprison you all anyways.

we CAN'T move to the damned woods, because you all keep expecting us to do ****.

we CAN'T move to the damned woods, because you all keep expecting us to do ****.

Kindle will make librarians obsolete. Beyond that, we don't need you people.

Kindle will make librarians obsolete. Beyond that, we don't need you people.

yeah, because the research in this lab is just going to do itself.

PS : don't stop me to make small talk in the hallway while i'm trying to get my lunch, energy vampires.

I dated an extrovert in college who tried to change me into one. Yeah, that didn't last.

yeah, because the research in this lab is just going to do itself.

PS : don't stop me to make small talk in the hallway while i'm trying to get my lunch, energy vampires.

An outgoing person can do it--they just won't keep it secret, Special Research Agent Helix. Surprised your mommy didn't pack your lunch so you wouldn't even have to go to the cafeteria with all them mean extraverts hanging about.

An outgoing person can do it--they just won't keep it secret, Special Research Agent Helix. Surprised your mommy didn't pack your lunch so you wouldn't even have to go to the cafeteria with all them mean extraverts hanging about.

for your information, Count Dracula, i had a kickass Empire Strikes Back lunch box, and i ate in the lunchroom with the rest of you social butterflies.

for your information, Count Dracula, i had a kickass Empire Strikes Back lunch box, and i ate in the lunchroom with the rest of you social butterflies.

*Wedgie* *Swirly*

HA HA

van damn it. time to go recharge.

The internet has helped me become a lot less introverted than I once was. At one point I was painfully shy...now in real life I'm just a tad shy. More apprehensive than shy.

Gee thanks Fisher. I am an introvert, and I hope that there is at least a couple of people who would miss me if I moved to the woods. :(

Gee thanks Fisher. I am an introvert, and I hope that there is at least a couple of people who would miss me if I moved to the woods. :(

You can text them. :mrgreen:

I am right in the middle on the M-B, and personally I find it much more energy draining to deal with someone who won't say anything than someone who yammers on incessantly.

yep. finally, somebody gets it.

The part of that article that I find irritating is the assumption that extroverted people are the ones doing it 'wrong' and need to change the way they interact with introverted people. Why shouldn't introverts be the ones to change?
Or why shouldn't both sides find a compromise in the middle somewhere.

yep. finally, somebody gets it.

When dealing with introverts I like to sit really close to them or lean over their back and ask what they're eating...then ask them if it tastes like chicken.....then ask if they're going to finish it all. Sometimes I'll also ask if they always eat left handed.

The part of that article that I find irritating is the assumption that extroverted people are the ones doing it 'wrong' and need to change the way they interact with introverted people. Why shouldn't introverts be the ones to change?

because we really can't. no one is asking extroverts to change, just to understand.

Or why shouldn't both sides find a compromise in the middle somewhere.

sure, absolutely. most introverts compromise already, though. i do it every day. at work, with small talk that makes me nervous. i have that rare moment when it comes naturally, but it only lasts a few sentences, and then my throat dries up. i compromise fronting a band, which requires a couple drinks to get onstage even fifteen years in. i compromise when i go to special events in which, when i got the invitation, my first thought was "oh no," even though i kind of want to go.

it's an extrovert's world. i love extroverts, and am a wannabe extrovert myself. however, the article serves mostly to explain why we introverts aren't weird, just wired differently. sorry if you took my joshing around as genuine dislike for extroverts. i don't dislike them, but sometimes i get stressed out when different groups of friends are curious as to why i can't go to events multiple days in a row and just need a couple nights at home by myself to recharge.

When dealing with introverts I like to sit really close to them or lean over their back and ask what they're eating...then ask them if it tastes like chicken.....then ask if they're going to finish it all. Sometimes I'll also ask if they always eat left handed.

oh, man. when someone barges into my lunch and starts asking a bunch of questions, i really tend to shut down, lol. lunch is a special and private time. :lol:

because we really can't.

If introverts can't change the way they are, why do they assume that extroverts can?

no one is asking extroverts to change, just to understand.

I'm not saying you are, but the article certainly was. The last third of it was instructions for how an extrovert should interact with an introvert.

sure, absolutely. most introverts compromise already, though. i do it every day. at work, with small talk that makes me nervous. i have that rare moment when it comes naturally, but it only lasts a few sentences, and then my throat dries up. i compromise fronting a band, which requires a couple drinks to get onstage even fifteen years in. i compromise when i go to special events in which, when i got the invitation, my first thought was "oh no," even though i kind of want to go.

it's an extrovert's world. i love extroverts, and am a wannabe extrovert myself. however, the article serves mostly to explain why we introverts aren't weird, just wired differently. sorry if you took my joshing around as genuine dislike for extroverts. i don't dislike them, but sometimes i get stressed out when different groups of friends are curious as to why i can't go to events multiple days in a row and just need a couple nights at home by myself to recharge.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to knock you in particular or introverted people in general. I'm not the most extroverted person in the world either, I definitely need my alone time, so I do understand where you're coming from.

If introverts can't change the way they are, why do they assume that extroverts can?

I'm not saying you are, but the article certainly was. The last third of it was instructions for how an extrovert should interact with an introvert.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to knock you in particular or introverted people in general. I'm not the most extroverted person in the world either, I definitely need my alone time, so I do understand where you're coming from.

oh, i don't want the extroverts around me to change. i just don't want them to feel hurt when i find the edge of the party or go walk around by myself for 30 minutes or so. i also don't want to offend people i care about when the social avoidance is more than i can overcome. yes, i'd love to come to your barbecue, but i have done events twice in the last few days, and i just need to hide in my house and interact with you fine folks on DP for a while.

I used to be very introverted but that has changed over the years. One thing that led to the change is being with someone worse than me. He made me realize that being that introverted is rude, even if that is not your intention. People need to feel acknowledged, introverts tend to not do that.

The internet has helped me become a lot less introverted than I once was. At one point I was painfully shy...now in real life I'm just a tad shy. More apprehensive than shy.

People have called me introverted before, but I think they mistook my silence for introversion. I just like to people watch until I figure out who is worth interacting with.

I think I linger between extroverted and anti social. Haha

My boyfriend is an introvert. Drives me crazy sometimes. I have to keep reminding myself that he does cares and listen, it just his nature. Sometimes, I am surprised when he mentions something I had told him, sometimes years before... something I didn't think he gave a flying **** about.

People have called me introverted before, but I think they mistook my silence for introversion. I just like to people watch until I figure out who is worth interacting with.

I think I linger between extroverted and anti social. Haha

Better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. :D

Better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. :D

I'm far from being a fool, Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom